The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Here's the thing , Nike had no choice but to release the zoom generations and these like this.

Look at the past 3 years with the line ? Inflated prices and a saturation of colorways and stock. All that did was have them collect dust and hit outlets.

Soooo, they decided to turn back the clock and bring it back to 2010-13 on us. Seems pretty effective to me.

Now the black ice went from a "I'll wait a couple of days to cop" release to a "first day, cop IMMEDIATELY" release.

Good job, Nike. Well played. Lmao.

So I'm pretty confused in store $175, app $225...
Can you call Nike to get the difference back? 
Quick L. Bots wins again
Nah, I'm running on an AOL, Dialup, whack, cheap internet and was able to cop something.... it's either Nike is cherry picked who pushes through... or just random luck.... But 9 out of 10... I take the L's... I just say to myself, "If it's meant to be, it you will get to check out. If it's not meant to be... you just saved some bread." lmao
Difference a month makes. I recall only 4 people in this thread liking this colorway on Christmas Day. Now, "out of nowhere" the turn starts.

Smh.
I was thinking the same thing.... maybe it's peoples fall back... they didn't get their first choice... so now they settle? IDK lol 

What are the thoughts on this "Out of no where" launch? Is it as limited and sought out to be as people are hyping them out to be? Or something to put up in the back of the closet to mature with age? Or it's just a general release, per se?

roll.gif
 sly

Last edited:
Here's the thing , Nike had no choice but to release the zoom generations and these like this.

Look at the past 3 years with the line ? Inflated prices and a saturation of colorways and stock. All that did was have them collect dust and hit outlets.

Soooo, they decided to turn back the clock and bring it back to 2010-13 on us. Seems pretty effective to me.

Now the black ice went from a "I'll wait a couple of days to cop" release to a "first day, cop IMMEDIATELY" release.

Good job, Nike. Well played. Lmao.
LMAO... Marketing at it's best...

So we're getting bamboozled....okiedoked? 

Can you call Nike to get the difference back? 

Nah, I'm running on an AOL, Dialup, whack, cheap internet and was able to cop something.... it's either Nike is cherry picked who pushes through... or just random luck.... But 9 out of 10... I take the L's... I just say to myself, "If it's meant to be, it you will get to check out. If it's not meant to be... you just saved some bread." lmao

I was thinking the same thing.... maybe it's peoples fall back... they didn't get their first choice... so now they settle? IDK lol 
True.

LMAO... Marketing at it's best...

So we're getting bamboozled....okiedoked? 

Marketing 101. Look at the 3 stripes. They have people convincing themselves that socks and styrofoam is the most advanced technology in the footwear market today when lowkey, it's because a maniacal egomaniac who has a tendency of outbursts and dyeing his hair and scarce quantities is the sole reason for this demand.

Welcome to the shoe game.

I believe the snkrs app oonw will come with a special package or letter of some sort from Bron Bron, giving the reason for the price increase.

Marketing 101. Look at the 3 stripes. They have people convincing themselves that socks and styrofoam is the most advanced technology in the footwear market today when lowkey, it's because a maniacal egomaniac who has a tendency of outbursts and dyeing his hair and scarce quantities is the sole reason for this demand.

Welcome to the shoe game.
:lol: so true true soooooooooooo trueeee

Also , for those who won't buy the black ice, yes it's "Boring" , "basic"and "safe" to some , but to others it's "copped" , "homie discounted" and "swooshed" instantly while being $50 cheaper.

And I guarantee on feb 10, a majority of people will try them on in store and have a initial interest.

*shrug* hell, what do I know.

Have a feeling they're gonna restock and be easily available in New Orleans come all star weekend. For those who stay down that way have a great chance.

axelrod axelrod I agree, great marketing by Nike to spark more interest in the model. I love the model, gonna grab the the "Black Ice" on release day.

Also , for those who won't buy the black ice, yes it's "Boring" , "basic"and "safe" to some , but to others it's "copped" , "homie discounted" and "swooshed" instantly while being $50 cheaper.

And I guarantee on feb 10, a majority of people will try them on in store and have a initial interest.

*shrug* hell, what do I know.

I will definitely try them on for sizing purposes...but as for walking out of the store with them...right now that's a no go. I'm still too in my feelings haha [emoji]128514[/emoji]

The BHM lebron 14s are also gonna drop in february too, maybe that'll be an interesting colorway

Nike is going the all blacked out route this year based on other releases for BHM...unless they switch it up for the XIV, I'm not holding my breath.

I'll laugh so hard if this OONW drops again in a general release mode.

I don't think the black ice colorway is boring. I would buy it but I would wait and see if they get marked down.

Hell no :lol:
My size was damn near non existent in these and winded up with a 10.5, which I switched with my boy for a 10

Smh, being from Cleveland, I always ID 1 pair of Bron's just cause, this was the first actual Nike CW I wanted since the 11's and figures they were impossible to get smh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom