The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Anyone got any advice. Bought some shoes off ebay listed as new with box.  the seller had 20 feedback.  I got the shoes on the listing but I got a used pair.  What gave it away was the branding/enscribing on the insoles/footbed of the shoes was faded away and peeled away almost entirely.   Actually kinda glad now that nike , adidas and other brands make the enscribing this way. If it was sewn in or laser stitched in it would be harder to tell if shoes are truly new or worn. I opened an item not as described thing with ebay.  This seller is a crazy guy, accusing me of "harassing" him for messaging him. Telling me nonsense like "if the outsoles are in good shape how can the insoles be bad?"  I provided pictures of his shoes to him and ebay within 30 minutes of picking them up from ups.  also provided a link to another ebay listing which shows what the insoles look like on a new pair of these shoes. and a youtube review video which shows what the shoes look like brand new. the shoes had a creased toebox and a smell to them too.  The listing only had pictures of the outsoles, side view of the shoes, and the shoebox.  funnily enough the toebox was creased, insoles had faded away writing, and pictures of these were not even provided on the listing at all.  the seller is claiming "You asked me for pictures of the outsole and liked the shoes, therefore you were satisfied with them and have buyers remorse now".  Lol.. I am gonna call ebay in an hour and try to escalate this soon. on the website it says to wait 3 business days before ebay steps in. 
Take pics and file a claim. If  a shoe is listed as "New", then it should be new and unworn. You'll get your money back or a discount on the shoes. 
It can peel if someone tries on the shoe. It doesn't mean they are used.

Anyone got any advice. Bought some shoes off ebay listed as new with box.  the seller had 20 feedback.  I got the shoes on the listing but I got a used pair.  What gave it away was the branding/enscribing on the insoles/footbed of the shoes was faded away and peeled away almost entirely.   Actually kinda glad now that nike , adidas and other brands make the enscribing this way. If it was sewn in or laser stitched in it would be harder to tell if shoes are truly new or worn. I opened an item not as described thing with ebay.  This seller is a crazy guy, accusing me of "harassing" him for messaging him. Telling me nonsense like "if the outsoles are in good shape how can the insoles be bad?"  I provided pictures of his shoes to him and ebay within 30 minutes of picking them up from ups.  also provided a link to another ebay listing which shows what the insoles look like on a new pair of these shoes. and a youtube review video which shows what the shoes look like brand new. the shoes had a creased toebox and a smell to them too.  The listing only had pictures of the outsoles, side view of the shoes, and the shoebox.  funnily enough the toebox was creased, insoles had faded away writing, and pictures of these were not even provided on the listing at all.  the seller is claiming "You asked me for pictures of the outsole and liked the shoes, therefore you were satisfied with them and have buyers remorse now".  Lol.. I am gonna call ebay in an hour and try to escalate this soon. on the website it says to wait 3 business days before ebay steps in. 

Take pics and file a claim. If  a shoe is listed as "New", then it should be new and unworn. You'll get your money back or a discount on the shoes. 
It can peel if someone tries on the shoe. It doesn't mean they are used.

[thread="651753"]Sounds like you sold him the shoes :rofl: You sound like a true "eBayer". You "Tried on" the shoes once......but kept them on to play basketball for four hours and wear them for the next two weeks during your "Try on" period :rofl: [/thread]

It kinda sounds like the guy has buyers remorse.

New and unworn is within reason.

It kinda sounds like the guy has buyers remorse.

New and unworn is within reason.
That's funny the seller was accusing me of buyers remorse too.

The shoes were not lebrons or pgs. Here's pics showing the shoes I got vs what a new pair looks like.

You do sound like an ebay seller that has tried to do this or does this tbh 

here's what new ones look like 

That's funny the seller was accusing me of buyers remorse too.

The shoes were not lebrons or pgs. Here's pics showing the shoes I got vs what a new pair looks like.

You do sound like an ebay seller that has tried to do this or does this tbh 

View media item 2480588

View media item 2480589

View media item 2480590

here's what new ones look like 

View media item 2480592

View media item 2480593

Yep those are well worn.

Not sure how the bottoms look but if they look new, it just means he played a whole lot of basketball in them :rofl:

Last edited:

Yeah. thanks . i did take pics within 20 mins of receiving. I paid $100 for them, the seller refused to allow a return and didnt want ebay to step in either. i was waiting for the three business days, spoke to ebay on the phone they confirmed they would force the seller to pay return shipping once 3 business days were up if he did nothing.  just today he offered me a $45 partial refund.  he still refused to admit that the shoes were worn (big ego), while telling me "I don't want to deal with this i'm going on vacation. I'd rather not argue with you so i'll offer a $45 refund".  

seller only had 5 previous sales though. shoes also had  a creased toebox and a smell to them. normally I'd let that stuff slide since i have bought hardens and other shoes before where they seem to crease or smell weird even without being worn.  but the faded away insoles gave it away.  this seller also accused me of "harassing" him because of the case I opened up/the messages I sent.  Normally I haven't had issues with low feedback sellers this was the second one in the last 4 years.  

He had em as new with box I wouldn't have paid $100 for these if they were used.  thats not buyers remorse.  this seller was trying to lie and manipulate even when caught red handed which motivated me even more to screw him as hard as possible 

$55 a decent price for those though? retail is $160, I originally paid $100. 

It's a fair price, but your intention was not to buy used shoes. If you want your money back eBay will issue you a full refund, you just have to file a claim.

It's a fair price, but your intention was not to buy used shoes. If you want your money back eBay will issue you a full refund, you just have to file a claim.
I called them wednesday night. I have to wait until july 3rd to have ebay step in. what do you mean by filing a claim? I thought they would simply force the seller to accept my return and have him pay return shipping.  which method would cost him the most? this $45 refund or having him accept the return (return shipping alone is $20)

lol the seller just had 2 other negative feedbacks within the last day. same thing. selling used shoes as new.

I called them wednesday night. I have to wait until july 3rd to have ebay step in. what do you mean by filing a claim? I thought they would simply force the seller to accept my return and have him pay return shipping.  which method would cost him the most? this $45 refund or having him accept the return (return shipping alone is $20)

I believe filling a claim is the same as calling. Filling a claim involves typing what was wrong with the transaction and adding the pics. eBay still takes time to review the case and will rule in the favor of whoever's right. They'll send you a shipping label and defund your money.

I saw Red brick road, Tts and another pair I can't remember for $120 at my local HoH. South Florida

Even if they did though the originals would still be marked and worth more than retros? Also the retro releases could use lower quality materials than the OGs.
But you don't think a DS pair of lebron 11s, 12s, 14s, even 13s, will be worth a good amount of money 10-14 years from now? Stock will have dried up by then significantly with people wearing their shoes over time. Plus the better lebron becomes as a player the more his shoes could potentially be worth down the line I feel.. 

10-15 years from now, YOU may not be interested in sneakers and your sneakers will be cracked, yellowed or crumbled. Buy what you like right now, wear your shoes and don't over think anything.

Look at Jordan brand and the sheer number of retro product they are churning out - you think the cats gobbling up the (mediocre) Jordan product care about OG sneakers? It's only a few collector types with significant disposable income that will pay a premium for an original product. I think these same collectors have already jumped on the Lebron bandwagon and will already have pairs in their possession.

for people that ask about lace locks, keepmefresh on ebay is doing roaring lace locks buy 2 get 1 free, these are the deals that i use to have all my lebrons in lace locks

Lebrons would be a good investment if you paid the right price for them. Otherwise, they won't be.

Back
Top Bottom