The Official Nike React LW WR Mid ISPA Thread...

Nike, like most footwear brands, pours the majority of its design resources into performance product rather than lifestyle sneakers, but a new line from the Swoosh promises to blend both worlds with forward-thinking shoes built for everyday wear.

The brand unveiled today what it's calling ISPA, which is short for Improvise/Scavenge/Protect/Adapt. By using Nike's latest technologies and methods, the ISPA line approaches lifestyle sneakers with the same attention to detail and careful execution that one would expect from Nike's top-of-the-line running shoes, for instance. The line is led by designers Shamees Aden, Nate Jobe, and Darryl Matthews.

"From the outset we thought, ‘These shoes will be defined by the problem we're trying to solve.’ That's become the reoccurring theme," Jobe said. "We are able to draw from the best of Nike—all the new innovations, like React cushioning, and beautiful technical fabrics and materials—to answer for what we saw people were lacking."

The first manifestation of ISPA is the React LW WR Mid ISPA, a shoe that combines the popular React 87 midsole with an all-new, water-resistant upper with the intention of creating a shoe that can adapt to the ever-changing elements of everyday life.

"The upper is engineered to the exact specifications of an internal waterproof liner that you would commonly find in-between the lining and upper of a waterproof ACG hiking boot," Matthews said. "We also made sure the pattern heights and method of make were correct in what constitutes as a fully waterproof product — for this shoe that’s where the element of protect really shines."

The Nike React LW WR Mid ISPA will debut Wednesday, Nov. 21. Pricing information has not yet been revealed.

I was a huge fan & early adapter of nike's react element 87, i'm extremely excited about these also ...i love the comfort of the shoe, the various materials used & really looking forward to the colorways. i love my classics & og's, but new tech in sneakers is far & few inbetween these days, so i've been looking forward to see how they use the react cushioning next.

nike-ispa-tech-sheet.jpg

nike-react-lw-wr-mid-ispa-black (1).jpg
nike-react-lw-wr-mid-ispa-black-2.jpg
nike-react-lw-wr-mid-ispa-white.jpg

This is great that there is barely any hype. Hope for an easy cop. Going for all CWs without guilt. I love mid/high top shoes, love element 87, love how this more about functionality, but still got style. These are going to be my beaters until summer.

those look great and i’d love to grab a pair. probably the third/blue pair. interesting to see the bottom though because something a little grippier for a waterproof shoe makes better sense.

heeeeey the thread picked up, lol ... good to see people as interested in these as i am, i also want that hat also...

Is that red or orange on the blacks?? Early pics looked RED, but recent pics look Orange...

Man...black pair is more practical for everyday use but those white ones look better IMO. Decisions decisions

Damn $180????

These joints dont even have an airbag, most react models going for $80-150 right now.

Nike really tryna capitlize on that 87 hype, im cool on overpaying for these.

Maybe if they go on sale hit the 120-40 range, if not yall can overpay just like the first 87’s that dropped. Joints arent even holding up quality wise

Dang, you sound too mad bro. Imma let you know how they are when I cop. I definitely think this will have better durability than the 87s especially when they are comparing this to ACG.

heeeeey the thread picked up, lol ... good to see people as interested in these as i am, i also want that hat also...

Yoink, I'm popping in! Reading the info, I'm intrigued. The black/red looks great, and I love me some water-resistant shoes. If it's $180, no problem! My Vapormax Utilities were $190, so ****...

i couldn’t wait for the us drop so i grabbed the white pair from sns with the expensive shipping. headed to japan next month so these will be my walking around shoes. they seem to be selling pretty well from the few sites i checked.
0A17E812-40C6-4C33-9C48-AE6972D53B18.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom