The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

snuks5:
anhuynh16:
Nike Kobe VII "Black History Month" Live Pics!
via 21Mercer

ATCQ Kobe's 
pimp.gif

a_tribe_called_quest_the_lo.jpg

Brought it BACK with that one!
smokin.gif
"Give me this award, and let's not make it the last."

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

EDIT: wrong window
embarassed.gif

EDIT: let me say this though, the BHMs are looking different in a good way. RETURN OF THE DRAGON?
Nike knows what buttons to push...
indifferent.gif

how are those in any way related to bruce lee or the movie?

746_view.jpg

return-of-the-dragon-movie-poster-1972-1020482993.jpg

Nice connection bro. 
happy.gif

Now I have a back up plan if ever I dont get the Big Bangs

Originally Posted by earvinkobe24

EDIT: wrong window
embarassed.gif

EDIT: let me say this though, the BHMs are looking different in a good way. RETURN OF THE DRAGON?
Nike knows what buttons to push...
indifferent.gif

how are those in any way related to bruce lee or the movie?

746_view.jpg

return-of-the-dragon-movie-poster-1972-1020482993.jpg

Nice connection bro. 
happy.gif

Now I have a back up plan if ever I dont get the Big Bangs
Maybe I'm understanding kobeoverbron wrong, but I think he's trying to say that there is no connection, not trying to make one.

Personally I don't think there will be a "Bruce Lee" VII this year, and the guy behind that Nike Vault tweet is just making a play on words. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing a BL VII (if they even exist), but if those are coming out in March, then when would the YOTDs be coming out? I think all they're doing is spacing the YOTD releases out by having the AF1s this January, KDs early Feb, Jordan 2012s maybe mid/late Feb or March (just a guess), and then the Kobes in March. A Bruce Lee colorway also wouldn't really fit their whole "Predator Pack" animal thing.

yeah, no connection. not even the poster matches the CW...
The guy behind the Tweet is probably just making a stir.
still not feeling a lot of these CWs coming out...

Del Sols look the best still.

^
that's a good way of looking at it. that makes perfect sense.
but why call it "Return of the Dragon"?
that put so much more into the shoe when the truth is, there's
very little you can connect to the man himself/movie.

the bruce lee's were game of death inspired- spot on.
Nike should just go with year of the dragon. it will sell anyway.

Originally Posted by Caesar Blaximus Prime

Bruce Lee was called the dragon because he was born in the year of the dragon. You can go and see for yourselves @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_lee also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_(zodiac) . Hope that clears things up. I will be buying the shoes if I can get my hands on em'. 
I know about the Dragon connection to Bruce Lee, but just personally, nothing about the YOTD colorway really screams "Bruce Lee shoe" to me minus the dragon logo on the back, at least initially. With the Kobe V Bruce Lee, you could tell immediately from the colorway that it was directly inspired by his yellow/black jumpsuit in Game of Death and the red claw marks were directly inspired by Enter the Dragon. Those Vs were a true Bruce Lee shoe to me.
That said...thinking about it a little more, I might have to take back what I said about doubting a Bruce Lee shoe. I can actually see them spinning Bruce Lee into the YOTD colorway by saying the fight scene from Way of the Dragon (AKA "Return of the Dragon") between him and Chuck Norris was set in the Colosseum in Rome, Italy (lot of that movie was filmed there). It's already been said that the inspiration for the colors used for the YOTD colorway come directly from the Italian flag and Kobe's love for Chinese kung fu & kung fu movies filmed in the country:

Kobe Bryant appreciates Chinese culture, in particular Chinese Kung Fu. The quest for agility and speed has been integrated into his own athletic art. Drawing inspiration from Kobe’s Italian root and Kung Fu movies filmed in that country, the design team rendered NIKE KOBE VII SYSTEM SUPREME with the signature tri-color of Italy. NIKE KOBE VII SYSTEM SUPREME comes with a cushion printed with Kobe’s exclusive golden Logo, a statement of invincibility. The matrix design on the upper is a special code, spelling the message for Kobe. With his signature and an animated dragon pattern on the counter, this design is impeccable for the Chinese new year.)

(http://sneakernews.com/20...-the-dragon-collection/)

Boom...Bruce Lee connection & Nike's probably just starting to milk that by mentioning "Return of the Dragon" in that little tweet. 
laugh.gif

And yes, I'm kind of a Bruce Lee fan lol

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Originally Posted by maronandlando

Originally Posted by yuku lightheart 2kxx

ay....

george81

please tell me you plan on copping the galaxy's

why?

thinking of copping.

need to raise funds.

btw,

Kobe VII "Shark" - Glowing Rear End by georgekb81, on Flickr

been wanting to shoot like this ever since I saw the heel cup of the VII

Nice shot. Just a suggestion/request however you wanna interpret it. Take another pic but with the glowing heel on the dark side. thanks

I get what you mean, will try that.

thanks btw!

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Bruce Lee was called the dragon because he was born in the year of the dragon. You can go and see for yourselves @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_lee also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_(zodiac) . Hope that clears things up. I will be buying the shoes if I can get my hands on em'. 
I know about the Dragon connection to Bruce Lee, but just personally, nothing about the YOTD colorway really screams "Bruce Lee shoe" to me minus the dragon logo on the back, at least initially. With the Kobe V Bruce Lee, you could tell immediately from the colorway that it was directly inspired by his yellow/black jumpsuit in Game of Death and the red claw marks were directly inspired by Enter the Dragon. Those Vs were a true Bruce Lee shoe to me.
That said...thinking about it a little more, I might have to take back what I said about doubting a Bruce Lee shoe. I can actually see them spinning Bruce Lee into the YOTD colorway by saying the fight scene from Way of the Dragon (AKA "Return of the Dragon") between him and Chuck Norris was set in the Colosseum in Rome, Italy (lot of that movie was filmed there). It's already been said that the inspiration for the colors used for the YOTD colorway come directly from the Italian flag and Kobe's love for Chinese kung fu & kung fu movies filmed in the country:

Kobe Bryant appreciates Chinese culture, in particular Chinese Kung Fu. The quest for agility and speed has been integrated into his own athletic art. Drawing inspiration from Kobe’s Italian root and Kung Fu movies filmed in that country, the design team rendered NIKE KOBE VII SYSTEM SUPREME with the signature tri-color of Italy. NIKE KOBE VII SYSTEM SUPREME comes with a cushion printed with Kobe’s exclusive golden Logo, a statement of invincibility. The matrix design on the upper is a special code, spelling the message for Kobe. With his signature and an animated dragon pattern on the counter, this design is impeccable for the Chinese new year.)

(http://sneakernews.com/20...-the-dragon-collection/)

Boom...Bruce Lee connection & Nike's probably just starting to milk that by mentioning "Return of the Dragon" in that little tweet. 
laugh.gif

And yes, I'm kind of a Bruce Lee fan lol
yes. but that connection you gave is trying a bit hard.
I can then make the same case with the blackouts: bruce lee wore black in Enter the Dragon and black is seen on the blackout pair.
I'm not trying to make fun or what I'm just saying that it's just too... off. trying too hard in Nike's part.

I bet they didn't really plan that Bruce Lee thing. There's no identifying mark really.

If Nike explains this, it could make sense but for now they're not the Bruce Lees for me.
laugh.gif

I really think there is NO connection to Bruce Lee at all with the ROTDs.......People are just reaching & will give hype beast & resellers even more fuel to fire.

Originally Posted by Gr3yFox23

I really think there is NO connection to Bruce Lee at all with the ROTDs.......People are just reaching & will give hype beast & resellers even more fuel to fire.

I think it has something to do with Bruce Lee. That's why Kobe made the Bruce Lee 5. Now with the 7 being return of the dragon is no coincidence. I'm sure we'll find out later what the color blocking is. Maybe from a certain point in the movie but I wouldn't think that it had 0 connection to Bruce Lee.

I think it's the same cw. Maybe it might be of an outfit Bruce wore in the movie similar to how the 5's were the outfit Bruce lee wore when fighting Jabbar and not the actual movie cover. I dunno but time shall tell

Ok cause you said in your last post, "we'll find out later what the color blocking is", so I thought it was a new colorway to drop in march.

I know Kobe will be in the Bruce Lee documentary "I am Bruce Lee" the film will be in theaters Feb 9th I believe.

You guys gonna have resellers call them Bruce Lees and make the prices skyrocket. You think if there was a new colorway that's coming out in March, we would've seen something by now? Just because one person tweeted a new name for the same shoe, you guys make a big deal about it. You guys been around for awhile and should know this..I disappointed. Carry on if you want to solve this "mystery".

Originally Posted by Wayne141

yes. but that connection you gave is trying a bit hard.
I can then make the same case with the blackouts: bruce lee wore black in Enter the Dragon and black is seen on the blackout pair.
I'm not trying to make fun or what I'm just saying that it's just too... off. trying too hard in Nike's part.

I bet they didn't really plan that Bruce Lee thing. There's no identifying mark really.

If Nike explains this, it could make sense but for now they're not the Bruce Lees for me.
laugh.gif

The whole Italian flag/kung fu movies inspiration for the YOTD VIIs was the official explanation given by Nike to explain the YOTD VII colorway when they dropped official pics/info of the YOTD set, not me 
laugh.gif
 I just copied and pasted the explanation from that sneakernews link (http://sneakernews.com/20...the-dragon-collection/), never said it was a good explanation. All I'm doing is putting 2 and 2 together by saying there was a Bruce Lee movie that was filmed in Italy, and I'm sure there were other kung fu movies filmed there too.

Either way, I agree the Vs were more of a true "Bruce Lee" shoe, like I said in my earlier post. Red/Green/Yellow never makes me think Bruce Lee 
laugh.gif

And I doubt there is a new colorway coming up. The Vault was just tweeting about the YOTDs (red/green/yellow) but maybe playing up the inspiration behind the colorway.

BHMs are ok gi guess, the pattern reminds me of the Air raid midsole...would be dope if they released a pair with the Air Raid pattern

Kicks -crew has the big bangs release date as 2-15-12, is that for the US also? Really like the sharks but I want these first.

Anyone know if the sharks or wolf will release in Canada? Really interested in the whole predator pack

If it didn't have the Tribe Called Quest artwork on the upper and BHM logo on the tongue was on the heel cup and put back the shozoku logo I'd consider.

Back
Top Bottom