The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

More pics. They look nice but not $200 nice considering they are gonna have the exact same performance problems.

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-elite-black-gold-8.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-elite-black-gold-9.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-elite-black-gold-2.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-elite-black-gold-1.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-elite-black-gold-5.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-elite-black-gold-4.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-elite-black-gold-3.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-elite-black-gold-6.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-elite-black-gold-7.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-elite-black-gold-10.jpg

Originally Posted by DFABIX

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Originally Posted by adub beta

so many NBA players on the other teams beside the Lakers wear the Kobe VII ids, you can't say the same about Lebron.
I honestly don't get this.  I have the 4s,5s,6s, and now the 7s(galaxy just came in this AM, had to get rid of Cheetahs because they fit awfully), and to me the 7s are the worst of the 4 from a fit standpoint.  They are exceptionally narrow and I don't have extremely wide feet- the others are snug but not painful- these 7s I went with my usual 11.5 for Kobes and they are ridiculously awful.  I wouldn't even venture out on the court with them.  Wondering if this is unique to me or if others of you have similar experience with these.  Sure, I could go up to size 12 or even 12.5 for more width, but I fear I would be stumbling over myself.  11.5 is right length, but something about the insole, tongue and midfoot width makes these just an awful fit for me.

Please feel free to chime in or suggest what I might be doing wrong.  I lace up all the way or second to last BTW.
This is actually exactly why I don't own 1 pair of VII's yet.
I tried them on 2 separate occasions and both times it squeezed the mid-part of my foot so hard that it was hindering my walk.
I heard from a few reliable sources that they do break in with some usage, but am I supposed to be hurting after play for a few weeks just to get them comfy?
I also lace up all the way and I rarely wear the shoes for casual wear (strictly for bball).
The half size I went up had zero significant difference on the narrowness of the shoe.

I tried on the sharks & the blk/del sol.
...maybe others who play regularly in them can chime in and combat my nonsense.
YEAH they hurt my feet as well esp my left one.  It's weird cuz the All Star pair felt better than my Cloaks but still hurt.  I guess it could take some breaking in but it's becuz of that interchangable insole that makes the shoe more bulkier than it is.  If they made the insole like the 4, 5, 6s then we would be fine but since it's higher inside the insole you feel the pain no matter if you go up .5 a sz.  I need to try that sleeve play whatever insole on the cheetahs.  Maybe it's more lower than the other one.  Yup they def don't feel better than the Kobe 4, 5, 6.  I then wore my LBJ 9s and they felt so good no pain.

Originally Posted by GhettoPreacher7

Originally Posted by tonjappr

I got my pair of Dukes on Tuesday and wore them that night. They felt decent at first but by the end of the night I had mad blisters on my right arch. I played again in them last night and it felt even worse. Dont really know why they are making my arches blister up but it is a big disappointment. 

slippage?

It did not feel like it was slipping while I was playing. They felt snug but my arch was rubbing on something but I cant figure out what unless it is the stitching on the sole lining. 
This is a common problem because of the insole. Have you tried taping you ankles/foot? Should prevent the blistering and also allow you to break them in. I've heard once they're broken in the insole rubber on the side gets a lot softer and no longer blisters your foot.

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

These def are snug in the midfoot. Thats why I say they fit like the V just a little longer when people ask. People keep saying the VI, but the VI was actually roomy TTS, and personally I felt I could even half sz down with them.
I actually had to go half size down in the VI's.
I bought a pair of grinches and when I played in them, my foot was moving too much.
I dropped a half size and booyaka! golden!...
I was half size bigger in the IV's and V's though.....

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

slippage?

It did not feel like it was slipping while I was playing. They felt snug but my arch was rubbing on something but I cant figure out what unless it is the stitching on the sole lining. 
This is a common problem because of the insole. Have you tried taping you ankles/foot? Should prevent the blistering and also allow you to break them in. I've heard once they're broken in the insole rubber on the side gets a lot softer and no longer blisters your foot.
That is a great idea. I will try that when I play Saturday. My right arch is a huge blister right now so as long as I can get past the "breaking in" stage I am sure I will be fine. 

I got my pair of Dukes on Tuesday and wore them that night. They felt decent at first but by the end of the night I had mad blisters on my right arch. I played again in them last night and it felt even worse. Dont really know why they are making my arches blister up but it is a big disappointment. 
e9d364ae634b4338f3743da40ca26c0d2c9131a2_r.jpg

slippage?

i used to get that in the flightclubs.  it felt like one shoe had like extra material in the arch or something.  and it happened in the left shoe of every pair i tried..  maybe take a look at the insoles?

I think alot of the rubbing problems come from the insert lips being too high, they need to be more like Jordan 2011, 2012 inserts

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-elite-black-gold-10.jpg

jordan-2012-insoles.jpg

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

These def are snug in the midfoot. Thats why I say they fit like the V just a little longer when people ask. People keep saying the VI, but the VI was actually roomy TTS, and personally I felt I could even half sz down with them.
I actually had to go half size down in the VI's.
I bought a pair of grinches and when I played in them, my foot was moving too much.
I dropped a half size and booyaka! golden!...
I was half size bigger in the IV's and V's though.....

Exactly.  I never actually tried a 10 in the vi, but I felt like I could do it. I tried a 10 when the iv first came out and it was way too tight, 10.5 is perfect. The vii fits nothing like the vi imo. 

VII's fit like the V's IMO, however I just wear them casually. They have to be broken in I've worn my concords about 5 times and they feel great.

Footlocker Employee let me see the Dukes and I can use the bday coupon when I get them tomorrow , Schweeet!

I would've prefer a gum sole on the Elites rather than another clear sole.

Originally Posted by KB24strikesagain

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I honestly don't get this.  I have the 4s,5s,6s, and now the 7s(galaxy just came in this AM, had to get rid of Cheetahs because they fit awfully), and to me the 7s are the worst of the 4 from a fit standpoint.  They are exceptionally narrow and I don't have extremely wide feet- the others are snug but not painful- these 7s I went with my usual 11.5 for Kobes and they are ridiculously awful.  I wouldn't even venture out on the court with them.  Wondering if this is unique to me or if others of you have similar experience with these.  Sure, I could go up to size 12 or even 12.5 for more width, but I fear I would be stumbling over myself.  11.5 is right length, but something about the insole, tongue and midfoot width makes these just an awful fit for me.

Please feel free to chime in or suggest what I might be doing wrong.  I lace up all the way or second to last BTW.
This is actually exactly why I don't own 1 pair of VII's yet.
I tried them on 2 separate occasions and both times it squeezed the mid-part of my foot so hard that it was hindering my walk.
I heard from a few reliable sources that they do break in with some usage, but am I supposed to be hurting after play for a few weeks just to get them comfy?
I also lace up all the way and I rarely wear the shoes for casual wear (strictly for bball).
The half size I went up had zero significant difference on the narrowness of the shoe.

I tried on the sharks & the blk/del sol.
...maybe others who play regularly in them can chime in and combat my nonsense.

They definitely are a lot more snug around the mid-foot area and you can feel some pressure being against your feet.  So there is a lot of truth to that.

I Honestly Agree this 7s are a pain...
But a guy told me a trick while camping out for the AJ 2012 YOTD... try loosening the bottom lace holes just a bit, then just go normal on the rest.. 

I hope this works for you guys.. 
happy.gif

There's definitely something wrong with the shoe.. I recommend if you have wide feet go a full size up or at least try them on...

Not feeling those Dukes. On to the Wolf. The Team Jacob was a complete joke that popped up a few pages back, relax folks.

If you double sock or use some elite socks you wont blister. I had a bad prob blistering until i doubled up on my socks

Originally Posted by IsTaYrOcKInJs

If you double sock or use some elite socks you wont blister. I had a bad prob blistering until i doubled up on my socks
I just don't understand how doubling up on the socks or even wearing elite socks how you can feel comfortable in the shoe when it is already so snug.
I realize everyone is different though.

As for the loosening up the bottom lace holes as mentioned above, I take the laces completely out before I wear each shoe (even while just trying them on) and make sure that my feet feel okay first.
Even without laces in them, my mid-foot was being squished.

just my experience.....nice looking cw's though.

Just tried on a pair of my ds V and compared them to my ds vii and to me, the vii fit more comfortable out the box than the V. Both are snug in the midfoot at first, but the V loosens up after a few wears, so if the vii loosens up too theyll be amazing.

Just left FTL and manager said there's a grey and orange "cheetah" cw dropping along side the Wolfe on the 16th. They didn't have them in but he showed me the launch list and it was there. Anyone have any pics or heard of them yet?

the offical performance review of the kobe vii is out. This is the first model to be graded lower than an A.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Just left FTL and manager said there's a grey and orange "cheetah" cw dropping along side the Wolfe on the 16th. They didn't have them in but he showed me the launch list and it was there. Anyone have any pics or heard of them yet?

They're probably thinking the Wolf Grey

Back
Top Bottom