The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by deftronix

Originally Posted by DFABIX

Originally Posted by IsTaYrOcKInJs

If you double sock or use some elite socks you wont blister. I had a bad prob blistering until i doubled up on my socks
I just don't understand how doubling up on the socks or even wearing elite socks how you can feel comfortable in the shoe when it is already so snug.
I realize everyone is different though.

As for the loosening up the bottom lace holes as mentioned above, I take the laces completely out before I wear each shoe (even while just trying them on) and make sure that my feet feel okay first.
Even without laces in them, my mid-foot was being squished.

just my experience.....nice looking cw's though.

From what I've experienced these break in well.  At first they were a bit uncomfortable with just one pair of elites and snug as hell but they've loosened up quite a bit.  I was able to go to double socking and haven't had any problems since.  As long as you arent tieing them too tight which is easy to do, especially in the first couple eyelets.  I didn't size up from the VIs and I have wide feet.  

Oh and now that I've broken in the play fast insole, these are butter, good bye to the play strongs. Waiting on the elites, looks to have a bit thicker padding on the tongue which is definately lacking in the normal version.

Don't knock the shoe til you break it in, walking around casually isn't going to do it.
laugh.gif

Edit:
DFABIX - it sounds like you may need to size up, do you atleast leave a little room in the toes when sizing?

yea the midfoot is tight no doubt.......... when you first get the shoe. 
but it does break in nicely. i couldve went my true size, but i had to go half size up, cause i had no choice lol. but usually i dont mind cause i have a wide feet, but if i did get my true size (which i did end up with the cloaks) its fine either way.

i was knocking the shoe too when i first wore it, but its good after a few wears imo.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by Joulze

I wear a size 9 and I plan on getting the Mint Poison Dart Frogs for my first pair of Kobe VII shoes and I was wondering if I should go up to a size 9.5 in the shoe because I was reading reviews on Nike.com and they said the shoe runs small/narrow. Any suggestions?

i wore 11.5 in zk5

i wore 11.0 in zk6

if i buy a pair of zk7, it will be 11.5. they fit like the zk5 imo. when i tried on 11 it was tight and uncomfortable. 

i don't even have wide feet.. 
co-sign.  I can't even bring myself to break in my 7s, because they are that uncomfortable.  If i wear a very thin no show sock and loosen them they are tolerable to just chill casually- oh well- guess the 5s and 6s are gonna get more work.    Truthfully, the 5s don't even feel nearly this uncomfortable on first/initial wear.

OK cool Thanks!

Side note about Nike MOA(probably any Nike Store): Never knew that any time you buy something there, there's a survey at the bottom of the receipt, and you get a $5 gift card for doing it. Just did one, took 2 minutes. 
pimp.gif

This years Dukies are an easy pass. Just know they are going to hit outlets, like the Vi's. Also finally got my Galaxies from NDC. Now if only we had some half decent weather in Chi to rock them....

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

For anyone in the MN area, I returned my pair of Kobe Galaxies Size 14 to the Nike MOA. The insole on the right shoe had an air bubble between the toes and the ball of my foot, and since they're sold out they obviously couldn't exchange, or get a galaxy attack-fast insert.
Had em up on eBay when they were shipped to me and pulled em down cuz I just couldn't sell a pair with a defect to somebody.

If you go there and ask for it, and happen to know how to get an insert, go get em! Only time you'll be able to get em for $140!

Side note about Nike MOA(probably any Nike Store): Never knew that any time you buy something there, there's a survey at the bottom of the receipt, and you get a $5 gift card for doing it. Just did one, took 2 minutes. 
pimp.gif

All u had to do is peel the insole off a bit and put it back...

LOL, if the people with the bubble in the insole took 2 mins to search this thread it's been posted a bunch how to fix that.

Yeah the red laces is a decent look, but black looks better. Not much invisibility with the red laces, lol.

the white heel cup on the Duke's looks niiiice! white heel cups always look the best. (chaos VI)

You guys will end up getting the Dukes when they hit outlets lol. I was going to get the Del Sols when they go on sale but I was iffy about the white mesh underlay, I got the Dukes instead. Might as well get it now since the bday coupon was accepted. The blue mesh underlay is much better and it shows off the white flywire. Besides I slept on the Duke V and skipped the VI, so I need a Duke colorway and the VII is perfect to my liking. Eastbay blog shows the sample Duke with blue heel counter and tongue. I'm glad the final release didn't look like that or else i'd pass.

6803719196_d887b4295a_z.jpg

6949835193_b4c3ed1c5b_z.jpg

I'm going to double on the delsol and the concord once they drop in price down to 129. Underrated colors

Pass on the Wolf. Grey is too light and not enough orange and black. Bring on the black/gold Elites.

Back
Top Bottom