The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

those elites with purple swoosh looks really nice to me ^_^ wonder if nike will release that colorway also
happy.gif

So as I understand it, kobe and lebron won't wear the gold elites until they reach the finals? Seems like a real marketing blunder to me. If they don't reach it, nike's stuck trying to shift a star player's shoe that he never wore

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by onlitwo

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

It's not Nike. Those are the NBA rules.

how so? NBA doesn't let players wear Gold until they get to the Finals???

I believe it doesn't conform to the NBA uniform rule. It is because of the NBA though, not Nike.
Since when does nike care about nba rules?

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

So as I understand it, kobe and lebron won't wear the gold elites until they reach the finals? Seems like a real marketing blunder to me. If they don't reach it, nike's stuck trying to shift a star player's shoe that he never wore

Yeah because I seriously doubt the NBA really has a rule against gold. I think Nike is just trying to be cute. Remember these and it wasnt the NBA Finals when he wore them

air-jordan-xi-11-ray-allen-player-exclusive-1.jpg

11s.jpg

lebron wore his elites on saturday

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Yeah because I seriously doubt the NBA really has a rule against gold. I think Nike is just trying to be cute. Remember these and it wasnt the NBA Finals when he wore them

air-jordan-xi-11-ray-allen-player-exclusive-1.jpg

11s.jpg
Ray Allen wore those the night that he broke the all time 3-point record. Obviously, the NBA is going to allow it for a special occasion like that. It also matches those uniforms.

Originally Posted by LA KB24

lebron wore his elites on saturday
Yeah, but in a white/red PE colorway...similar to how Kobe's were white/purple.

The difference is that the Home and Away Elites don't have any Laker colors in them at all, while those Away Gradient IV's and Ray Allen XI PE's both matched the jerseys some what. That's what I'm thinking.

If those PE colors came out in the regular VII, comments would be "easy pass" "Nike killing this line with these weak %+%%". Funny. They're clean but spending $200 even $140 on those I think not. Sometimes I wanna punch you guys to set y'all back into reality.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LA KB24

so it looks like nike scratched off the volts...
30t6p3b.gif

these pics of the samples

2iqeet.png

24y2vy8.png
Just saw the article on the "other site" 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Done with the Kobe' VII's now...

Originally Posted by casper90403

Originally Posted by ppeter

elite owners...are these true to size? thank you.
it fits the same as the other VII's for me, maybe SLIGHTLY more snug around the ankles. I could go up a full size and half in VII's (from Jordans) and still feel good. I have wide feet though.

I wear 10.5 in J's, 11 in LBJ IX, and 11/11.5/and even 12 in Kobe VII's.

me too...I have a wide foot, I have gone full size up on all of my 7s.  They're pretty broken in and they're still a little snug.

Those weak PE's are trash. If you're feeling them that much, go make some all white ID's with a purple swoosh, which of corse you won't. Hypebeasts just wanting what they can't have.

I'm glad Nike cancelled the Volts if they were going to release with that stupid grey sole.

I'm sick of this #@+$!

I can't believe Nike smh

i KNEW they were gonna scrap the volts, just had a feelin.

well, nike has @#$%'d me over on the volts and YOTD's. really wanted those YOTD's too.

the VII's are a dope shoe but they dropped the ball on colorways somethin crazy. makes no sense, especially after the treatment the VI's got. Why take steps backwards?

copped the away elites, cloaks, and ASG's. will cop the sharks on sale, hopefully i can do the same with the home elites. and that'll be it for these. maybe an ID or somethin too...

Couldnt care less they scraped the volts. Didnt like them to begin with. Does suck for everyone else though cause I know alot of you like them.

Back
Top Bottom