The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

YOTD is not bad but i dont get why you guys love it so much. its practically a red and green cw with bad color blocking .... nothing really special about it......

Originally Posted by geoff2005

YOTD is not bad but i dont get why you guys love it so much. its practically a red and green cw with bad color blocking .... nothing really special about it......

maybe cause it's limited release? 
eyes.gif

saw the USA'S in person at the HOH, loving them. 3 weeks i might cop

also saw the kobe USA jersey their, love the navy one but man nike wants $120 for the jerseys

Originally Posted by jst628

USA's are dope, hope to cop for the low at the outlets late summer.
I got them for 115.. I can handle that. They def look better on foot than in stock pics though.

All this talk about them dropping the ball this year and the VII is trash because lack of colorway and everything..
When the V and VI came out... damn near everyone was complaining about all the colorways, saying they were whoring the shoes and that they're were too many bright and kiddie colorways
Now people saying the opposite.. make your mind up

Originally Posted by LA KB24

saw the USA'S in person at the HOH, loving them. 3 weeks i might cop

also saw the kobe USA jersey their, love the navy one but man nike wants $120 for the jerseys

All this talk about people seeing USA jerseys, but no pics...I am calling bluff, till I see some of these pics!

this.  the only cool thing about the YOTD is the dragon on the heel.  the green doesn't go with them at all.

Originally Posted by LA KB24

^^115 how? i plan to use the bday coupon but should come out 125 around their, i think lol

Deadstockshoes.com- they're always under retail.. their prices are unreal
glasses.gif

and it would be nice if dude could help out where you copped YOTD's for retail..smh
tired.gif

Originally Posted by peks03

this.  the only cool thing about the YOTD is the dragon on the heel.  the green doesn't go with them at all.

I agree that's the only thing I like about the shoe.

Originally Posted by Freeze

Originally Posted by BlackMomo

i wonder what the 8s are going to look like. Should be special since kobe used to wear #8.

pfftt knowing nike, they're probably be sandals.
or even better, hyperdunks, 8s would be heading in the right direction if they are anything like the elites

i dont know about you but ill cop some yotd for retail any day over all other colorways. hook it up with the info fam

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by sniper

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

wow this post is crazy nerdy bro.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

How did you know about the chemical composition though? Does that explain why the KD4s glow brighter?
Haha! Undergrad & medical school, bro. You truly learn a lot of random crap...
As for knowing the compositions, I just deduced the hues of the soles themselves. Strontium aluminate gives off green & aqua hues while products containing zinc sulfide are usually diluted with other substances to be more cost effective. That's why you can place all three in the sun for the exact amount of time and the KDs will out-glow and outlast the other two...

Spoiler [+]
themoreyouknow.jpg
laugh.gif
I definitely appreciate the scientific breakdown. Now the question is why would Nike do that? Shouldn't they have made it all the same type so it can flow brighter?
I think it has to do with what the outsoles are composed of between the three signature shoes as opposed to Nike just favoring the KDs. In all honesty, I really think all outsoles have an XDR outsole despite it being confirmed only on the YOTDs and an iD option as I feel and see no noticeable difference in both an indoor or outdoor setting...

Originally Posted by wrxtreme

Originally Posted by ryanang7

Sorry if this has been covered a lot already, new to to the kobe forum, has anyone heard about a rescheduled drop for the yotd colorway? Or is this one truly cancelled?
The YOTD's were an Overseas exclusive and they released already.
I think he meant to ask if these are cancelled for US release.

Originally Posted by Jewelzm3

Originally Posted by peks03

I agree that's the only thing I like about the shoe.

Yea the yotd don't appeal to me at all, don't really see anything special about them either. I can usually appreciate a colorway and not like it, but not in this case.

overseas...hong kong....yahoo.com.hk auctions...got lucky...its like craigslist in HK...gotta have my friend meet up with the seller

Back
Top Bottom