The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Can you guys see the difference or am I going crazy? The top one is like granny and the bottom one is more clean .. not that it matters, because they arent as clean as I like them. However, I want to make sure Im not going crazy!
Are you using LR to edit? I found that bumping up the sharpness in LR actually also bumps up the grain in my images but LR can easily eat up the grain back for you as well.

Vote for #2 with less noise for me for sure...

In Photoshop, they have a noise reduction filter. It really only apparent in long exposures or photos with tons of color gradients. I have been using it as well. I'll just use noise reduction and after, sharpen it again. It's kind of redundant cause noise reduction has a sharpness slider but I still do it anyways.

In Photoshop, they have a noise reduction filter. It really only apparent in long exposures or photos with tons of color gradients. I have been using it as well. I'll just use noise reduction and after, sharpen it again. It's kind of redundant cause noise reduction has a sharpness slider but I still do it anyways.
LR is the same way. The 2 sliders are actually next to each other. Slide the sharpness up and you get more noise so you end up sliding the noise reduction up but you lose some sharpness.

It's like chasing your own tail sometimes when trying to find the perfect balance of sharpness and the least amount of noise. LOL

LR is the same way. The 2 sliders are actually next to each other. Slide the sharpness up and you get more noise so you end up sliding the noise reduction up but you lose some sharpness.

It's like chasing your own tail sometimes when trying to find the perfect balance of sharpness and the least amount of noise. LOL
Exactly - After you use Noise Reduction - the detail in the images really take a hit .... 

But I used LR, maybe that's the reason ......

Im going to use Photoshop next time!

Also to do my daily contribution ....

Pont de Alexandre Bridge over looking the Eiffel Tower

Museum de Orsay 

Porte Da Saint-Denis

been too long since i contributed to this thread. photo dump from my trip to NY

brother took my out flying

around the city/central park

a couple from moma

feedback welcome

Few recent randoms of friends cars and what not. I'd suggest getting a 6D if given the option between the 5D2 and the 6D solely on the fact that the 6D has the same sensor as a 5D Mark 3. Everything else is pretty much the same, except the 6D uses SD cards and doesn't have a joystick.

Think these two are a 6D with a 135L.

Nice shots. When you say everything is the same are you referring to the MK ii or MK iii?

I'm going to try and do some shooting this weekend ..... I hope I get what I want and do not overload the thread. lol

Have a chance to pick up a barely used 10-22 for $485. So tempted.

How come you guys don't want to get the Tokina 11-16 instead? That lens is built like a tank and it is a f/2.8 which gives you more room to shoot at night and even some bokeh. It's a tad more expensive though.

Back
Top Bottom