The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Same, just picked up a 6D and I'm hitting Miami Sunday can't wait to blast strangers hahaha

Might sound like a dumb question but how do you take pics of strangers? Lol I was out this weekend taking pics and that's one thing I planned, but when I was out there I froze up like sub zero and ended up shooting other stuff

Welcome to the 6D Club. I love mine. I am about to buy a Sony A7 or A6000 tho 8)

Thanks! I thought about the Sony A7 too and rented it out from borrow lenses but didn't like it :/

It was too ugh I don't know. You know when you pick up a body that's just right? Well this felt like the opposite it was weird. It felt weird.

Might sound like a dumb question but how do you take pics of strangers? Lol I was out this weekend taking pics and that's one thing I planned, but when I was out there I froze up like sub zero and ended up shooting other stuff

Same thing happened to me. So I just make myself look like a tourist.

There's a great article on it, looking for it now.

EDIT: http://www.slrlounge.com/10-valuable-lessons-ive-learned-street-photography/

There it is. That's a great article. I remember I loved it when I read it and it helped me out a LOT!

Last edited:
What sharpening methods do you guys use? Any default settings?

I import my and organize my images in lightroom. Whatever adjustments as far as edits I do in PS before putting it back into LR to give it the final touch. This is where I sharpen my picture. In the sharpening panel I use Amount 50, Radius 2, Detail 75... then I hold option and slide the masking slider to where I feel it is being applied to the right areas and this usually lands me anywhere from 50-80.

just gotta unleash your inner creep.

:lol:

seriously, this. and as contradictory as this may seem, definitely don't try to be sneaky while embracing that inner creep, that kind of makes it more weird...what has worked for me some is being confident, yet nonchalant about it, also it helps being out at/in a place that people are busy doing other things to pay too much attention to you (the other thing is just having your small talk game on point for if/when some one doe notice you making a photo)...the other thing that can be helpful is to find a spot & post up, that way you kind of blend in to the environment a little...

the weather start to change out here in the northeast...got me reminiscing/looking forward to get back on 2 wheels

_DSC6318.jpg by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

_DSC3462.jpg by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

DSC01387.jpg by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Untitled by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

You don't always have to be a "creep". You can ask people to take a photo of them :lol:

You see someone with a dope hat you like... You can be like "Hey, my name is so and so, and I couldn't help but notice your hat. It's dope. You think I can take a photo of you?" You'd be surprised how many people will say yes. Or you could introduce yourself saying you're a photography student blah blah. Try it! You'll be surprised.

Or if you're really scared, zone focus (pre focus) and shoot from the hip.

Last edited:
Shot these with the 6D and edited on an iPhone 5 with VSCOcam. Kind of feel like it's becoming a bad habit to skip Lightroom/Photoshop but it's just so convenient for web images on the fly. I still eventually import to Lightroom just to backup.

the 6D is so nice that I often do this as well. Unless it's for a client or special, I'm editing on the fly.

What sharpening methods do you guys use? Any default settings?

I import my and organize my images in lightroom. Whatever adjustments as far as edits I do in PS before putting it back into LR to give it the final touch. This is where I sharpen my picture. In the sharpening panel I use Amount 50, Radius 2, Detail 75... then I hold option and slide the masking slider to where I feel it is being applied to the right areas and this usually lands me anywhere from 50-80.
Do you do anything as far as noise reduction goes?

You don't always have to be a "creep". You can ask people to take a photo of them :lol:

You see someone with a dope hat you like... You can be like "Hey, my name is so and so, and I couldn't help but notice your hat. It's dope. You think I can take a photo of you?" You'd be surprised how many people will say yes. Or you could introduce yourself saying you're a photography student blah blah. Try it! You'll be surprised.

Or if you're really scared, zone focus (pre focus) and shoot from the hip.

Some might want to keep it as candid as possible tho.

So I'm a complete noob to photography and dont really know what im doing lol. Always liked taking pictures but always used my phone or an old olympus that we had. Decided to buy a D3300 and teach myself. Been playing around with different editing apps. Critiques, tips and constructive criticism is always welcomed

Some might want to keep it as candid as possible tho.

Oh, I know. Street photography is my favorite type to shoot. Now that, the shooter just has to get over any inhibition he/she might have.

Just put up the camera and shoot.

Aspiring street photographers. Check out this dude, Eric Kim.

Great read on street photography.

Shot these with the 6D and edited on an iPhone 5 with VSCOcam. Kind of feel like it's becoming a bad habit to skip Lightroom/Photoshop but it's just so convenient for web images on the fly. I still eventually import to Lightroom just to backup.

dope ****.

more pics of your s13 tho :nerd:

I'm guilty as well. Some of the mobile apps are good. The interfaces are nice and simple, quick, convenient, etc.

I just recently started dabbling in Lightroom....but I'll still rock with apps on the fly! Btw great stuff... [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
dunksrnice dunksrnice Thanks man!

All you gotta do is download VSCOcam on your phone. It has the presets for you in there. They also have various other presets you can buy/download through the app.

Last edited:
VSCOcam was also updated to allow "batch" editing with their Copy + Paste feature. It lets you copy your edits to multiple photos.

Back
Top Bottom