The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

The character creation for online multiplayer has been retooled and will feature more "variety." For online multiplayer, players are able to create their own Autobots and Decepticons from scratch, with hundreds of pieces and thousands of paint job options. Scientist, Infiltrator, Destroyer and Titan are confirmed to be the four "character classes."

The character creation for online multiplayer has been retooled and will feature more "variety." For online multiplayer, players are able to create their own Autobots and Decepticons from scratch, with hundreds of pieces and thousands of paint job options. Scientist, Infiltrator, Destroyer and Titan are confirmed to be the four "character classes."

excited about that.. hope they will allow you to recreate other transformers from the past. they should've added this feature that you could just put in a name of a G1/G2 character and you'd get that character in the game.. that would be sick.. especially since rodimus was on the nintendo DS version...

only games i'm looking forward to this year are FIFA13 and HITMAN.  HITMAN looks so dope.

oh yea i forgot to tell yall.  mass effect 2 is such a dope rpg.. i'm not done with it yet... and i actually know the ending of mass effect 3 cuase i read spoilers.. but in terms on massiveness and art work its top.  The story is really good and the gameplay is fun.  The cities and planets are beyond massive.  I wonder why it took me so long to even start it.  anyway, i'm stuck on one of the dlc and finding it hard to beat but i'll get through it.  i've got 90% of my team also.

and also, i beat deadspace 2 too and its an okay game.. not as good as part 1 imo.

i still need to beat fallout new vegas (it just doesn't have the same feel as fallout 3.. which was srsly epic to me at the time).

also, looking forward to playing skyrim, uncharted 3, mass effect 3, and ffxiii2.  I'm really waiting for them to go on sale though.

Haven't check in here in a while.
Blow out sale online only?
Nope.

My brother picked up AC Revelations for me for $10 from a Best Buy near his apartment last week. Just gotta pick it up when I go to visit him.
connect new PS3 with old PS3 with a Ethernet cord. go to data transfer utility and choose what data from what system you want to transfer to the other ps3.
That's all you have to do?
nerd.gif

Does the old PS3 have to have a wired connection? Mine is wireless.

I was thinking of copping the new Super Slim 500 GB PS3, and thought I'd have to buy an external hard drive to transfer my data to the new PS3.

I hope that PS3 Super Slim drops soon.

Also, whats the easiest way to transfer data from one PS3 to another?
I googled it after reading sole vintage's post.

And found this link

It gives you a detailed step by step of how to do it.

Hope this helps.

EDIT:

You posted with the link a minute before I did sole vintage.
laugh.gif

Repped.

Last edited:
I googled it after reading sole vintage's post.

And found this link

It gives you a detailed step by step of how to do it.

Hope this helps.

EDIT:

You posted with the link a minute before I did sole vintage. :lol:

Repped.

this is the same way how people host modded lobbies on COD. transfer a modded patch from a ps3 on a lower version to another

wtf is going on with Max Payne multiplayer? am i the only person not being able to join boards cause they never load, and when they do load, the game freezes the playstation, or am i the only person still playing this game?

wtf is going on with Max Payne multiplayer? am i the only person not being able to join boards cause they never load, and when they do load, the game freezes the playstation, or am i the only person still playing this game?
That's been one of the few problems with the multiplayer. I don't check the Rockstar boards, but if it hasn't been addressed there then I don't know what's taking so long because it happens to everyone at one point. I know for a fact that I directly tweet Rockstar (who does a good job at community outreach) so that they see these problems exist.

i played last week with no problems.

And i think the community for MP3 is about 2k now

i played last week with no problems.
And i think the community for MP3 is about 2k now

yup me and 'preme got on a few rounds no problems. that first round when preme was on the other team.....those times i killed him i was so hype. I love killing NT'ers cuz you guys are too damb good. :nthat:

anyways, as for your issue, perhaps this is a little too obvious but maybe just reset your modem or at the very least switch to a wired connection if you haven't already, if you have, simply refer back to the first half of this convoluted sentence.

not at home so can't check on the system, but i was able to log in via. sony.com

reset your system/moden i guess is all i can think of.

oh, now that i think about it i remember talking to a sony rep one time and they mentioned how downtime/maintenance is not universal, in other words maybe your region is being tweaked while the rest aren't. similar to how last year after the lulzsec fiasco the network went on but at different times for different regions. if it's troubling enough for you give sony a call, see if they can't help sort it out for you.

anyways, what's your psn-sn? pm me if you want, i'll add you.

Heads up.
Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron Demo out now.
Downloading as we speak.
Its solid. Wish both single player missions were longer, but its a demo. I'm enjoying MP a lot. The number of combatants has gone up from 5 v 5. The Transformer customization has been fleshed out with a ton of options available that you unlock as you level up. I just wish the paint options were truly custom. A gripe that I had with the first one as well as this is that I think a cover system should have been implemented, but I see why they didn't do that. They want the action to be frenetic and when this happens in MP its truly a thing of beauty.

Its solid. Wish both single player missions were longer, but its a demo. I'm enjoying MP a lot. The number of combatants has gone up from 5 v 5. The Transformer customization has been fleshed out with a ton of options available that you unlock as you level up. I just wish the paint options were truly custom. A gripe that I had with the first one as well as this is that I think a cover system should have been implemented, but I see why they didn't do that. They want the action to be frenetic and when this happens in MP its truly a thing of beauty.

still think the customization should've been more elaborate, using faces and body parts from actual G1 characters, so people can really go crazy and that way you can really have your own character and own colors and things.. but there is no point of leveling up in the demo, because you cant use it in the actual game..

what they should've done is reward the people that got a platinum on the first game, with a special customization or something..

[h1]JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure HD trailer is insane[/h1]
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure HD gets a new trailer, and yes, it’s bizarre. Giant scissors, fighters shrinking, massive eagles hurting people. Check out the fun here.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure HD is a re-release of Capcom’s arcade brawler, and it hits PSN August 21 at $19.99 and XBLA August 22nd at 1600 MS points. We’re still waiting to hear what the European price will be.

Capcom Unity released a barrage of info on the game, and confirmed that you can switch between HD and classic graphics options and play a wealth online modes such as:

Matchmaking similar to SSFIV and MvC3, with location, skill and connection speed filters;
  • Battle Points, Player Points and global leaderboards
  • An eight-player lobby system with spectator mode
  • The option to save match replays and share them online.
And more. Now watch the trailer and relish in the madness of it all.
[h1]Bayonetta 2? Not before Viewtiful Joe 3, muses Kamiya[/h1]
Bayonetta 2 would be ace, but Platinum Games director Hideki Kamiya would rather make a Viewtiful Joe sequel first.

Speaking in Famitsu, Kamiya explains if that he had to make a sequel to any game, it would be Viewtiful Joe, rather than Bayonetta.

Bayonetta 2 rumours have been flying around for some time, yet Platinum has remained quiet on the subject. However, Kamiya does admit that he and his team do discuss

Bayonetta ideas over beer.

Meanwhile, Platinum’s most recent release Anarchy Reigns isn’t out in Europe until March 31 2013

[h1]PSA: PSN maintenance tonight, should last two hours[/h1]
by David Hinkle on Aug 1st 2012 9:30PM

Starting at 12am PT (3am ET), PSN will be down for around two hours in North America. It looks like Europe won't be affected this time.

The routine maintenance will go down basically the same as last week's maintenance – if you signed into PSN in the last few days, you should have no problem accessing apps and playing games during the downtime; however, if you haven't logged in recently, you'll be shut out. Relax, you still have some time to log in!

The PlayStation Blog says PSN should be back up and running around 2am PT (5am ET). During the maintenance, both the PSN Store and Account Management will be inaccessible.

been playing fall of cybertron, and to be honest with you i am not really impressed.. it is still the same game as war for cybertron, nothing new, nothing different.. same ****, just different game.. also the game freezes completely, so you cant do anything, not even go to the psn menu.. and the customization is just pitiful.. you have to select colors that they set up. that is not real customization, that is just a joke.

For those still playing MW3....

Final Modern Warfare 3 DLC Plans Revealed
The end of Modern Warfare 3’s content season is coming soon.
by Andrew Goldfarb AUGUST 2, 2012

Activision has announced the final pieces of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3’s season of content.

On August 9th, the Chaos Pack will launch on Xbox 360, offering a brand new Special Ops Chaos Mode, three new Face Off maps and four new Special Ops missions. The Face Off maps include Vortex, U-Turn and Intersection (previously released for Elite subscribers on Xbox 360 in June and PlayStation 3 in July). The Special Ops missions include Vertigo, Arctic Recon, Light ‘Em Up and Special Delivery.

On September 6th, the Final Assault Pack will launch, adding five new multiplayer maps. The maps include Boardwalk, Gulch and Parish (which leaked out earlier this week) as well as Decommission and Offshore, which hit Xbox 360 in July.

As always, the packs are arriving first on Xbox 360. Each pack will be available for $14.99 (1,200 Microsoft Points), but the content will arrive first to Premium Elite members for free. This will mark the end of Modern Warfare 3’s content season, which includes 29 separate pieces of content overall.

What a joke.

Bethesda “Not Yet Satisfied with Dawnguard’s Performance on the PS3”
Fantastic.

by Colin Moriarty AUGUST 2, 2012

The saga concerning The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PlayStation 3 continues unabated. The chatter has recently revolved around PS3 gamers not getting a patch other platforms already received, as well as a Bethesda executive noting that Dawnguard DLC wasn’t even announced for platforms other than Xbox 360. But then news broke that PS3 gamers may indeed receive the Dawnguard DLC after all.

Today, Bethesda has confirmed that Dawnguard is up and running on PlayStation 3, but there’s a catch: it’s not running well. Posting on its official blog, Bethesda notes that it’s “not yet satisfied with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality.”

The post doesn’t technically confirm that Dawnguard will actually be released for PlayStation 3; in fact, the wording can be interpreted that it may never come out. However, we’ve reached out to Bethesda for official comment and clarification.

Dawnguard’s issues on PS3 follow a litany of problems the PS3 iteration of Skyrim has experienced since its launch last November, problems well chronicled here at IGN.

The DLC pack in question originally came to Xbox 360 last month, and was released today for PC.

What a joke.
Bethesda “Not Yet Satisfied with Dawnguard’s Performance on the PS3”
Fantastic.

by Colin Moriarty AUGUST 2, 2012
The saga concerning The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PlayStation 3 continues unabated. The chatter has recently revolved around PS3 gamers not getting a patch other platforms already received, as well as a Bethesda executive noting that Dawnguard DLC wasn’t even announced for platforms other than Xbox 360. But then news broke that PS3 gamers may indeed receive the Dawnguard DLC after all.
Today, Bethesda has confirmed that Dawnguard is up and running on PlayStation 3, but there’s a catch: it’s not running well. Posting on its official blog, Bethesda notes that it’s “not yet satisfied with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality.”
The post doesn’t technically confirm that Dawnguard will actually be released for PlayStation 3; in fact, the wording can be interpreted that it may never come out. However, we’ve reached out to Bethesda for official comment and clarification.
Dawnguard’s issues on PS3 follow a litany of problems the PS3 iteration of Skyrim has experienced since its launch last November, problems well chronicled here at IGN.
The DLC pack in question originally came to Xbox 360 last month, and was released today for PC.

because the the vanilla version of the game is the gold standard of ps3 performance :lol:

Last edited:
MGS IV Trophies. Not as crazy as I thought they might be, especially compared to MGS 3 HD...

[COLOR=#red]Bronze You enjoy all the killing, that’s why. Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.
Bronze Divine Wind Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
Bronze Hands Up! Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
Bronze Emotion Control Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
Bronze Hurt me more! Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
Bronze Drum Can Addict Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
Bronze That Tune Is His Mind Control Music Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
Bronze Overhead view — just like old times… Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver SUNLIGHT! Obtained the Solar Gun.
Silver I Just Don’t Fear Death Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
Silver Where I Can See Ya Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
Silver Ghost Photography Addict Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver FaceCamo Addict Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
Silver Can you feel my power now!!!? Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
Silver Are you an Otaku too? Viewed all model posters.
Silver You’re pretty good. Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
Gold Flashback Mania Viewed all flashbacks.
Gold Sounds of the Battlefield Obtained all iPod[emoji]174[/emoji] tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).
Gold I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology. Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
Platinum The Legendary Hero Obtained all trophies.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Trophies are to be patched at "the beginning of August"... so any time here. I enjoyed MGS IV alot, but that was literally the second game I played on PS3, so we will see how it holds up over the past several years.

Back
Top Bottom