The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Now....I'm an ignoramus.
What exactly is the significance of a system having high RAM?
smooth operating system ,higher texture and more detailed environments and characters, most games will run at 60FPS or higher who knows for now.

sony not being cheap and going for lower ram to make a bigger profit benefits gamers and developers
eek.gif
That's awesome now that I understand. Good looking out
pimp.gif
. I guess they're learning from the PSP that a powerful system will payoff in the long run. The lineup has been pretty strong from what I've seen/heard. all I need is a sports game for it and it's a sure cop from me.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Now....I'm an ignoramus.
What exactly is the significance of a system having high RAM?
smooth operating system ,higher texture and more detailed environments and characters, most games will run at 60FPS or higher who knows for now.

sony not being cheap and going for lower ram to make a bigger profit benefits gamers and developers
eek.gif
That's awesome now that I understand. Good looking out
pimp.gif
. I guess they're learning from the PSP that a powerful system will payoff in the long run. The lineup has been pretty strong from what I've seen/heard. all I need is a sports game for it and it's a sure cop from me.

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

What makes BF3 better than COD ?
nerd.gif

MW3 = more of the same. Run/Shoot/Die. K/D ratio is all that matters.

BF3= Run/Shoot/Blow up a $!#@*%+ Apache helicopter that's raining death on a huge battlefield and watch as it crashes and burns into a pile of rubble / hop in a tank and engage other tanks while your partner wipes out infantry with the tank's Machine gun/ hop in a jet... A F !@%$ ING JET... and dog fight other F !@%$ ING jets/ Level the entire map just for the hell of it/ die. You can be the top player in a round with a negative K/D ratio in Battlefield. It's not just about the kills.

+ The BEST Sound effects in the biz. Heli's flying over head. Distant Gun shots ringing out. Hearing a tank approaching your vicinity. All this stuff adds up and truly adds to the gameplay experience.
+ Recoil.
+ Destructible enviroments. Some one camping in a building? Drop a mortar strike or fire a RPG at the building and leave them exposed.
+Overall package that is above and beyond anything we've seen from MW3.

The random carnage in the latest BF3 trailer > The scripted carnage we've seen from MW3 campaign. (MW3 MP doesn't have anything to compare to BF3 MP)

Things that are "perks" in MW are available for use in Battlefield 3. You actually fly UAV's and call in airstrikes with it, not just show you enemies on the radar. Co-pilot the Apache and you are the chopper gunner. Hop in a jet and airstrike as much as you damn well please. You don't have people camping, racking up kill streaks to use this @%+* cuz it's already there ready to be used.

nerd.gif

BF3= Run/Shoot/Blow up a $!#@*%+ Apache helicopter that's raining death on a huge battlefield and watch as it crashes and burns into a pile of rubble / hop in a tank and engage other tanks while your partner wipes out infantry with the tank's Machine gun/ hop in a jet... A F !@%$ ING JET... and dog fight other F !@%$ ING jets/ Level the entire map just for the hell of it/ die. You can be the top player in a round with a negative K/D ratio in Battlefield. It's not just about the kills.

+ The BEST Sound effects in the biz. Heli's flying over head. Distant Gun shots ringing out. Hearing a tank approaching your vicinity. All this stuff adds up and truly adds to the gameplay experience.
+ Recoil.
+ Destructible enviroments. Some one camping in a building? Drop a mortar strike or fire a RPG at the building and leave them exposed.

The random carnage in the latest BF3 trailer > The scripted carnage we've seen from MW3 campaign. (MW3 MP doesn't have anything to compare to BF3 MP)

Things that are "perks" in MW are available for use in Battlefield 3. You actually fly UAV's and call in airstrikes with it, not just show you enemies on the radar. Co-pilot the Apache and you are the chopper gunner. Hop in a jet and airstrike as much as you damn well please. You don't have people camping, racking up kill streaks to use this @%+* cuz it's already there ready to be used.

If the Vita has 512MB, that means that next gen consoles should be rocking at LEAST 1-1.5GB of RAM. It's about damn time...

If the Vita has 512MB, that means that next gen consoles should be rocking at LEAST 1-1.5GB of RAM. It's about damn time...

Originally Posted by swendro88

nerd.gif

+ Recoil.

Nothing, COD is probably still gonna be more fun to play because as hard as they've tried (and their effort is definitely commended), Dice still hasn't gotten it right yet...
Fixed.

nerd.gif

+ Recoil.

Nothing, COD is probably still gonna be more fun to play because as hard as they've tried (and their effort is definitely commended), Dice still hasn't gotten it right yet...
Fixed.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

nerd.gif

+ Recoil.

Fixed.

0208_46d7.gif

kNNSu.gif

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

nerd.gif

+ Recoil.

Fixed.

0208_46d7.gif

kNNSu.gif

laugh.gif

For the record, I do hope it's good. I wanna get it but only if there's some replay value (online) and it doesn't feel as weird and slow as their last few games.

laugh.gif

For the record, I do hope it's good. I wanna get it but only if there's some replay value (online) and it doesn't feel as weird and slow as their last few games.

theone218 wrote:
can you guys link me to the best bang for your buck mic? Mine broke a little while ago and idk which one I should get
Just a mic or a headset? From my research, the Turtle Beaches seem to be the most reasonably-priced headset manufacturers around, albeit their quality leaves a lot to be desired. Same thing with Trittons. I think a few NTers use Turtle Beach PX21s and the Tritton AX180 if that matters.

nerd.gif

+ Recoil.

This. Overall contribution is what counts.
smokin.gif

Spidermachine916 wrote:
i went back to page 32 to see if this was posted... it was not... HOLY SITHBALLS!!!!!

PC Games - E3 2012 - Battlefield 3

I posted the same video on page 32! Oh well.
laugh.gif

theone218 wrote:
can you guys link me to the best bang for your buck mic? Mine broke a little while ago and idk which one I should get
Just a mic or a headset? From my research, the Turtle Beaches seem to be the most reasonably-priced headset manufacturers around, albeit their quality leaves a lot to be desired. Same thing with Trittons. I think a few NTers use Turtle Beach PX21s and the Tritton AX180 if that matters.

nerd.gif

+ Recoil.

This. Overall contribution is what counts.
smokin.gif

Spidermachine916 wrote:
i went back to page 32 to see if this was posted... it was not... HOLY SITHBALLS!!!!!

PC Games - E3 2012 - Battlefield 3

I posted the same video on page 32! Oh well.
laugh.gif

Any other NT'ers a fan of the Ratchet & Clank games?

They been around since the PS2 days but I just got into them on the the PS3 starting with Ratchet & Clank Future Tools Of Destruction. Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time was
pimp.gif
and was fun as hell. I still need to go back and platinum that game though.

Really also looking forward to Ratchet & Clank: All For One later this year.

Also with Dead Island I saw that Gamestop has this special edition:

270837b.jpg

Link:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/dead-island-limited-edition/90366

I really HATE dealing with Gamestop and avoid them as much as possible. But damn it amazon's pre order stuff sucks compared to Gamestop and that cover art compared to the regular edition is a lot better.

They been around since the PS2 days but I just got into them on the the PS3 starting with Ratchet & Clank Future Tools Of Destruction. Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time was
pimp.gif

Also with Dead Island I saw that Gamestop has this special edition:

270837b.jpg

Link:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/dead-island-limited-edition/90366

I really HATE dealing with Gamestop and avoid them as much as possible. But damn it amazon's pre order stuff sucks compared to Gamestop and that cover art compared to the regular edition is a lot better.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

pimp.gif

Yea i just bought the bundle with tools of destruction and A crack in time. Currently playing Tools of destruction and i'm having a lot of fun with it. As long as All for one is similar then that will be copped.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

pimp.gif

Yea i just bought the bundle with tools of destruction and A crack in time. Currently playing Tools of destruction and i'm having a lot of fun with it. As long as All for one is similar then that will be copped.

Back
Top Bottom