The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

NT, please if u would, name me a more depressing, bleak, and or otherwise dreary a game than half-life 2.

i was thinking of making a thread but im interested in what the p3 community thinks....

HL 2 is found on the orange box and ive had it for years but only pick at it.....fallout 3 has nothing on this depressing *** game because fo 3 has 3dog, eden and stradavarius.
Do you mean depressing as in the game's story is sad or the that the game itself is bad?

BestBuy.com has great deals on games + blu rays, they still have some new games for $29.99. Iono what's the big deal about Amazon, they have ok deals, but all their games sell out within mins. Walmart is your best bet for games, they have all newly released games for $25 (except ACIII, but it isn't even worth $25 alone). They still have stacks of games available right now. UC3 is 10 dollars there.

Managed to snag all of these games at Walmart on Thanksgiving (the Walmart I went to is open 24 hours) for $25 or less, blu rays were $3.50 each. Funny thing is that all these games rang up at their Black Friday prices even before the sale started, I was one of five people in the gaming section
laugh.gif
. Some dude bought 15 copies of BO2. Only planning to keep Dishonored and MGS collection.
How much was the MGS collection

Is resident evil 6 worth copping? Its 30 at fred meyers and my coworkers want me to grab it for multiplayer. I saw a bunch of low scoring reviews tho so I'm not sure if its worth it.

Is resident evil 6 worth copping? Its 30 at fred meyers and my coworkers want me to grab it for multiplayer. I saw a bunch of low scoring reviews tho so I'm not sure if its worth it.
If you enjoyed RE5 then I'm going to assume that you'll like RE6. The game is supposedly 15 hours long.

Here's an insight video that will help you get a gist of the game.

The Hateful Truth Ep. 99 - Resident Evil 6 (Why You Shouldn't Trust Mainstream Gaming Sites)

Tempted to buy a PS3 , I just want to play Twisted Metal (the newest one and download Twisted Metal 2). For those that have it, is it worth it just for them games and blu ray usage?

Picked up the Black Friday bundle. Haven't gamed on a Playstation since PS2.

What PS3 exclusives do you guys recommend? Besides the usual ones.

NT, please if u would, name me a more depressing, bleak, and or otherwise dreary a game than half-life 2.

i was thinking of making a thread but im interested in what the p3 community thinks....

HL 2 is found on the orange box and ive had it for years but only pick at it.....fallout 3 has nothing on this depressing *** game because fo 3 has 3dog, eden and stradavarius.
Do you mean depressing as in the game's story is sad or the that the game itself is bad?
neither, really.....the story is bare-bones and the game is not bad.....it's a game which helped pioneer the FPS movement.  but, with that said, the atmosphere is suffocating.  the first part of the game takes place in these sewers.....the sound effects are sparse and echo with eldritch intentions throughout the barren vistas of the game's levels.  there are cities in the distace that make you feel even more alone, since it seems as if ull never get there.

its just the atmosphere is so bleak and depressing.......fallout 3 is like this at times, but it's held back from such scarcity due to the tongue-in-cheek manner in which it is sometimes portrayed.

im actually fascinated by halflife 2's depressing world and am interested if anyone knows of a game with as much of a haunting atmosphere. not that id play that game but i was jw.......so yeah.....
Tempted to buy a PS3 , I just want to play Twisted Metal (the newest one and download Twisted Metal 2). For those that have it, is it worth it just for them games and blu ray usage?
tried the TM demo and turned it off after 2 minutes.....wasn't feeling it. i liked the ps2 twisted games but either the series changed since then or i did.....probably a combination of both.  

i can speak on blu rays, however.  the system will always be an up-to-date blu-ray player due to it's internet connectivity. also it upgrades dvd picture quality remarkably well

so yes if you like TM and want a great blu ray player, it's certainly worth the $200 investment

i know u said no usuals, but wth heres my take:

1) gran turismo 5

2) gow saga

3) uncharted series (id say just go right to 3, 1 & 2 are good but the graphics on 3 are something else...plus it frees up ur time not having to go through 1 & 2, just youtube those)

4) killzone 2 (campaign is dope and online was rockin when i first got it)

5) infamous 2

6) little big planet 1 or 2 if u like platformers

not so commonly spoken of:

7 ) pure chess (if u like chess or are interested in learning it, because it has tons of tutorials from the looks of it)

8) heavy rain

9) old square soft titles off the psn store  (as far as i know xbox doesnt have the old FF/xenogear/chrono cross etc games.....and it doesnt deserve them, either)

10) shin megami tensei (ps2 title off psn store....soundtrack is cray)

11) Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (must buy)

12)  JOURNEY JOURNEY JOURNEY!!!!!! (did i mention journey? u can beat it in no time and ur still rewarded with a deeply satisfying and profound ending)

finally, 4 cross over titles that you should defintely check out (and sadly, these games would be so much better if they didnt have to run on that crap box):

12) Fallout 3 (greatest video game ever made...even better on PC tho)

13) assassins creed 3

14) mass effect 3

15) battlefield 3

cant go wrong with any of these  titles.....just go by genre preference.  good luck and drop ur psn if u want.  folks around here defintely know their gaming.

Like Celtix said, a good place to start off are the trilogies but i don't agree on skipping Uncharted 1 and 2 at all.

Wait for a price drop. It was so disappointing. Game was the easiest to beat of the franchise.

eldritch means eerie and by saying "intentions" i gave it a quality of personification

deal wit it lmao

I know what eldritch means. You don't know what scarcity or tongue-in-cheek means.

Fallout 3 is your favorite game. Your opinion doesnt make it the best game ever.

neither, really.....the story is bare-bones and the game is not bad.....it's a game which helped pioneer the FPS movement.  but, with that said, the atmosphere is suffocating.  the first part of the game takes place in these sewers.....the sound effects are sparse and echo with eldritch intentions throughout the barren vistas of the game's levels.  there are cities in the distace that make you feel even more alone, since it seems as if ull never get there.

its just the atmosphere is so bleak and depressing.......fallout 3 is like this at times, but it's held back from such scarcity due to the tongue-in-cheek manner in which it is sometimes portrayed.

im actually fascinated by halflife 2's depressing world and am interested if anyone knows of a game with as much of a haunting atmosphere. not that id play that game but i was jw.......so yeah.....

Dark Souls or Demon's Souls.

If you're into unique games, check out Heavy Rain.

The game is entirely based on quick time events.

REAL TALK.................is a playstation allstars game a good game and honestly is it better than super smash bros

Bought "Final Fantasy XIII-2" for $21.21 at Walmart on Black Friday.

Did I come up or no?

(Still upgrading weapons and accessories at the end of Chapter 11 of Final Fantasy XIII)

it sounds like sony wanted to rip off super smash bros, but then decided it was TOO much of a rip off, so they ruined their own game :smh:

why make it a serious fighter?

Back
Top Bottom