The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

So you wait to download the game then you wait to install the game right?

On average how long does this process take?
Yes and yes.

Wait time for downloading depends on how big the file is and your internet speed.

Install time depends on how big the game is.

It'll vary. The bigger the file, the longer it'll take to do both download and install.

I think it took me like 20 or so minutes to install a 14gb game. Think it was either Infamous 2 or Ratchet & Clank All 4 One.

Yes and yes.

Wait time for downloading depends on how big the file is and your internet speed.

It'll vary. The bigger the file, the longer it'll take to do both download and install.

I think it took me like 20 or so minutes to install a 14gb game. Think it was either Infamous 2 or Ratchet & Clank All 4 One.
I meant just installing. I have a really fast connection so download times aren't a big deal.

Thanks for the info.

Lastly, are you able to play a ps3 without installing the game?

What exactly are you installing to the ps3 for let's say a game like god of war?

Are you downloading the game itself or just "some" of the game so it runs smoother?

I don't understand why you have to install games when the blurays support like 50gbs of data right?

Yes and yes.

I think it took me like 20 or so minutes to install a 14gb game. Think it was either Infamous 2 or Ratchet
I meant just installing. I have a really fast connection so download times aren't a big deal.
Thanks for the info.

Lastly, are you able to play a ps3 without installing the game?
What exactly are you installing to the ps3 for let's say a game like god of war?
Are you downloading the game itself or just "some" of the game so it runs smoother?
I don't understand why you have to install games when the blurays support like 50gbs of data right?

You download 'sort of the game'. I might be wrong but if I recall correctly alot of PS3 games have to have parts of the disk downloaded because Blu-ray has an extremely slow read rate, so the install is to speed things up

Just played the Walking Dead DLC 400 days and I was disappointed compared to main game. The characters weren't as thoughfully fleshed out compared to the main story as most characters had literally 10-15 mins of story time and the character development was pretty sparse and deliberate. I would recommend this DLC for those who really love the game and want to get a preview of next season's episodes. Overall it felt like the whole game was a demo for the next season but for $5 you can do much worse but again it was a disappointment due to the overall brilliance of story telling of the main game.

FYI - you can purchase the DLC in Gamestop for $5, they will just give you a receipt with the code on the bottom. Saves you money compared to buying the $20 psn card or finding the $10 psn card at Bestbuy

Just played the Walking Dead DLC 400 days and I was disappointed compared to main game. The characters weren't as thoughfully fleshed out compared to the main story as most characters had literally 10-15 mins of story time and the character development was pretty sparse and deliberate. I would recommend this DLC for those who really love the game and want to get a preview of next season's episodes. Overall it felt like the whole game was a demo for the next season but for $5 you can do much worse but again it was a disappointment due to the overall brilliance of story telling of the main game.

FYI - you can purchase the DLC in Gamestop for $5, they will just give you a receipt with the code on the bottom. Saves you money compared to buying the $20 psn card or finding the $10 psn card at Bestbuy
Or you can just watch someone's playthrougj, like I did.

October release date over here. :smh:
Still don't even have Muramasa.

that sucks but it's worth the wait ... just a really well-made and fun game ... the character designer is a hornball, though

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...r-george-kamitani-talks-gameplay-controversy/

:wow: :lol:

I know this has been a topid of discussion in here before

Morgan Haro, Community Manager of PlayStation Digital Platforms, deals with the weekly and monthly PlayStation Plus updates, and responds to comments in the process.

As you may have read in the comments of our post about the August 2013 PlayStation Plus free games for North America, and the Ask PSLS discussing them, many people wonder why Europe gets “better” titles in the Instant Game Collection. Though he’s previously touched on this, Morgan replied in full detail to a comment about regional differences, with the original commenter even saying, “I’m beginning to think the US team is just lazy compared to Europe.”

Here’s Morgan’s explanation:

The only thing I can say in regards to your feedback is that the regions are completely different with their own set of constraints. So while one region gets ‘X’ game, the other will be working to get ‘Y’ game, and the publishers or owners of each game have completely different decision paths and factors from region to region.

For example, EA in EU is different from EA in NA. We’re working to strive to always deliver the best content available and in the long run, I think you’ll find that your Plus membership is worth it. Keep in mind too that content is planned a long time in advance. So particular feedback may take time to be realized, but rest assured, it’s being delivered. Thanks!

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...n-and-north-america-free-games-are-different/

I'm kind of upset they're making a new Vita announcing next month. 6.3" screen instead of 5". The current one is just fine, they just need more games!

I forgot how much fun Castle Crashers was. It's fun to start a game with friends and beat people up sometimes. :lol:
The red knight is OP though when you are going PVP. :lol:

Darkstalkers :pimp:

Gamestop is having a 3 for $10 on select games (mostly older titles) but still some value there.

YMMV - if you get the game complete - with the case, art work, and manual.

get 40% off an eligible game when you buy an eligible game from toysrus.com
[table][tr][td]    Promotion Details[/td][td]x Close Window[/td][/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[table][tr][td]Buy 1 Get 1 40% off all 3DS, PS Vita, PS3 & Xbox 360 Software (Exclusions apply)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Excludes Skylanders, Disney Infinity Starter Packs, Kid Icarus: Uprising for Nintendo 3DS, Star Fox 64 3D for Nintendo 3DS and sale items. Must add to cart 2 eligible items for offer to apply. Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to lowest priced item purchased.[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]HOW IT WORKS

· Must add 2 items to cart in order to qualify for offer

· Maximum 3 discounts per order

· While quantities last
[/td][/tr][tr][td]QUICK LINKS
Use the links below to find products related to this promotion.

- View Eligible Items[/td][/tr][tr][td]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Offer valid only while supplies last and not applicable to canceled orders due to out-of-stock merchandise. Discount not applicable with returned merchandise; total discount will be deducted from the value of any returned item to which the discount applied. This offer is not valid on previous purchases. This promotional offer may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of a discount. 
 [/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Hitman is so wack :lol:. How is there gonna be a bin around every corner to dump bodies in? Seriously how lazy is that? The couldn't even try to be creative and enhance the gameplay? Geeze

Back
Top Bottom