The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone played the GTA trilogy again since launch? Apparently it’s been significantly improved since coming out in an unacceptable state

Sony would be dumb not to

Series S, switch, and steamdeck have shown that multiple variations and full portables can work

What they can't do is a separate handheld

Hybrid won't work for Sony. The PS5 can't be put into a portable format. Hybrid is fine for Nintendo because they use old tech which is fine for their games but the third party games suffer.

Series S is doing relatively well because of stock shortages of the Series X but people always prefer the console with the most features. Switch Lite is the worst selling Switch by far.
Also some devs are complaining about developing for it so it wouldn't work for Sony especially with their blockbuster titles. Vita showed that people don't want watered down Sony games.

Steam Deck hasn't really had time to see if it's successful or not but I don't think we will see big numbers. I could be wrong but if Vita was considered a failure at 15 Million sold, are we expecting the Steam Deck to blitz past that? It has a much better library but it's a niche product for enthusiasts IMO. Doesn't have the brand awareness or a mass marketing campaign and it's expensive even though it's bargain for what you get.

Hybrid won't work for Sony. The PS5 can't be put into a portable format. Hybrid is fine for Nintendo because they use old tech which is fine for their games but the third party games suffer.

Series S is doing relatively well because of stock shortages of the Series X but people always prefer the console with the most features. Switch Lite is the worst selling Switch by far.
Also some devs are complaining about developing for it so it wouldn't work for Sony especially with their blockbuster titles. Vita showed that people don't want watered down Sony games.

Steam Deck hasn't really had time to see if it's successful or not but I don't think we will see big numbers. I could be wrong but if Vita was considered a failure at 15 Million sold, are we expecting the Steam Deck to blitz past that? It has a much better library but it's a niche product for enthusiasts IMO. Doesn't have the brand awareness or a mass marketing campaign and it's expensive even though it's bargain for what you get.
what do you mean old tech? previous tech compared to what we have now available or tech that was older than when the console was released? the Tegra X utilized on the Nintendo Switch was current and recent when the Switch came out. or a you referring to it being underpowered? graphics and performance wise , the Switch is pretty good compared to it's PS4 and XBOX 1 counterpart unless you wanted to game with a higher resolution like 4K. but that is the only trade-off.

problem with the Switch Lite is pretty much the same problem why the N2DS didn't sell. they downgraded a proven product. the Vita though was already great but didn't have the proper treatment it should had.

Steam Deck is so far from what I'm hearing is that it has some very good potential compared to it's predecessors and rivals. especially with it's integration with every cloud gaming service, not just steam. so the library is more expansive rather than limiting. it could potentially rival the Switch with 3rd party games. this is a great alternative console for multi-platform users, especially when gaming everywhere. it is a wait and see so far and would really help with proper promotion and advertisement. smartphone gaming is still garbage.

I don't care much for that ultra-slim design, but the engineering and construction of it was pretty impressive. Shame he fried the first PS5 cuz of that stupid cooler placement.

I'm not talking now, I'm talking next gen

I'm comfident that Microsoft has embraced this multi console spec approach and that next Gen, one of those specs will be portable

Sony just has to follow a similar strategy, one powerful, one portable

Imagine next Gen, PlayStation is the only console you're stuck playing at home

Itll be embarrassing

Last edited:
flyeed flyeed stick thru it. The first 3 levels are tough bc your character is garbage. I ended up using magic and loving it throughout the game. With magic, there’s a weapon you can get later on/ early if you want, to be a melee character if you don’t want to use magic. the magics pretty op and makes a big difference. I know you’ve played other souls game and might not wanna op with magic but it’s there lol

what do you mean old tech? previous tech compared to what we have now available or tech that was older than when the console was released? the Tegra X utilized on the Nintendo Switch was current and recent when the Switch came out. or a you referring to it being underpowered? graphics and performance wise , the Switch is pretty good compared to it's PS4 and XBOX 1 counterpart unless you wanted to game with a higher resolution like 4K. but that is the only trade-off.

problem with the Switch Lite is pretty much the same problem why the N2DS didn't sell. they downgraded a proven product. the Vita though was already great but didn't have the proper treatment it should had.

Steam Deck is so far from what I'm hearing is that it has some very good potential compared to it's predecessors and rivals. especially with it's integration with every cloud gaming service, not just steam. so the library is more expansive rather than limiting. it could potentially rival the Switch with 3rd party games. this is a great alternative console for multi-platform users, especially when gaming everywhere. it is a wait and see so far and would really help with proper promotion and advertisement. smartphone gaming is still garbage.

Old and underpowered.
Switch was using the same Tegra X1 that was in the Shield TV which had been out for couple years already and was using an older GPU architecture compared to the desktop GPU's Nvidia had out at the time. The Switch didn't have the same performance as the Shield TV even when docked which makes sense since it is a portable so it has extra comnstraints for power and cooling.

I would say for big third party games, the Switch only has portability going for it. You take a hit in visuals and framerate for most Switch ports.
Steam Deck is definitely more of a handheld that competes with last gen consoles. God of War and Horizon run well on it.

I'm not talking now, I'm talking next gen

I'm comfident that Microsoft has embraced this multi console spec approach and that next Gen, one of those specs will be portable

Sony just has to follow a similar strategy, one powerful, one portable

Imagine next Gen, PlayStation is the only console you're stuck playing at home

Itll be embarrassing

I think the strategy for portable devices will be game streaming or mobile games for iOS/Android

You can't squeeze a modern console into a portable. The size, cooling and power requirements will be too much even with hardware downgrades. Steam Deck is only just matching 2013 hardware and its huge in size. Also having a portable will hold back games as well which no one wants.

Sony being the only ones without a handheld next gen would actually work in their benefit. Devs won't have to worry about cramming a game into a portable pulling 15W when the consoles are pulling about 200W. It will make their first party titles stand out even more.

Attachments

• 1655806851708.png
    1655806851708.png
    880.8 KB · Views: 356
flyeed flyeed stick thru it. The first 3 levels are tough bc your character is garbage. I ended up using magic and loving it throughout the game. With magic, there’s a weapon you can get later on/ early if you want, to be a melee character if you don’t want to use magic. the magics pretty op and makes a big difference. I know you’ve played other souls game and might not wanna op with magic but it’s there lol

Yea I found out there’s an item that gives you like another quarter of your health back in soul form too. I think I’m going to go back to it during a time I wouldn’t mind putting in a solid 5-6 hours to grind and possibly start over with a royal. Right now my underleveled short sword thief isn’t cutting it.

Old and underpowered.
Switch was using the same Tegra X1 that was in the Shield TV which had been out for couple years already and was using an older GPU architecture compared to the desktop GPU's Nvidia had out at the time. The Switch didn't have the same performance as the Shield TV even when docked which makes sense since it is a portable so it has extra comnstraints for power and cooling.

I would say for big third party games, the Switch only has portability going for it. You take a hit in visuals and framerate for most Switch ports.
Steam Deck is definitely more of a handheld that competes with last gen consoles. God of War and Horizon run well on it.

You can't squeeze a modern console into a portable. The size, cooling and power requirements will be too much even with hardware downgrades. Steam Deck is only just matching 2013 hardware and its huge in size. Also having a portable will hold back games as well which no one wants.

Sony being the only ones without a handheld next gen would actually work in their benefit. Devs won't have to worry about cramming a game into a portable pulling 15W when the consoles are pulling about 200W. It will make their first party titles stand out even more.

what are you even talking about? Tegra X1 came out the same year the Nvidia Shield was released in 2015, same as the Switch. the so-called old Tegra you were talking about that was released was the Tegra 4 on the Shield Portable. after that, there was the K1 which was used on other 3rd party android gaming devices. so you got your assumptions wrong. it is not old but new although under-powered. the customized X1 chip used on the Switch has nothing to do with portability, cooling nor power but rather as I had suspected even before has something to do with cost=cutting and maximizing profit. Nintendo could have used a much better battery capacity to offset the battery consumption of the device. they already ported games that have less development or fewer visual fidelity which can save them more money.

it depends really on how modern consoles are going to be made in the future. as far as 2013 consoles go, compare the size of the PS4 to that of the Steam Deck. also, you are forgetting about cloud gaming which is a game changer for home consoles and portable console gaming. you can have an underpowered portable gaming console perform a visually striking game efficiently thru the cloud.

I'll possibly get a Steam Deck that I'll use for playing and stream or remote play thru my Gaming PC. I used to stream playing laptop to laptop before and the visuals and performance were incredible when I first tried it.

Cloud gaming is the wave. Connect your controller on anything that has a screen and internet and you’re ready to go. Sony missed the mark with no iOS and android support for their cloud gaming.

Back
Top Bottom