The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

If won that type of money I'm paying Sallie Mae off
If you win Sallie Mae will be paid off before you receive a dime. All money owed to the government as well as back child support is taken from your winnings before you get anything.

Cash payout is 376.9 before taxes. No state taxes here so that is 245 M after taxes. Meh. Ill take the annuity. 13M for 30 years=never falling off

Good luck everyone! I hope an Nter wins. If I win details will come soon for a massive NT giveaway.

Cash payout is 376.9 before taxes. No state taxes here so that is 245 M after taxes. Meh. Ill take the annuity. 13M for 30 years=never falling off
Until you die or are killed (god forbid) and you your fam is left with nothing. Cash payout always who cant live forever with 245M? with that said numbers are being drawn now

Until you die or are killed (god forbid) and you your fam is left with nothing. Cash payout always who cant live forever with 245M? with that said numbers are being drawn now
WRONG. How many times does this myth have to be debunked? Once you win it is your money just like any other asset. This is from the powerball website.
WHAT HAPPENS IF AN ANNUITY PRIZE WINNER DIES?
The estate will handle the lottery prize. A lottery annuity prize is just like any other asset. You can pass any remaining annuity payments on to your heirs or to anyone else. The Powerball game will even cash out an annuity prize for an estate. This may make it easier for the estate to distribute the prize. It also may be necessary to cash out the annuity to pay Federal estate taxes. We will sell some or all of the securities at competitive bid or will even just transfer the securities to the estate. We do not charge a fee of any kind. I think that this misunderstanding may come from the response that the prize "goes to the Estate" and some people hear "goes to the State."

Its is true that you will have to pay an estate tax but you will have to pay that regardless if you took the cash option or the annuity

If you look at all the major jackpots in history it is always some bogus numbers that no one should pick. All of my combos had bogus numbers, but they were on the high side instead of the low side like the numbers fell tonight. oh well. hopefully no one wins and we can see the first Billion dollar jackpot in history.

If you look at all the major jackpots in history it is always some bogus numbers that no one should pick. All of my combos had bogus numbers, but they were on the high side instead of the low side like the numbers fell tonight. oh well. hopefully no one wins and we can see the first Billion dollar jackpot in history.

What's bogus about random numbers being drawn?

Bogus in the sense that they are always numbers that no one would seem to pick. Sure its random, but at the same time out of 59 numbers 3 numbers out of the 10-19 group, that are in close proximity to each other hit.

Same as:
Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012, 5, 16, 22, 23, 29 pb 6
Mega-Millions Mar. 25, 2011 22, 24, 31, 52, 54, mb 4,
Powerball March 23, 2013, 17, 29, 31, 52, 53 pb 31
Numbers like those. Kinda like when you look at a QP and are like what kind of numbers are theses? Those are the types of combinations that end up winning

Back
Top Bottom