The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread. TEFLON DON JULY 20th

o8dky0.jpg

33lhuee.jpg

Pretty sure they stopped filming it for now, there's been no talk about it for months.

I kind of disappointed in the number of tracks but hey that's how it is now a days.

I think most albums aren't going over 12-13 songs these days... I guess artists don't feel the need to release crap or filler if it won't sell that much anyways I guess...

[h1]Rick Ross Video Director Spiff TV Branches Out[/h1][h2]Ross has been 'getting me a lot of gigs,' Spiff tells Mixtape Daily.[/h2]
By Shaheem Reid

Text SizeDecreaseIncrease

Fire Starter: Spiff TV

Carlos Suarez has an ear for the streets and an eye for theInternet. Better known to everyone on the hip-hop blogs as Rick Ross'directorial go-to guy, Spiff TV, the 26-year-old has made a name forhimself with his vivid visuals for artists such as the Bawse and WakaFlocka Flame. What the world might not know yet: It was Spiff's keenaudio scouting that unearthed the beats for two of Ricky Rozay'shottest records right now.

" 'MC Hammer,'I did two verses," Ross explained to us a couple of weeks ago. "Onenight, we was riding around the city, and Spiff played me the beat. Ijust start writing to it, and Spiff took his BlackBerry and startedwriting down the rhymes. I actually wrote the two verses and the chorusriding around in the whip."

"I'm a director/A&R," said Spiff, who also manages producerLex Luger (Ross' "MC Hammer" and "Blowin' Money Fast [B.M.F.]" andWaka's "Hard in the Paint"). "If you check that Albert Anastasia album,it's 'A&R by Spiff TV.' I got him [the beat for] 'B.M.F.,' and Igot him 'MC Hammer.' I actually gave him 'MC Hammer' when we left the 'Super High' video shoot.Like 2 in the morning. I had the laptop opened up, playing the beat. Hejust started freestyling. I said, 'Hold up.' I whipped the BlackBerryout and started writing down everything he was saying. The next week,he calls me like, 'Spiff, e-mail me.' Sent him the lyrics. Hit! Samething with 'B.M.F.' "

Spiff is directing the upcoming videos from Albert Anastasiafor "MC Hammer" and "Sweet Life" with John Legend. A couple of weeksago, he helmed a teaser for "B.M.F." Spiff directed all the freestylevideos Ross has done the past couple of years, as well as videos from Deeper Than Rap,such as "Mafia Music" and "Valley of Death." The Orlando native hascaught the attention of other MCs as well; he directed Waka Flocka's "OLet's Do It" remix video as well.

"I'm from Orlando," Spiff began to tell of how he hooked upwith the leader of the Carol City Cartel. "I used to work as A&Rfor DJ Nasty. Nasty Beat Makers from Orlando. That's [DJ] Khaled'speople and brother. So [Ross] put me on a couple of years ago. We justbeen building. Right now, we working. A lot of stuff going on. Rossmanages me as a video director. He's been doing a lot for me as far asnetworking, getting me a lot of gigs."

Spiff's biggest goal right now is to start directing films. He says getting the opportunity to shadow director F. Gary Gray on the set of the "Super High" video was an invaluable experience.

"I got to watch him shoot a video. It was amazing. He shootsvideos like they're movies. He's picking two movies coming up. Hedoesn't know which one. But either one he picks, I'm flying to where itis, and I'm going to be his water boy that day and watch everything hedoes."

song review from a website:

Rick Ross the BOSS (BAW-SE) aka RickyRozay on July 20, 2010 is back at it. With 3 number one albums alreadyunder his belt (Port of Miami, Trilla, and Deeper Than Rap), Ross isback for the fourth time. But his album has a new concept- there’s onlyone song that doesn’t have a feature.

The closest thing we get to Rozayrapping on a song other than- “I’m Not A Star

^If Super High ends up the worst song on the album this album will be a bonafide classic.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

^If Super High ends up the worst song on the album this album will be a bonafide classic.

I got a feeling he is going to shock alot of doubters with this album

Back
Top Bottom