The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread. TEFLON DON JULY 20th

Originally Posted by UNCfatfan

album is fire to me!! I don't understand how people call him fake but yall sweat Lil Wayne(fake blood), Dr Dre(never was a gangster), 50(known snitch).. lol yall keep it up though

Exactly, Do really believe that Hip Hop is comprised of Ex drug dealers, killer, pimps and gangstas that never got caught? Doubtful

I liked Ross verse better on free mason....just flowed better to me

jay's flow just sounds all over the place

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

Originally Posted by UNCfatfan

album is fire to me!! I don't understand how people call him fake but yall sweat Lil Wayne(fake blood), Dr Dre(never was a gangster), 50(known snitch).. lol yall keep it up though

Exactly, Do really believe that Hip Hop is comprised of Ex drug dealers, killer, pimps and gangstas that never got caught? Doubtful

people want it to be because they believe the #+$@
its like santa or the easter bunny for kids... these dudes look up to these guys for the lifestyles they rap about so when they find out its all false they feel dumb... then they try to make it seem like its the artist's fault for being fake and tricking them into listening to the music... 

and yea... !#@@ some angry gang members... people takin music waaaaaaay too serious...

Lol...what are ya'll hearing on Free Mason? Not saying Ross was bad but...that track BELONGS to Jay-Z.

Maybe we just respect a certain level of honesty...

I never thought that would be too much to ask... No ones asking these guys to be killers or drug dealers, they're just choosing to talk about a certain subject because for whatever reason, they HATE their real lives which is more sad than anything... Like when has it EVER been coo to try so HARD to be somethin your clearly NOT?? Then you got cats on the sideline co-signing it...

Obvously NOT all rappers are what they claim to be on record, that's a given... But as long as we give Ns passes, its gonna further erode the foundation of the culture, cause when they see someone as FAKE as Ross or Game still be able to sell, its gonna get that NEXT fake dude his deal, and so on and so on...

Why Ns afraid to be themselves?? & Why Ns encouraging Ns NOT to be themselves??... Its not OK in the real world, and it shouldn't be in hip hop... Cause you got kids that don't know ANY better will listen to these frauds, go out there and do somethin crazy and ruin their lives tryin to live up to a standard set by a rapper that lived life by the book, goes to bed @ 11 pm each night and hasn't had as much as a traffic infraction...

We've gotta set our standard as people, and fans much higher, cause they keep playin our culture and exploting OUR experiences... We've once again become slaves to this industry, and Ns is like... "Hey... Its been goin on so long why complain now"... That is possibly one of the DUMBEST mindstates, and you can never wonder why they look @ us as people and laugh... We'll accept ANYthing, other races don't go for that and if they do its only to a certain extent, but we'll eat it all up...

I must say...I've never seen a rapper scrutinized so much for the disparity between their rap persona and real life. I mean people left and right have something to say about Rick Ross' character these days. This has to mean something. Either he's the hot topic in people's eyes right now...or he's OD'ing and people are bothered by it.
I've always had a long standing beef with rappers idolizing Italian Mob figures giving how they felt about Black people...but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't watched The Godfather Trilogy a million times. But I'm not sure how long Rick Ross can keep playing this role...it's going to get old after a while. When you adopt a gimmicky persona...it can only last for so long.

Can you imagine Nas still being "Escobar" right now?

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

honestly tho, I probably get flamed for this..........motha%^&*@# run around taking music so seriously...dude mention 2 guys name....and folks want to go to war like meech and hoover found the cure to aids or stopped black oppression...N_ aint did +@*+ but brain wash a bunch following %$! N_
Honestly, this.

Meech & Hoover were STAND up guys... Wheather legal or illegal, they gave their word, they were willing to live by it or die by it...

William Leonard Roberts isn't cut from that SAME cloth...

This guy is IDOLIZING John Gotti, Paul Castelano etc... You guys say its music, "entertainment" this, that and the 3rd, but he's exploting REAL life events, so he obviously feels a certain degree of honesty is required and that's why he mentions names, faces people recognize... Especially "Pablo... Noriega" from "Hustlin" fame, doesn't exist...

Eminem's four-play may well be about to end. The hip-hop superstar's four straight weeks at #1 with his Shady/Aftermath/ Interscope album Recovery is being threatened this week by Def Jam/IDJ Miami rapper Rick Ross, whose Teflon Don is on target to do between 170-180k in sales. With placement in Target and Best Buy circulars, Eminem's Recovery, off just 15% this week, is in the early lead, but the outcome is still very much in doubt. (Hits Daily Double)

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I've never seen a rapper scrutinized so much for the disparity between their rap persona and real life.

Its the biggest issue for Rawse, because he goes from glorifying that drug lord/gangster mentality to being exposed as a CO/cop.

Other rappers just come out of no where raapping about the same thing, but did do dirt, and might have got knocked once or twice, but they can be vouched for in the streets.

If he didnt DENY his previous occupation, I think this whole ordeal woulda been totally different. If I was him, I woulda owned up to it, and fronted like I did it to get my "connects".

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Meech & Hoover were STAND up guys... Wheather legal or illegal, they gave their word, they were willing to live by it or die by it...

This guy is IDOLIZING John Gotti, Paul Castelano etc... You guys say its music, "entertainment" this, that and the 3rd, but he's exploting REAL life events, so he obviously feels a certain degree of honesty is required and that's why he mentions names, faces people recognize... Especially "Pablo... Noriega" from "Hustlin" fame, doesn't exist...
 A drug dealer is a stand up guy now?
laugh.gif
: You dudes are so confused. This is just all ridiculous. You dudes are mad at Rawse for being a "fake drug dealer" and commending real drug dealers for poisoning our community. You dudes can't be serious with this logic. Just can't. I mean I did the whole idolizing of drug dealers when I was in middle and high school but man some of you dudes are too old to still idolize a drug dealer.

You know them personally or are you going off pure hearsay because I'm sure there are alot of people that will disagree with you.  Just wondering.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I've never seen a rapper scrutinized so much for the disparity between their rap persona and real life.

Its the biggest issue for Rawse, because he goes from glorifying that drug lord/gangster mentality to being exposed as a CO/cop.

Other rappers just come out of no where raapping about the same thing, but did do dirt, and might have got knocked once or twice, but they can be vouched for in the streets.

If he didnt DENY his previous occupation, I think this whole ordeal woulda been totally different. If I was him, I woulda owned up to it, and fronted like I did it to get my "connects".
Man if a ex-CO admitted to doing dirt such as sellin' white and working with inmates in prison? The feds would come for him. There's absolutely no way Rawse could've ever owned up to it. All he could've did was said he was a CO and kept it moving. But even insinuating he did dirt while being a CO? He could never do that.

And honestly? No one even cares that Rawse was  CO. Most have forgotten about it. The only people who care/cared were fake thugs or easily kids easily influenced. Soon as Port of Miami dropped actually a dude came on here saying Rawse was a CO. I heard that %@@ on NT back when Port of Miami dropped and assumed it to be true. I knew he was OD'in soon as I heard Hustlin' and that Noreiga line. But apparently on a small few got that he was being over the top.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

A drug dealer is a stand up guy now?
laugh.gif
You dudes are so confused. This is just all ridiculous. You dudes are mad at Rawse for being a "fake drug dealer" and commending real drug dealers for poisoning our community. You dudes can't be serious with this logic. Just can't. I mean I did the whole idolizing of drug dealers when I was in middle and high school but man some of you dudes are too old to still idolize a drug dealer.

Why are their roles minimized as just a drug dealers?? You guys sound like you work for the police... In Meech's case he ran a decently successful entertainment company... Backed one of the biggest rappers of the last 5 years, helped his debut go platinum, and a week later got locked up... As far as Larry Hoover, to say he was nothin more than a "drug dealer" just shows a clear LACK of knowledge on your part...

You'll support a rapper that perpatrates the role of one of these guys, then speak of the guys who actually lived the life as the scum of the earth...

If you were a Fox News watchin, hip hop hatin, Delores Tucker type that statement would make sense, I'd have no problem with Bill O'reily or Sean Hannity saying that, but you can't seriously listen to hip hop and then talk about the guys in OUR neigborhoods as if their the scum of the earth... That makes absoluetely NO sense, what so ever...

Its OK to listen to, support, and defend Rick Ross, but the VERY guys he shouts out in his song are SCUM that posiened "OUR" communities... Did you come to that conclusion while listenin to William Leanard Roberts, who took on the name Rick Ross (who we all know is famous for)... As I said, if you were Rev Calvin Butts, I couldn't dispute your statement, but you prolly went out and bought a LEGAL copy of Ross's album then turn around and say drug dealers are the worst people walkin this earth...
eyes.gif

Help me understand that mindstate... Cause All I see is confusion and contridiction written ALL OVER your response...

You know them personally or are you going off pure hearsay because I'm sure there are alot of people that will disagree with you.  Just wondering.

From what I've seen/heard about them, and from them, lets me know that... If they wern't they could've EASILY turned states evidence and be walkin the streets... Would they not??

If you have an account of ANYone, other than some police sargent saying Meech or Hoover are ANYthing other than STAND UP guys, please post it... I wanna see, and I'm sure EVERYone else does also...

Its just mind boggling to see cats belittle the VERY guys their fav rapper try to HARD to emularte in their music, then to hear the guys that support the phony rappers, just show a blatent disrespect to the Ns that lived that life, and dealt with the consequences like men... Makes no sense. It'd be ONE thing if you locked yourslef in a room and was listenin to Bhamadia & Del, and comin out and sayin that... But you're listenin to William Leonard Roberts play the role of Rick Ross..

I want some insight on THIS logic...

Why are their roles minimized as just a drug dealers?? You guys sound like you work for the police... In Meech's case he ran a decently successful entertainment company... Backed one of the biggest rappers of the last 5 years, heled his debut go platinum, and a week later got locked up... As far as Larry Hoover, to say he was nothin more than a "drug dealer" just shows a clear LACK of knowledge on your part...

You'll support a rapper that perpatrates the role of one of these guys, then speak of the guys who actually lived the life as the sum of the earth...

If you were a Fox News watchin, hip hop hatin, Delores Tucker type that statement would make sense, I'd have no problem with Bill O'reily or Sean Hannity saying that, but you can't seriously listen to hip hop and then talk about the guys in OUR neigborhoods as if their the scum of the earth... That makes absoluetely NO sense, what so ever...

Its OK to listen to, support, and defend Rick Ross, but the VERY guys he shouts out in his song are SCUM that posiened "OUR" communities... Did you come to that conclusion while listenin to William Leanard Roberts, who took on the name Rick Ross (who we all know is famous for)... As I said, if you were Rev Calvin Butts, I couldn't dispute your statement, but you prolly went out and bought a LEGAL copy of Ross's album then turn around and say drug dealers are the worst people walkin this earth...

Help me understand that mindstate... Cause All I see is confusion and contridiction written ALL OVER your response...

When your handicapped +** has no leg to stand on I notice your "crutch" is your go to statements like "Oh you listen to Faux News..." "Oh you must be police". Eff outta here. Nobody is police. Nobody watches Faux News(actually you do if I remember correctly?).

And Big Meech and Larry Hoover f'd with MILLIIONS. F'd up GENERATIONS. Oh but wait. He helped promote a Young Jeezy album so its fine. He's ruined millions of lives but that's fine. He marketed a Young Jeezy album. That is about the dumbest %!% i've ever seen you type. Kids idolize a dude like Meech. If you're a 30 year old man idolizing him? You're a misguided individual.

And I didn't support Rawse. I like Rawse's music. But I like Tears of Joy more than I like BMF. That's just me. I'm not some black activist who's against music that features drug references and what not. I'm huge Jeezy and Clipse fans. Love Devin The Dude. But at the same time i'm not some idiot who idolizes Big Meech and thinks he's some hero because he promoted Young Jeezy. No. Naw hell naw.

When your handicapped +** has no leg to stand on I notice your "crutch" is your go to statements like "Oh you listen to Faux News..." "Oh you must be police". Eff outta here. Nobody is police. Nobody watches Faux News(actually you do if I remember correctly?).
Deffinetly do... As EVERYone in the hip hop should, but you'll rather act surprised when the thoughts displayed on that station face you in real life situations... Furthermore, theres much MORE people that think the way THEY do, so being informed of that is one of the most important weapons you can have as a black man in America... But somethin like that obviously wouldn't resonate to someone who thinks the way you do...
And Big Meech and Larry Hoover f'd with MILLIIONS. F'd up GENERATIONS.
  There's people tht will say that... Those same people thought Tookie should've been execuuted... I guess thats understandable. But Hoover was locked up before BOTH you and I, and more than likely 98% of NT was even born (SAME with Tookie)... So for them to be forced to take the brunt of th blame for a problem that was perpetuated by American soceity to disinegrate the structure of black homes... If that's who YOU feel comfortable placing the blame on... You're entititled to your opinion... But if that's how you feel how could you support rappers that make money off of exploiting those VERY conditions?? ... And whats worse is that stement doesn't register to you, Ive come to find out in our MANY debates... Thats more sad than ANYthing else we'll discuss in this thread...
Oh but wait. He helped promote a Young Jeezy album so its fine. He's ruined millions of lives but that's fine. He marketed a Young Jeezy album. That is about the dumbest %!% i've ever seen you type. Kids idolize a dude like Meech. If you're a 30 year old man idolizing him? You're a misguided individual.

If I were asked who IDOLIZED Meech... First name to come to mind 
Spoiler [+]
fresh-celeb-rick-ross-crooks-and-castles-sunglasses-2-570x381.jpg

The VERY guy you're defending... Which makes you're argument laugable...

Furthermore, the ONLY accounts you're basing Meech's actions off of is what the TRUSTWORTHY gov't says about him... No one's sayin he's a chior boy, or even a savior of sorts, I simply said they were STAND UP guys... Then you guys are just trying to trash their character, saying the EXACT !*!# the DA said about them in court... But I'm the one IDOLIZING them... I have an album named Teflon Don right?? My single is "BMF" right??... That's ME...
eyes.gif

I'm huge Jeezy and Clipse fans.

But Big Meech & Hoover are the scum of the earth??... How does that work...

Would Hoover and Meech have to get productuion from the Neptunes, Shawty Red & J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League in order for them to gain your respect?? Then you'd be a "fan" of them too... But until then their scum right??
But at the same time i'm not some idiot who idolizes Big Meech and thinks he's some hero because he promoted Young Jeezy. No. Naw hell naw.

Again, the ONLY person IDOLIZING Big Meech @ the moment is William Leonard Roberts, who you clearly support...

So YOU tell ME, who's the fool??

Deffinetly do... As EVERYone in the hip hop should, but you'll rather act surprised when the thoughts displayed on that station face you in real life situations... Furthermore, theres much MORE people that think the way THEY do, so being informed of that is one of the most important weapons you can have as a black man in America... But somethin like that obviously wouldn't resonate to someone who thinks the way you do...

I don't know what you're talking about but I don't watch Faux News simply off their racist agenda as proved by the way they've handled this Sherrod issue. They planted garbage into the heads of people who watch that garbage and made her out to be the devil and then when it came out that the tapes were actually edited they tried to run with "Oh we FOOLED YOU GUYS! Jokes on you..." How anyone with half a brain could support such racist banter is beyond me. But to each his own.

There's people tht will say that... Those same people thought Tookie should've been execuuted... I guess thats understandable. But Hoover was locked up before BOTH you and I, and more than likely 98% of NT was even born (SAME with Tookie)... So for them to be forced to take the brunt of th blame for a problem that was perpetuated by American soceity to disinegrate the structure of black homes... If that's who YOU feel comfortable placing the blame on... You're entititled to your opinion... But if that's how you feel how could you support rappers that make money off of exploiting those VERY conditions?? ... And whats worse is that stement doesn't register to you, Ive come to find out in our MANY debates... Thats more sad than ANYthing else we'll discuss in this thread...
No they don't deserve the blame. I'm not blaming Meech or anyone for why our community is riddled with drugs. There were people who killed and sold white long before Meech came around. But that makes it right? What they did makes it right simply because they weren't the 1st to do it?

And I don't support any rapper to be honest. I haven't bought a album since The Cool. Now if you mean how can I download or listen to rappers who speak on selling drugs or murdering? Because i'm of the belief they're not actually doing it. The same way I can watch Scarface and enjoy it. Its entertainment. That's what it should be. It should be entertainment for grown folks who understand its entertainment. Not children who want to emulate it.

If I were asked who IDOLIZED Meech... First name to come to mind 
Spoiler [+]
fresh-celeb-rick-ross-crooks-and-castles-sunglasses-2-570x381.jpg

The VERY guy you're defending... Which makes you're argument laugable...
Furthermore, the ONLY accounts you're basing Meech's actions off of is what the TRUSTWORTHY gov't says about him... No one's sayin he's a chior boy, or even a savior of sorts, I simply said they were STAND UP guys... Then you guys are just trying to trash their character, saying the EXACT !*!# the DA said about them in court... But I'm the one IDOLIZING them... I have an album named Teflon Don right?? My single is "BMF" right??... That's ME...
eyes.gif

What is my argument though? You made a comment that Meech and Hoover were "stand up guys". I said how can you be a stand up guy when you're contributing in destroying our community with poison? Then you're trying to tell me that a guy rapping about selling white is just as bad as someone actually doing it? That's where i'm having a problem with you're reasoning. And yea. I feel like Rick Rawse is a misguided individual. NO doubt.

You make no sense. How in the hell can yo be a stand up guy and sell white? I'm not even speaking on it being illegal. I don't care. He sold that %%% to his people. His OWN people. You think he was in Beverly Hills or the Hamptons sellin' that %%%? Hell no. And you think that's stand up?? He destroyed mothers, children's lives and their children's lives....yet I should commend him for being a stand up guy? Really? Can you please give me a reason how other than bringing up your DA argument or that its because he promoted Young Jeezy that he's a stand up guy? On some real %%% i've never in my life heard anyone including drug dealers themselves consider themselves standup guys. NEVER.

But Big Meech & Hoover are the scum of the earth??... How does that work...

Would Hoover and Meech have to get productuion from the Neptunes, Shawty Red & J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League in order for them to gain your respect?? Then you'd be a "fan" of them too... But until then their scum right??
I didn't say they were scum of the earth. I said they weren't some "stand up" guys like you're portraying. You're portraying them as some innocent children who just made a mistake and didn't know what they were doing. And you think Clipse and Jeezy are on the level of Big Meech and Larry Hoover? Really? Really? You think that's comparable?
Again, the ONLY person IDOLIZING Big Meech @ the moment is William Leonard Roberts, who you clearly support...

So YOU tell ME, who's the fool??
Once again, I don't "support" Rawse but if I did it would be for entertainment purposes. Just like i'd go to the theaters and watch Scarface. I wouldn't be doing it to promote the drug dealing lifestyle. I'd go and see it to watch entertainment.

Yeah I'm cosigning a lot more of what Rocyaie says then Nay...
it's hard for me to say someone like Meech was a stand up guy...Meech did 100 percent more bad then he did good...All for his (and a 100 or so cronies) personal wealth and self-glorification...

I mean, yeah, he started his own label and DVD company or whatever but it was all just to say "Hey! look at me! Where the best drug dealers! So much so that we have Maybachs and we fly helicopters to strip clubs! While we destroy whole families with the !@%$ were doing!" Man $$*@ that.

You know I have certain respect (or maybe more like understanding) for people who have nothing and have no options and can get no jobs and basically have to go out there and get it themselves by any means. I know what that is, and I know it's tough storm to get by. But for a N to dedicate his whole life to hustling and just making millions by doing so much hurt and  not even try to do better...man $$*@ him. That N was running !@%$ for damn near 20 years and his best attempt at getting straight was some %+*!%$%% label that he or no one else took serious....

I respect a N like Jay, who was in the streets and decided to do something better, more than Meech anyday...

As for Ross...He's a clown asss N...but he makes good music and his delusional attitude entertains me ( I also find it hilarious that dude had perfect attendance from his C.O. gig
laugh.gif
...that N was getting mad OT)...

I just don't take this rap !@%$ as serious as others do, I guess. 

(I have some exceptions, though. If I can't respect you as a man. Like I don't $$*@ with R. Kelly because of all that little girl !@%$ (It's not just the tape. I used to $$*@ with a chick from Chi-town that swore on her life that that N used to hang around her high school playground trying to scoop up something.) And if (or when) I find out T.I. snitched I won't $$*@ with him either (As man you take responsibility for your actions.) But a N having a job that conflicts with his so called criminal image? In a entertainment medium? *Sucks Teeth* I could care less..

Originally Posted by Dapper D

it's hard for me to say someone like Meech was a stand up guy...Meech did 100 percent more bad then he did good...All for his (and a 100 or so cronies) personal wealth and self-glorification...

I mean, yeah, he started his own label and DVD company or whatever but it was all just to say "Hey! look at me! Where the best drug dealers! So much so that we have Maybachs and we fly helicopters to strip clubs! While we destroy whole families with the #$*% were doing!" Man @#!+ that.

You know I have certain respect (or maybe more like understanding) for people who have nothing and have no options and can get no jobs and basically have to go out there and get it themselves by any means. I know what that is, and I know it's tough storm to get by. But for a N to dedicate his whole life to hustling and just making millions by doing so much hurt and  not even try to do better...man @#!+ him. That N was running #$*% for damn near 20 years and his best attempt at getting straight was some $***%*!% label that he or no one else took serious....

I respect a N like Jay, who was in the streets and decided to do something better, more than Meech anyday...

As for Ross...He's a clown asss N...but he makes good music and his delusional attitude entertains me ( I also find it hilarious that dude had perfect attendance from his C.O. gig
laugh.gif

I just don't take this rap #$*% as serious as others do, I guess. 

(I have some exceptions, though. If I can't respect you as a man. Like I don't @#!+ with R. Kelly because of all that little girl #$*% (It's not just the tape. I used to @#!+ with a chick from Chi-town that swore on her life that that N used to hang around her high school playground trying to scoop up something.) And if (or when) I find out T.I. snitched I won't @#!+ with him either (As man you take responsibility for your actions.) But a N having a job that conflicts with his so called criminal image? In a entertainment medium? *Sucks Teeth* I could care less..

*insert applause gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Im sorry, I know I said I'm done with this clown but seriously....Did this dude just say Big Meech and Larry Hover are stand up guys?
laugh.gif
Dog you are seriously oblivious to how lame you are

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I mean, yeah, he started his own label and DVD company or whatever but it was all just to say "Hey! look at me! Where the best drug dealers! So much so that we have Maybachs and we fly helicopters to strip clubs! While we destroy whole families with the !@%$ were doing!" Man $$*@ that.

You know I have certain respect (or maybe more like understanding) for people who have nothing and have no options and can get no jobs and basically have to go out there and get it themselves by any means. I know what that is, and I know it's tough storm to get by. But for a N to dedicate his whole life to hustling and just making millions by doing so much hurt and  not even try to do better...man $$*@ him. That N was running !@%$ for damn near 20 years and his best attempt at getting straight was some %+*!%$%% label that he or no one else took serious....

laugh.gif

I just don't take this rap !@%$ as serious as others do, I guess. 

(I have some exceptions, though. If I can't respect you as a man. Like I don't $$*@ with R. Kelly because of all that little girl !@%$ (It's not just the tape. I used to $$*@ with a chick from Chi-town that swore on her life that that N used to hang around her high school playground trying to scoop up something.) And if (or when) I find out T.I. snitched I won't $$*@ with him either (As man you take responsibility for your actions.) But a N having a job that conflicts with his so called criminal image? In a entertainment medium? *Sucks Teeth* I could care less..
pimp.gif
I can respect a dude hustling to a certain extent. But that's the easy way out. And Meech and them BMF dudes were dumb. They basically told everyone they were drug dealers and still didn't caught. Real smart guys. Makes you wonder what they could've done had put that genius into being a doctor or scientist. Stand up dude? HARDLY. That's the most ridiculous statement i've ever heard someone say regarding a drug dealer. A drug dealer wouldn't even say that @+@.

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Im sorry, I know I said I'm done with this clown but seriously....Did this dude just say Big Meech and Larry Hover are stand up guys?
laugh.gif
Dog you are seriously oblivious to how lame you are
Nay means well.
laugh.gif
He just fails miserably at it. You gotta remember though he use to consider himself "Official Street Cat". He's trying to play up to that image. And its usually funny when he does. But in this case I can't laugh at such stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom