THE OFFICIAL TEAM POSITE THREAD

Originally Posted by foampOZites

39a36e464c636d0b535eb9b204cd0528547cd751.pjpg
gary payton on NT ?

I am so pissed, I wish I picked up doubles of the Eggplants because an NTer just offered me a trade for some Royals, but he wants my eggplants and another pairand I just don't know if I can let go of them, I love them so much

lol i think i may have got that from u brian, can't remember.....

posite fiend - store near my job has the black foamdomes still, pretty sure a FSR too. the only problem is that they STILL trying to get retail, hopefully theygo on sale/clearance soon because i'm waiting to find a pair for cheap cheap during the spring/summer for next winter.

roll.gif
yall got me dyin here at work. you look like 80% of DC right now foampOZite, purple city byrd gang type #!# right now
smh.gif

gotkickz105 i hate you. doing it i thought i was with my 2 pairs of royal pennys lol

These shoes were so underated just a few months ago with people practically giving them away. Now I have to spend close to 3 bills to cop a pair! Argh!

i remember finding a listing on this site for a almost near ds pair of the all black foams for $120!!!!!!!! I need me some all black foamz!

Heres what I posted regarding them up in the Nike forum...

IMO, these are a prototype used by Nike to understand and learn the properties (both functionally and aesthetically) of foamposite.

Going from leather/canvas/nylon uppers to a molded polyurethane upper isn't the kind of thing that would go directly from paper to a marketed piece offootwear. Precedent in the design and production process would be set with a technology like posite, probably requiring a little extra R&D...

The shoe lacks any real aesthetic design components and is purely utilitarian also lending credence to them being a posite paradigm...

Posite itself, took inspiration from "foam in place" technology that's found in automotive seating and packaging, as well as the concept ofhaving a r. angle lateral support wall coming up from the base of the shoe... one can see a resemblance from the aforementioned being implemented into thediscussed shoe w/varying thicknesses, strap-esq fit system etc...

Any other info. is greatly appreciated!

... I'd imagine these are the rarest Foams in this thread...

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

Originally Posted by Black Star

Originally Posted by bert739

65726334760c713277c483bb9dd1d8142654f710.pjpg

Definately didnt notice the K on em during the dunk contest
Freakin grail status.These are awesome.I almost yelled when I saw them.
I'm a Proud New Yorker... These are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sprite-slam-dunk.jpg
they goin for 3G's on ebay right now

Originally Posted by manposite

Heres what I posted regarding them up in the Nike forum...

IMO, these are a prototype used by Nike to understand and learn the properties (both functionally and aesthetically) of foamposite.

Going from leather/canvas/nylon uppers to a molded polyurethane upper isn't the kind of thing that would go directly from paper to a marketed piece of footwear. Precedent in the design and production process would be set with a technology like posite, probably requiring a little extra R&D...

The shoe lacks any real aesthetic design components and is purely utilitarian also lending credence to them being a posite paradigm...

Posite itself, took inspiration from "foam in place" technology that's found in automotive seating and packaging, as well as the concept of having a r. angle lateral support wall coming up from the base of the shoe... one can see a resemblance from the aforementioned being implemented into the discussed shoe w/varying thicknesses, strap-esq fit system etc...

Any other info. is greatly appreciated!

... I'd imagine these are the rarest Foams in this thread...

j/k...i know some of the younger NT'ers are gonna be dumbfounded with your words though
laugh.gif

much thanks for the info though, its great to see where a shoe's design starts and how its transformed into the final product especially on a shoe like thefoamposite one and all it's "offspring"....groundbreaking is putting it lightly when i think back to the first time i saw them. it was straight
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

that is definitely a very rare shoe nonetheless but thank god those stayed as prototypes
sick.gif
......but makes me cherish my foams that much more!!
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom