The Official Tennessee NT'er Post **Southern Takeover**

Originally Posted by 1Deep

Originally Posted by victorjames

Yep...lease was up.Nothing more,nothing less.We wanted to stay.And made plans to.Thats about all I care to say on it.Especially since this is an open forum.Business is business.

Opening Murfreesboro is not the reason HH closed.We hope to have that location open by Monday and look forward to servicing Murfreesboro and surrounding areas.

If you need anything feel free to PM me or check me out in store.Follow me on Twitter/VICJAMESphotog

We had a good run in the mall and I had hoped the old Bell Forge location could have opened back up.Thanks for all your years of business.
Are Da Same People Gonna Be In Da Murfreesboro Store Or Are Dere Gonna Be New People?

Some of the same...I think same management.

The Murf SS will be located in the Oaks shopping plaza next to Bed,Bath and Beyond.They have taken over the previous spot held by RackRoom shoes.

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by johngotty

I think it's not that hard to make educated guesses on why SS moved.

1. Hickory Hollow has been declining for a long time now. While...

2. M'boro has been steady growing and is still a wide open market when you look at the shops their currently.

i can see that...esp how HH has fallen off...was jus so damn convenient....but biz is biz, $ 1st
preciate the update vic....looks like i'll be out in rivergate more often
I like the move to M'boro b/c it puts it in a free-standing space instead of a mall. Half the time I didn't even want to go into HH anymore (even though SS had a real convenient entrance point). I stay around Smyrna so the drive distance isn't that different but I can see where that Harding Place to HH crowd will have to really drive in order to go to the new location.

And on a different tangent, HH pretty much shot themselves in the foot IMO. I don't know the rent prices now but I know several years ago they were crazy high. With the lack of anchor stores and foot traffic now, I don't know if they dropped the rent to match or not but I doubt it would be substantial enough to keep certain stores there.

I think Vic and I talked about it a few weeks ago at Rivergate and like I told him, competition in M'boro is nonexistent. To my knowledge, no stores there really get the same products as SS does. Hibbetts, Champs, FNL all get pretty boring stock.

Of course, none of this is fact. Solely my opinion.

^Yeah...Hickory Hollow Basically Killed Itself N Soon Itll Be Dead N Really Itll Be Sad Ta See It Go...Buh Like Dey Say...All Gud Things Must Come Ta A End

Btw...Gotty Yu Fareal? Yu Stay Round Smyrna?

^Yeah...Hickory Hollow Basically Killed Itself N Soon Itll Be Dead N Really Itll Be Sad Ta See It Go...Buh Like Dey Say...All Gud Things Must Come Ta A End

Yep. I've lived in several diff spots over the past decade but been out this way for a few years now. It's quiet
laugh.gif

Yep. I've lived in several diff spots over the past decade but been out this way for a few years now. It's quiet
laugh.gif

Bruh Yu Stay Right Next Ta Me!

I think it's not that hard to make educated guesses on why SS moved.

1. Hickory Hollow has been declining for a long time now. While...

2. M'boro has been steady growing and is still a wide open market when you look at the shops their currently.

i can see that...esp how HH has fallen off...was jus so damn convenient....but biz is biz, $ 1st
preciate the update vic....looks like i'll be out in rivergate more often
I like the move to M'boro b/c it puts it in a free-standing space instead of a mall. Half the time I didn't even want to go into HH anymore (even though SS had a real convenient entrance point). I stay around Smyrna so the drive distance isn't that different but I can see where that Harding Place to HH crowd will have to really drive in order to go to the new location.

And on a different tangent, HH pretty much shot themselves in the foot IMO. I don't know the rent prices now but I know several years ago they were crazy high. With the lack of anchor stores and foot traffic now, I don't know if they dropped the rent to match or not but I doubt it would be substantial enough to keep certain stores there.

I think Vic and I talked about it a few weeks ago at Rivergate and like I told him, competition in M'boro is nonexistent. To my knowledge, no stores there really get the same products as SS does. Hibbetts, Champs, FNL all get pretty boring stock.

Of course, none of this is fact. Solely my opinion.

pretty much my ordeal.....  

NT fam....I'm headed to Memphis this weekend--any good shoe spots to check out while I'm there?

How's the Nike Clearance Store there? Worth a trip?

Appreciate it.

q- its a few spots on gallatin rd that do custom paint jobs...

memphis nike clearance and emp store are always a crap shoot....better off hittin shoes stores in the malls, i'd def try green hills
southland and raliegh mall usually has some leftover goodies (shoe wise)

^no prob...and as far those last 2 mall named, you'll rly only find kicks.......thet aint got #!%* else to be honest

^no prob...and as far those last 2 mall named, you'll rly only find kicks.......thet aint got #!%* else to be honest
All I need. Not like I buy anything except Nike tees and white tees
laugh.gif

The Clearance Store surprisingly had a few gems here and there, but you definitely had to literally look at EVERY box in the place lol. I found quite a few mislabeled boxes, so if you went by what the box label said, you missed out on something good.

Ended up picking up the kids some back-to-school kicks/gear and grabbed a pair of the Black/White Blazer SBs for myself. Been wanting a basic pair of kicks, so for $28, I couldn't pass them up.

SMH at the reseller up in there though. Duke had a shopping cart full of Kobes and a few pair of LBJ 8s....bastard.

The employee store < the Memphis clearance store 
laugh.gif
. My wife scored but I couldn't find anything worth buying there. I grabbed a pair of MacLeays (sp) and two others from the clearance store. That 30% came in superhandy. 

checking in...It's been a minute, but just wanted to show my TN Fam love from Chicago. let the northern migration begin.... Hurry up B!

Back
Top Bottom