The Official Wale Thread: Ambitions in Stores 11.1.11

I just heard clappers. This is one of the worst songs I've heard in a long long time, and that Wale verse is the epitome of trash. This wont even touch my computer to make it into the recycle bin.

Wale lost. He had a week all to himself and only sold 150k? who cares if he got the #1 spot. He lost.

What's wrong with rap music now.

Who cares how much he sold.

How many rappers are even coming out with albums, much less selling 150. How many records did you sell?

Last edited:
What's wrong with rap music now.

Who cares how much he sold.

How many rappers are even coming out with albums, much less selling 150. How many records did you sell?

What rapper doesn't care record sales? record sales determine the budget for your next album and in a way your release date. Especially being on a major, you better pay attention to record sales...

Wale lost. He had a week all to himself and only sold 150k? who cares if he got the #1 spot. He lost.
This will get logged into the category of hate by most wale fans but their is sum legitimacy in your point. But being a local i feel like i gotta give credit where credit is due, He can now say i had a #1 album cant take that away from slim

This will get logged into the category of hate by most wale fans but their is sum legitimacy in your point. But being a local i feel like i gotta give credit where credit is due, He can now say i had a #1 album cant take that away from slim

Nah no hate here, I'm a fan of him music not so much of his personality.

Yeah clappers is pretty terrible. The only song I would just delete off the album. Well that and the song with neyo.

Nah no hate here, I'm a fan of him music not so much of his personality.

Which is hate, because you don't know his personality.

What rapper doesn't care record sales? record sales determine the budget for your next album and in a way your release date. Especially being on a major, you better pay attention to record sales...

If YOU don't get a dollar off a record, why do you care what someone else sold? So your post was out of concern for Wale?

A album budget has nothing to do producing a good album.
Jeezy was a platinum artist and still couldn't put out an album, because expectations are also higher when you're a platinum artist.
A flop is when a lot of money and promotion is put in to an album and it doesn't meet expectations. Not when the label knows a artist is going to do 400-600.
Rick Ross gets marketed like the big boys and hasn't had a platinum album yet.

In the 80's and 90's, people didn't care about who sold what, the music is what mattered and people make good music on indie labels.

Why do people keep bringing up his peronality. I dont think so many people are anti Wale because hes a jerk. He could be the nicest guy on earth, doesnt change the fact that this music is horrendous. Absolutely terrible.

Last edited:
Which is hate, because you don't know his personality.
If YOU don't get a dollar off a record, why do you care what someone else sold? So your post was out of concern for Wale?

A album budget has nothing to do producing a good album.
Jeezy was a platinum artist and still couldn't put out an album, because expectations are also higher when you're a platinum artist.
A flop is when a lot of money and promotion is put in to an album and it doesn't meet expectations. Not when the label knows a artist is going to do 400-600.
Rick Ross gets marketed like the big boys and hasn't had a platinum album yet.

In the 80's and 90's, people didn't care about who sold what, the music is what mattered and people make good music on indie labels.

News flash! This isn't the 80s or 90s and numbers matter nowadays, you can have nostalgia if you want but that's not gonna get you anywhere. As far as Wale's personality, I follow him on Twitter we all know how he acts, so stop. How can you say an album budget has nothing to do with producing a good album? If I'm an R&B singer who doesn't write my own music, a larger album budget could get me a Rico Love or Dream song instead of a Tank song. What I'm saying is if I'm Wale, hell yea im concerned about sales becasue if he does numbers this album he will get a larger budget for his next, which means better producers and better features and better promotion...

News flash! This isn't the 80s or 90s and numbers matter nowadays, you can have nostalgia if you want but that's not gonna get you anywhere. As far as Wale's personality, I follow him on Twitter we all know how he acts, so stop. How can you say an album budget has nothing to do with producing a good album? If I'm an R&B singer who doesn't write my own music, a larger album budget could get me a Rico Love or Dream song instead of a Tank song. What I'm saying is if I'm Wale, hell yea im concerned about sales becasue if he does numbers this album he will get a larger budget for his next, which means better producers and better features and better promotion...

No ****, it's not the 80's and 90's, that's why a lot of the music sucks. One of the reasons is the fan.

And a album budget has nothing to do with producing a good album. I know this as a fact. Indie artist with limited budgets produce good albums all the time. Most people like mixtapes more than albums, and how much do you think they spend putting a mixtape together?

How many albums did Killer Mike and El P sell with R.A.P. music?

And the point is, you are not Wale. So unless you are him, why would you say he lost? Who's bank account has more in it?

You know what he post on twitter so you know him :rofl:

Are you 14? Because no adult should say something like that. So if I follow Rihanna on twitter I know her :lol:

Why do people keep bringing up his peronality. I dont think so many people are anti Wale because hes a jerk. He could be the nicest guy on earth, doesnt change the fact that this music is horrendous. Absolutely terrible.

:lol: Ok

MAgic you fanboying if you dont admit wale's past is stricken with sum cases of H** S*** im just sayin. 

Last edited:
Say that again in english.
Wale has done some things that make him look like a cornball. Image is a big part of musical likability now days. Unfortunately for wale sum things he does away from music detract sum wud b fans from listening to him.

How much did you expect him to sell then, since selling 150k first week is 'losing'? For a rapper not named Jay, Kanye, Drake, Kendrick, or Cole, 150k first week is pretty damn good. That's more than ASAP Rocky, 2 Chainz, Tyler the Creator, Mac Miller, and a lot of other dudes with good buzz.

His last album sold about the same first week, but over time ended up going Gold. First week sales don't mean that much if you have solid radio singles that can give the album longevity.

Last edited:
Wale has done some things that make him look like a cornball. Image is a big part of musical likability now days. Unfortunately for wale sum things he does away from music detract sum wud b fans from listening to him.

And exactly why should I care about any of that?

What does that have to do with the music?

I don't give a **** about dudes personal lives. That's what women do. I have my own life to lead.

I never seen so many people that give a **** about album sales.... What the hell ever happened to you either liking the album or not... Do dudes buy albums because a artist sold alot or do you listen because you want to ? Music got beast to I guess.... As much as I love music I have never seen or heard so many people give a **** about a artists album sales until NT... Dudes counting artist money like ******* ... **** is either weak or it ain't .. I don't care how much they sold

I never seen so many people that give a **** about album sales.... What the hell ever happened to you either liking the album or not... Do dudes buy albums because a artist sold alot or do you listen because you want to ? Music got beast to I guess.... As much as I love music I have never seen or heard so many people give a **** about a artists album sales until NT... Dudes counting artist money like ******* ... **** is either weak or it ain't .. I don't care how much they sold

That's a recent development with the internet and rap fans. I only see that on message boards concerning rap. I really wish rap fans and the music would mature as society ages. Especially since with the prevalence of downloading sales are virtually irrelevant. I could understand if this was 2000 when everyone was going gold and platinum.

And exactly why should I care about any of that?

What does that have to do with the music?

I don't give a **** about dudes personal lives. That's what women do. I have my own life to lead.
keep up genius i was merely giving you a different perspective. It doesnt hav to necessarily go along with how u choose to pick what music you enjoy. No ones trying to get you to sway ur opinion on wale. Does homie pay your rent or sumthing? ur going to bat 4 Mr. Folarin

Last edited:
keep up genius i was merely giving you a different perspective. It doesnt hav to necessarily go along with how u choose to pick what music you enjoy. No ones trying to get you to sway ur opinion on wale. Does homie pay your rent or sumthing? ur going to bat 4 Mr. Folarin

I'm going to bat, because the only thing I care about is the music and not his personal life or what he said on twitter?

I think you have it twisted. :lol:

I'm just gonna say its funny how people in here equating album sales to how good an album is.

First week numbers of Lil Wayne's last two albums were what?

And they both were trash.

Back
Top Bottom