The Official Wale Thread: Ambitions in Stores 11.1.11

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

[h1][/h1]
[color= rgb(255, 153, 255)]Rick Ross has more charisma in his beard than Wale does in his entire body[/color], up-and-coming Philadelphia rapper Meek Mill has settled in as Ross' right-hand man and Ohio import Stalley seems to be the designated backpacker.
That means Wale's left without a role, again, and you can hear that confusion on his new album.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
damn

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

[h1][/h1]
[color= rgb(255, 153, 255)]Rick Ross has more charisma in his beard than Wale does in his entire body[/color], up-and-coming Philadelphia rapper Meek Mill has settled in as Ross' right-hand man and Ohio import Stalley seems to be the designated backpacker.
That means Wale's left without a role, again, and you can hear that confusion on his new album.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
damn

eek.gif

gotdamn

album grew on me. deleted all the R & B songs, big R & B fan, just didnt like any of the songs. Songs like Miami Nights should have never made the album. Put Bait, Bad Girls Club, or Tats On My Arms over that anyday. Generous 7.5/10

"Instead, the 27-year-old fills up his sophomore album with rhymes that are easier to follow and beats that are easy to forget."

That's really the template for the majority of mainstream albums coming out now though. So much for somebody confusing Wale's
identity crisis for him "being versatile" or whatever
laugh.gif

As far as the Big Sean sales comparison, I'm really not sure, cause Sean had way more radio buzz than J.Cole, but Cole sold nearly
3 times as much first week. Maybe Wale will find some medium between 87K and 214K, so I'll lean closer to 87K and go with 101K

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

[h1][/h1]
That means Wale's left without a role, again, and you can hear that confusion on his new album

Right. Because this kid's opinion from BusinessInsider.com will certainly be taken in to account while listening to the album...
grin.gif

33k69z4.jpg

Wale on track to do 170 to 190 k

MMG winnin
Wale’s quite heavily buzzed sophomore disc Ambition is on course to move as many as 170-190k copies in the first week, according to Hits Daily Double. You must be as surprised as we are. It is a huge improvement over his debut Attention Deficit which only sold 28k in the opening 7 days. Congratulations go out to the MMG / Warner rapper

http://hiphop-n-more.com/2011/11/wale-ambition-first-week-sales-projections/

despite reviews the numbers dont lie. so as long as the man sells...i guess he will be fine.

Those two articles are brutal, son compared him to the ******** and Wizards. Almost passed out from laughing. I haven't read a positive review of this album yet.

predicting 140-180 maybe, "No Hands" did wonders for his career.

I like the album as a whole, I commend Wale for doing his thing and getting it to shelves

I dont think it's a "Classic" or at least to me its not. I think he could have put songs like Tats on my Arm and others that people have mentioned from 11.1.11 theory and it could be alot closer.

Personally, My least favorite thing about it are some of the beats. I think, like some others have said as well,  they were beats Ross didnt want, and for good reason. DONT TAKE THEM LEFTOVERS WALE!!
laugh.gif

Good !+$% tho overall, keep doing your thing Wale and keep repping NT 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wale, the D.C.-based hip-hop artist who was dropped from Interscope after his 2009 debut, Attention Deficit, and signed to rapper Rick Ross’ Maybach Music Groupimprint at WB, turns out to be the real surprise. First-week estimates from those retailers around the country who haven’t shut down and reopened as Herman Caincampaign headquarters, peg his sophomore albumAmbition, to sell between 170-190k, which puts him in the hunt for a red-hot November debut.

i can never hate Wale and a fellow NT'er. but seeing that maybach music group is the label has automatically turned me away from this LP. i understand people need to get their material out to the masses and MMG is probably the best situation to make that happen. i just sense his musical integrity going downhill in the future. i HOPE that he's got say in what HE puts out, and not some lame +%* like rick ross says he should be on. major, MAJOR congrats to wale though.

Since this NT where the majority of people hate Wale...i cant even take this seriously, both those articles sound like a bunch of hate and completely biased...dudes album is dope as hell, album of the year imo

tats on my arm is JUST a bonus song? who thought that bone head move was a good idea? 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

that track got potential to blow up like imma boss did..meek made that track damn near 10 months ago and it started catchin fire LATE..so late in fact

that they actually shot another video just to satisfy da demand.

Back
Top Bottom