The Official What does Converse do now thread.

Okay, so you're Converse...you just lost Dwyane Wade to another company inside your parent company, what's next? You've just freed up Millions ofdollars from a contract on a player that wasn't wearing his previous signature shoe, what's next? To quote Johnny Cash, "Get Tough or Die."

NT take it and run with it, what would you do if you were Converse?

my question is what happens to the other players that Converse has under contract. Jameer, Kirk and the rest? Do they stick with Converse, or do they end updefecting to other brands? Is Converse going to leave the realm of performance basketball footwear?

Go at the college level. Im sure many other sports just not college bball would love a sponsor like converse.

keep pumpin' out chucks
pimp.gif

It seems to me that Nike wanted to destroy Converse anyway. They got rid of one of their competitors, pilfered the talent, then ruined the company and theirreputation. I remember reading a story that Converse reps were saying that all of the fancy shoes that companies were making, were ruining peoples feet. Thiswas before Converse being bought by Nike. What SHOULD happen is Larry Bird, Magic and The Doctor should find a way to get Converse back from Nike, then makingit a viable brand again. A lot of people were actually pissed the Nike had bought Converse, diehard fans that were against the marketing and pomp of nike.

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

It seems to me that Nike wanted to destroy Converse anyway. They got rid of one of their competitors, pilfered the talent, then ruined the company and their reputation. I remember reading a story that Converse reps were saying that all of the fancy shoes that companies were making, were ruining peoples feet. This was before Converse being bought by Nike. What SHOULD happen is Larry Bird, Magic and The Doctor should find a way to get Converse back from Nike, then making it a viable brand again. A lot of people were actually pissed the Nike had bought Converse, diehard fans that were against the marketing and pomp of nike.
I'm actually a little pissed as well. But, thats on them.

I've seen their new SkateBoard line and its looking positive.

They had some success with Wade, it wasn't a complete and utter failure. It's just like anything else. Fire is hot, so don't get too close or youwill burn yourself. You make a mistake, figure out what you did wrong and avoid doing that in the future. They'll probably sign a marquee player and workclosely with the guy to figure out what kind of shoe he wants. And they'll probably put out numerous models to make sure the released version looks good.

Back
Top Bottom