The Official Zoom Kobe II Thread-

"Seriously"

Well, I saw the Black/Maize ZK1's, quite a few of them I might add, out at Woodbury Commons, for 34.99.

I also saw them at Jimmy Jazz months ago, full size run, for 19.99.

So......yeah! Black and Yellow shoes don't do well here, or many other places on the East Coast from what I understand, so as I said, I'll wait for the RTV....then try them on.

But quite honestly, the only colorway I dug, are the ones they are not releasing in the States.

Whoever is running Nike Basketball right now, is a 'genius'.
"I don't want nobody, to give me nothin'! Open up the door, I'll get it myself..."

James Brown

Crazy EBW ---

I'm not sure if your comment about the black/maize ZK2's was about my comment...

...but all i was trying to say was sometimes, people don't want the same colorway of a sig shoe. I donno if other people do this, but when I buy a sneaker, i try to buy the colorway that has the most meaning behind it

for instance, the ZK1 black/maize colorway were the debut shoe, so i had to pick those up.

same reason why people wanted the white/purple ZK1's cause that was when Kobe got 81.

Am i the only one that picks colorways like that or do ya'll do that too???

i think ppl wanted the wht/prpl colorway cause that was the only home colorway that may have been available closest to the lakers. the only other wht available were the wannabe all stars and the fins; he never wore the wht/red/blk and barely wore the fins. it's kinda tough on some ppl to wear the blk/maize or blk/prpl w/ their home yllw or wht jerseys. and sure...frobe wearing the wht/prpl/blk in his 81 pt game made ppl want that more...but, if he wore any of the other colorways that were availalbe to the public, those would have went off the shelves...no matter what the price was...msrp or outlet price.

Quote:
I'm not sure if your comment about the black/maize ZK2's was about my comment...

...but all i was trying to say was sometimes, people don't want the same colorway of a sig shoe. I donno if other people do this, but when I buy a sneaker, i try to buy the colorway that has the most meaning behind it

for instance, the ZK1 black/maize colorway were the debut shoe, so i had to pick those up.

same reason why people wanted the white/purple ZK1's cause that was when Kobe got 81.

Am i the only one that picks colorways like that or do ya'll do that too??? ...

the whole point of a signature shoe is to be able to have what the player actually wears on the court.

i honestly dont know why they have kobe wearing and are going to release that home laker colourway. they wont appeal to anyone outside of cali. the white/black/purple are much more appealing and closely resemble the 81 point game colourway. the black/maize is really nice though. overall,im just glad kobe is actualyl wearing shoes that us regular people can go to the store and buy,thats how all sig shoes should be.limit the PEs to like,once a month or the playoffs or something. it was ridiculous last yr how kobe barely wore GR colours.
______
WE GROWN.

I'm going to wear two pair of socks tomorrow and see if the problem persists. I'm really hoping it doesn't, because this could be the only downfall of the shoe. Wheres Billy Holye with his awesome methods when you nee him?!
excuse me, miss
Team KixAndTheCity Step your shoe game up kid.

^^^EB, what are you going to do if the double socking doesn't work...im going to wait a couple days till my achilles pain and redness goes away and then ill try the double socking thing...

Much love to shaqrules for hooking me today. I can't to get mine next week. I will be on the court the day they arrive. All I've heard is good. Can't wait for the Laker colorway !!! C O O K # 4 5

Like I said earlier I TRIPLED my crew socks and had the same achilles problem. The only thing I can think of is sending thm back to Nike or cutting part of the shoe. Obviously I'd rather send them back, but it is unbearable to play in.
ADDING SOCKS DOES NOT HELP.
"What doesn't kill you, only makes you more baller."

<crosses fingers> i really hope the all-star colourway or some sort of Bred colourway drops....

I have the same problems as Wizzy and King and Duck, the pain is unbearable to play in, it is throbbing right now...

Way too stiff around the ankle area, theres no give at all so it constricts the movement, even with the strap loose. I'm so disappointed, I've been waiting for these shoes and this crap happens.
TeamLakersMember #24
4L8O15S16T23!42

id love to see the black/maize AZK1 for 19.99 or 34.99, ive been looking for a new 2nd pair, man its finally April 1st, only 18 more days........SMH
TeamLakersMember #8 for Loyalty

^^^this is getting ridiculous...i have skinny ankles for anyone who probably will ask this question next...im 5'10", 167 pounds, i work out a lot...play bball about 3 times a week...im a slasher, guard...i have essentially every air jordan (except the xxii's), i have the 2k4's, 2k5's, azk1's and now the 2's...this is the first shoe i have ever had that im disappointed with due to the fit...the shoe did break in around the foot, but the achilles area is totally messed up...there shouldn't be plastic that high up on the back...i think its a design flaw and for all you people not having problems, that doesn't minimize the people who are having problems...this problem should have been eliminated by nike play testers...i can't imagine people did not complain about this problem...i bet nike was too far along in the production of this shoe when people were complaining and knew that this would definitely alter the design significantly so they just went ahead with the production...its total BS because i can't even wear this frickin' shoe to play...you shouldn't have to double, triple, quadruple your socks to eliminate a problem...there shouldn't be a problem like this in the first place...especially with a sig shoe costing $130...

^^Well that should further push these zkII's to the outlets quicker. Excellent.
HOUSTON ROCKETS
LOS ANGELES LAKERS

^ :lol:
laugh.gif
HOUSTON ROCKETS
LOS ANGELES LAKERS

If the double socks don't help the problem, i'm just gonna have to either keep wearing them until the problem isn't there, or give up. I'm not gonna give up just after two wearings. Maybe someone will have a method to help out as well. Either way, the Strengths should still be great because the back isn't the same but still have the same overall technology.
excuse me, miss
Team KixAndTheCity Step your shoe game up kid.

Kobe may not have this ankle/achilles issue because he was he ankles taped up so much he doesn't even feel it. Maybe Kobe has altered pair because when he first started wearing the shoe on Christmas he didn't have the strap on. I haven't played in them yet so I wouldn't know about the problem, I use mine for casual use.

Anyone cut off the strap???

I love the tongue, but the stap covers it.

Im gonna play in mine tomorrow so I will chime in on the achiles issue.
other than that... just be humble

ive played in the shoes for many many hours with no strain to my achilles at all.

i think you'd have to try them on your own. some ppl say diff things. for me, they are the same as the zki, just the upper is more wrapped around the foot; more snug.

Back
Top Bottom