The Official Zoom Kobe II Thread-

^sauceking, here's your comparison:
AZK 1:
-inner bootie from mid-foot to front of shoe
AZK 2:
-inner bootie from heel to toe (and more room above toes)
AZK 1:
-top of shoe fits just above ankle and loose at achilles
AZK 2:
-top of shoe fits kinda like a high-top, and is very snug at the achilles and secure at the top.
AZK 1:
-forefoot zoom air pretty low to the court
AZK 2:
-forefoot zoom air (which I am pretty sure that it is not full length if you poke around the insole) is very close to the court.
AZK 1:
-close to a half size big
AZK 2:
-(for me) close to a half size big

AZK 2: beware the achilles area, WHEN YOU BUY THIS SHOE make sure the inner bootie sticks above the top of the shoe in back, at least by 2/8 of an inch.
"What doesn't kill you, only makes you more baller."

strength2_1024x768.jpg

strength3_1024x768.jpg
strength4_1024x768.jpg

strength6_1024x768.jpg

^Thank you shox2001.
Yes, simply beautiful. I can't wait til these come out. Looks like a perfect shoe for me.
release date is ____?
"What doesn't kill you, only makes you more baller."

QUICK QUESTION GUYS~~

I dont get paid till friday.....do u think a size 13 will be gone, and i will never get my hands on a paid of blk/mze ?????? and will there be more to come?????

King and Duck, much appreciated. Im trying to get a hook up for the Asia Exclusives and live in Canada, so I won't be able to try em on for awhile and I need to give my hook up an answer about sizing quick so thanks again.

this post is getting longer. can anyone pleae lead me to the page where the asian exclusives are shown? thanks!

You know, it's really unfortunate that people are having that sort of problem, "achilles", with a supposedly a high performance shoe. Damn shame, I hope you guys figure out a way to fix that issue.

*Side note:

Why is it that people separate JORDAN from NIKE, when it comes to issues in the inner city, but when it is brought up that Jordan can actually LEAVE Nike, people love to say that they are one and the same? If were not for Jordan, Nike would fall flat on its face!

Back on topic:

I also heard that these shoes flex in the arch area, isn't that suposed to be a problem?? How do the wearers feel about that?
"I don't want nobody, to give me nothin'! Open up the door, I'll get it myself..."

James Brown

I had a similar problem with the Shox Leapers. It wore off some of the skin on my foot in the achilles tendon. If the Kobe 2's have this problem, then damn. I wanted them, they looked great for performance.

GOPHERS TIMBERWOLVES TWINS VIKINGS

patent leather toe on the strengths is ILL..........we only seeing one colorway of the strengths?
TeamLakersMember #8 for Loyalty

strengths are nicee!! anyone think kobe will wear the strengths or lites come playoff time?? maybe a new shoe for each round 1st, 2nd, WCF? i can dream, can't I? :wow:
eek.gif
..The[ Kobe ]Show..
..24/7..​

how's the fit on these? true to size? or go down half a size like the 2k4, 2k5 and zk1? thanks.
... just do it ...

I wore my ZKIIs to the movies yesterday and it was rubbing against just left of my achillis on my right foot. It was very uncomfortable. When I got home I noticed that the inner bootie had a lot of excess stiching on that side compared to the other side...that compiled with the bootie and a nother piece of neoprene type fabric that is connected to the shoe overlapping at that point really made the rubbing worse IMO. I trimmed the extra sticking off becaue i honestly don't car if the bootie were to unravel a little, and I felt like it helped. It still rubs a little, but it is much better. I think there may also be another part of the problem, which is that the diamonds on the out side heal of the shoe look like a weak point in the shoe. The shoe gets creases along the center of the diamonds, which can cause the shoe to crease and push inward. I think the foamposite typr material on the heal is supposed to help the shoe from collapsing, but it does not keep the shoe from creasing on the sides.

This shoe could have been great, but I honestly would not be surprised if there was a recall. I would never ball in these...I would pick up another pair of ZK1s instead of using these because I don't want to permently jack up my feet.

Sounds like the Kobe 2's have a lot of problems already...

I think the Strengths will be a lot better because I don't think they have the same problem with the heel area, so maybe the Strengths are better shoes to ball in.

Also, someone wanted to know other colorways of the Strengths. On page 1 of this post, there's a picture of the Strengths in black with a tan accent on the bottom.

I'm not sure what Kobe will wear towards the end of the season / the playoffs. I'm sure Nike wants him to start wearing the Strengths, but there's also the White/Purple/Black PE's that he hasn't worn yet. Plus, he might want to wear the Asia's or the black strengths too. He might wear a different shoe for every game of the playoffs. Hopefully, they'll beat San Antonio so Kobe can wear the Strengths for more games.

but if u wear two pair of socks, doesn't it defeat the purpose of good ventilation in the Kobe II. and wouldn't u have quite a bit of slippage too

I would have prefered the PE version of the Sheath, but the Strength looks great too. I don,t mind the midfoot strap. I have some other shoes with a midfoot strap and I think it really improves the fit. Patent leather toe is better than the suede/nubuck toe imo.
-T

Wanted (10): The Kobe (playoffs), Nike Zoom 2k3 (any white based colorway)

Back
Top Bottom