The Official Zoom Kobe II Thread-

www.anthonyxgilbert.com/a...obetwo.htmed this revolution that is now at its peak. Man they could go on after the Air Jordan XXIII but I will not buy a Jordan XXIV if they make itI'm sorry Gentry, I cant do that. I would cop some retro's for OG's sake to be able to rock them. But I will say it now Vulkan The Krusader is done copping Jays after the XXIII! Its just I feel that no more should be done, Mike himself would be proud of the line. The shift from where it was to where it isto be truthful kids nowadays just front on the fact that they were a part of the original movement. Lets keep it real. Its time to move on to something new! Something now! Something that is slowly to me, becoming the special feeling I had when I was a kiddie (mind you I'm 25 now). Some of you might think this is blasphemy to say this and even to think about it.

Hold on to your kicks and fitteds when you read this..."The Zoom Kobe Line is the Next Jordan line". Yes I said it, save this and send it to your friends and tell them I said it. Put this on blast on any online board, any magazine , and media outlet. I really believe this for right now when I grab these shoes I feel the same way when I first grabbed my first pair of Jordan's. The Air Jordan XI was the gateway shoe for my addiction and one of my fondest childhood memories when I bought it for 89.99 at a footlocker on sale and people were making fun of me for rocking "tuxedo shoes". Today I got in the Zoom Kobe II strength ORCAS (which I have the honor of naming them for the community). I cant help but notice what a wonderful marvel of a shoe this is to me. The Patent toe finally made in a concord black and round shaped, the lines of perfection and plush leather feel the details of the shoe its completely awe aspiring in every sense of the word. This is now the beginning to what I think will be the revolution Mike started. Now lets talk about how I came to this insane idea that the Kobe line is next up as the big dog...but first the things that line doesn't have that Jordan did.

The one major difference is Kobe did not sign with Nike when he first came out of high school which to my dismay I still bought all the Kobe adidas kicks except that adidas Kobe two, it just made me flinch. Also the marketing team needs to step up their game and make him some memorable commercials, Mike had the most successful marketing campaigns of all time basically. You guys saw me write about the Lebrons and them being like the Jordan line because they are starting from year 1 of Brons kicks and making a lot of good moves in the marketing aspect of the line. Kobe still has his haters in the game but for him is still different because for every person who dislikes Kobe or just hates him because he might be the heir apparent (I don't think he is I know) to knock off you know who. Plus along with being the worlds greatest basketball player comes this weight of being the greatest at everything you put your name on. Now you got to admit his shoes are the equivalent to walking on a cloud and taking a ride to where maybe not even jays have been before....

Nike Air Huarache 2k4 (Eric Avars monster of a shoe), Nike Air Huarache 2k5 the predecessor of the one prior, Nike Air zoom Kobe 1, and now the shoe that is starting to evolve the line into the next generation Nike Air Zoom Kobe II. Believe me when I tell you the 2K4 was the original Zoom Kobe 1 and Huarache 2K5 was the original Zoom Kobe II. This line is four shoes deep my friends without you noticing at all. The 2K4 was probably the best selling basketball performance shoe to come out in a while you could not find them on shelves at all. People were raving of their style and grace on the court. Entire basketball teams purchase them to rock from guards to centers! The 2K5 was even more of the same just more changes in design and even more cushioning and progression. These shoes started the foundation to what the line was going to be, the best in performance and looks wise in the game. I was frustrated at the fact that the shoes werent being hailed as Kobes kicks but the next year came the big step forward the line needed to take.

Nike Air Zoom Kobe 1 with the grill in the front! As I saw this shoe being placed out in a Finishline I just went in flashback mode to stories of fellow OG collectors. They told me "Air Jordan 1 was crap and went on salein some stores for 29.99!", "Air Jordan 1 was too simple but the colors were crazy!". I wondered if I am feeling what they felt when those words were spoken to me on those days sharing stories with them. Can the Zoom Kobe 1 be this generations Air Jordan 1? The over production of these was crazy but I rocked my Kobes with the ideal of them being the pinnacle of what a basketball shoe should be. The man himself makes the shoe like everyone says, and Kobe really makes a shoe. I love the heel being free. I loved the first colorway being a White/Varsity red-Black Colorway. Man if this was the beginning I could not wait for what we were in store for when Ken Link was drawing up for the Nike Air Zoom Kobe II.

The year 2007 the day March 20 and then time was 4:00 P.M. or around there I received a Nike box at my door when I read the product description on it I was pumped with adrenaline the incredible hulk could not handle. Nike Air Zoom Kobe II the greatest basketball shoe of all time ever made period, I know that's a lot to soak in that but let it linger. The Black Maize was like looking at something to put in a museum for observation. The snakeskin texture is awesome and the small details on the shoe really stick out to me. The "24" logo on the end strap, the Shozoko is nice and defined on the back heel, the Zoom Air, and Diamond Air vents (which represents Kobes daughter) and the little Shozoko metal lace fixture was a nice touch and Kobe written all in the insole, strap, and a small section of the front toe. The shoe feels better than any shoe I ever put on ever!!! From Uptempos, Forces, Flights, Foamposite any shoe even running shoes! Ken Link really sat down with Kobe and his team to really hit this one on the nail! Thats when I look at my mirror and said "why am I so excited over this?"...pause..."I remember this feeling when I was a kid." I looked at the shoes on my feet stepped out and began my daily neck breakings from my running around, from my store to the people I talk to everyday.

Its now May and the season is over and still we have a lot more releases to look forward to from the Zoom Kobe line. As for the man he just needs to three things, a fresh commercial, a Kobe box for his shoes (well deserved), and bring out some heat! I always admired his work ethic, his drive to be the best, his will to do what is necessary to get the job done and hes a pretty cool cat from what I hear and a down to earth man. Things I work on myself to be and I'm starting on a new path in my life just like he is so we are kinda neck-to-neck. We get to do it all over again folks can you believe this? Can you really? We have that shooting guard shoe (which is always sexy to the public) that we been waiting for the shoe that can carry Nike to the motherland if they do their job right. If not call me Kobe I will do it for you! This line is where my break up with Jordan Brand can rebound on from now on I am on the Zoom Kobe Line.

It represents what I am about and what a lot of others are about. Yeah you can say what you like about it, like I said you don't have to believe me. Ten years from now we will be wearing Zoom Kobe 1's and they will be retrod watching kids get in a line and us passing by with the OG's...kids will gasp and stare and we can do is say "You kids don't know nothing about Kobe we saw him play and win and break these out during this game." They will look at us and say, "Where you get those gramps!".........................

Zoom Kobe forever

Vulkan The Krusader resides in Florida, and is co-owner of the store Neck Breakers. Check for him on his blog: www.vulkanthekrusader.blogspot.com

TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
LAKERS HOME GAME TICKETS FOR SALE. MY SEATS ARE SECTION 318(CENTER COURT). PM ME FOR DETAILS.

just copped my Strengths... a little wide... but they are so damn comfy!!

Quote:
Diamond Air vents (which represents Kobes daughter)
TeamLakers
TEAMYANKEES​

Normally i'm not this lazy...

Can anyone remember the page number that had the Kobe wall paper with AZKII as wings..

Help is appreciated. 100+ pages people...

For those who used to watch 'Arrested Development'... Job: "C'MON!"
Don't let the post count fool you. I just don't have an itchy posting finger.

Maize%2BII%2BWallpaper.jpg

these? forgot the page number...
strength1_1024x768.jpg
TeamLakers
TEAMYANKEES​

Thanks for the help with the wallpapers guys.
Don't let the post count fool you. I just don't have an itchy posting finger.

kinda weird that we've only had 4 releases of the IIs so far................but looking on the brightside, we got what we wanted........all releases (minus white/grey) are laker colorways
TeamLakersMember #24, please don't trade odom

Quote:
I will be blessing this site with some pics by the end of the week. Nick has an idea of what it is.
:wink:
wink.gif
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK
The B.O.P.​
Expect Dominance. Every Angle. Every Ability.

In the picture shown the model is the ZK2 Ultimate White/Grey. I guess nike won't reveal a pic of the Lites yet!

^^ Yep...as seen in the latest SC's Sneakerphile...that is indeed the USA Kobe II.
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK​
The B.O.P.​
Expect Dominance. Every Angle. Every Ability.

Back
Top Bottom