The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

PlayStation won’t be following Xbox’s lead with backwards compatibility

Head of PlayStation Europe, Jim Ryan, says PlayStation has no intention of following suit with backwards compatibility

Last edited:
Put that money elsewhere. They don't have money to experiment with like MS does. I just want to play Blue Dragon and after that BC will be useless to me.

What happened to that 3.0 update we were so purpose to hear about?

Article Link
[h1]BATMAN'S BIG COLLECTOR'S EDITION CANCELLED AT LAST MINUTE[/h1]

Luke Plunkett
Filed to: BATMAN  6/17/15 6:50pm

1301701349534145713.jpg

Retailers across the US, Europe and Australia are informing customers today that the Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition  has been cancelled. The game itself is due out next week, so this is pretty late notice!

This collector’s edition was supposed to include a copy of the game, some skins, an artbook, a comic and a statue of Arkham Knight’s version of the Batmobile.

It’s that last item—built by Project Triforce—that’s the problem, Warner Bros. saying in a statment:
Dear Batman: Arkham Fans,

We regret to inform you that we are not able to release the Batmobile Collector’s Edition of Batman: Arkham Knight due to unforeseen circumstances that greatly compromised the quality of this extremely limited run of product. We are deeply apologetic for this unfortunate outcome. If you did pre-order the Batmobile Collector’s Edition, please go to the retail location where you pre-ordered the product and you will receive a full refund of your deposit or it can be rolled over to another Batman: Arkham Knight edition or another product of your choice. We will be providing everyone who purchases Batman: Arkham Knight with the New 52 skin pack, including Batman, Robin and Nightwing, free of charge.
We’ve contacted the manufacturer of the Batmobiles for comment.

Those who had ordered pack are having their purchases refunded, and they can now buy either the standard edition or a lesser collector’s edition.

Put that money elsewhere. They don't have money to experiment with like MS does. I just want to play Blue Dragon and after that BC will be useless to me.

did you vote for it?

How would BC be useless to you after that?

Several future multiplats would come with free copies of their predecessors such as Fallout 4/Rainbow Six Siege.

Imagine TW2 being bundled with TW3 or BL1 being included with Borderlands HC.

More value and it makes certain remasters obsolete.

Darksiders 2 and Payday 2 for instance.

Last edited:
Fams I'm legit dying at work from those videos posted last page. grown men crying about video game reveals :lol: a remake of a 20 year old game and a game we won't get till 2019 at that :rofl: awwww man

did you vote for it?

How would BC be useless to you after that?

Several future multiplats would come with free copies of their predecessors such as Fallout 4/Rainbow Six Siege.

Imagine TW2 being bundled with TW3 or BL1 being included with Borderlands HC.
More value and it makes certain remasters obsolete.

Darksiders 2 and Payday 2 for instance.
BC would be useless to me because I don't want to play any other 360 games. Blue Dragon was one of my favorite games that I didn't get to finish because of rrod. I don't really want to play games from last gen unless they're remastered specifically for these current consoles. Blue Dragon is an exception for me. Of course if those games you named came bundled for free then I'd maybe play them but I also wouldn't have a problem giving them away (if they were codes). I think another reason why BC doesn't appeal to me as much is I simply didn't miss out on many games that I wanted last gen. Point is I understand that gamers such as yourself really love this feature and I think it's cool for yall but it doesn't really do much for me. I'm all in fo remasters and remakes though :smokin

Can I get the link so I can vote for Blue Dragon

BC would be useless to me because I don't want to play any other 360 games. Blue Dragon was one of my favorite games that I didn't get to finish because of rrod. I don't really want to play games from last gen unless they're remastered specifically for these current consoles. Blue Dragon is an exception for me. Of course if those games you named came bundled for free then I'd maybe play them but I also wouldn't have a problem giving them away (if they were codes). I think another reason why BC doesn't appeal to me as much is I simply didn't miss out on many games that I wanted last gen. Point is I understand that gamers such as yourself really love this feature and I think it's cool for yall but it doesn't really do much for me. I'm all in fo remasters and remakes though
smokin.gif

Can I get the link so I can vote for Blue Dragon
I see. I didn't play 360 from 09-12. There's well over 100 games I missed out on.

Here's the link for blue dragon.

http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility/filters/top?query=blue dragon

Also there's one for making games with gold automatically backwards compatible.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/2...all-the-upcoming-gwg-xbox-360-games-compatibl

Last edited:
I wonder if they will ever remake or make a sequel to Legend of dragoon
I honestly doubt it... 

Shuhei Yoshida was the producer of the first one. When it came out on PSN he said that they had a sequel in the works shortly after he left the studio, but it was cancelled and the team dispersed into the wind.

I think Sony still owns the IP. It only sold around a million copies, plus whatever it sold when released on PSN. It'd take alot for it to get green-lit.

Last edited:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Square Enix's recently announced remake of Final Fantasy VII may not be the only classic entry in the series to get a major overhaul for current-gen consoles, as series director Tetsuya Nomura has expressed interest in remaking both Final Fantasy V and VI.

"Considering that we have remakes of Final Fantasy up to IV and then we have VII — I’ve been working with Mr. [Yoshinori] Kitase since Final Fantasy V, and we’ve noticed that V and VI are missing. That bothers me," Nomura told VentureBeat. "How come we skipped over those two?"

Nomura also shared some new information on the Final Fantasy VII Remake, confirming that it won't just be a carbon copy of the original release with spruced up visuals.

In an interview with Dengeki Online (via Gematsu), he said it "won’t be a simple remake," noting that "even if we were only making the graphics prettier for a next-generation machine, I don’t think it would exceed the original version."

sunshineblotters sunshineblotters

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Square Enix's recently announced remake of Final Fantasy VII may not be the only classic entry in the series to get a major overhaul for current-gen consoles, as series director Tetsuya Nomura has expressed interest in remaking both Final Fantasy V and VI.

"Considering that we have remakes of Final Fantasy up to IV and then we have VII — I’ve been working with Mr. [Yoshinori] Kitase since Final Fantasy V, and we’ve noticed that V and VI are missing. That bothers me," Nomura told VentureBeat. "How come we skipped over those two?"

Nomura also shared some new information on the Final Fantasy VII Remake, confirming that it won't just be a carbon copy of the original release with spruced up visuals.

In an interview with Dengeki Online (via Gematsu), he said it "won’t be a simple remake," noting that "even if we were only making the graphics prettier for a next-generation machine, I don’t think it would exceed the original version."

sunshineblotters sunshineblotters

Final Fantasy VI remake
View media item 1587785
I want a full fledged console remake. Not one of those handheld/mobile 3D rendered version of the same game.

Isnt his statement only partially true? Final Fantasy I and II have really only been remastered. III and IV have only been remade by technicality. It was the same game rendered in 3D and not a full fledged remake. All secret items were in the same location at least for IV. Never played the OG FFIII.

FFV I will take but I dont care much for it.

Why does Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 look like dog ****? It looks worse than THPS HD on PS3. Like considerably worse. It's supposed to be a PS4 game. :smh:

I saw that but wasnt sure and didnt want to embarrass myself. :lol:

That game needs to be rebooted. Only as a survival horror game. If they are gonna go RE 5 and 6 with it they can keep it.

Media Player Coming to PS4 by PlayStation.Blog, on Flickr
Media Player Coming to PS4 by PlayStation.Blog, on Flickr

MKV

Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)

AVI

Visual: MPEG4 ASP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)

MP4

Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)

MPEG-2 TS

Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2, MPEG2 Visual
Audio: MP2(MPEG2 Audio Layer 2), AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)
AVCHD: (.m2ts, .mts)

Photo

JPEG (based on DCF 2.0/Exif 2.21)
BMP
PNG

Music

MP3
AAC (M4A)

So we can finally watch stuff from a thumb drive? That's one of the bigger reasons i been staying with the ps3

Last guardian, and FF7 remake are enoigh to make me happy with this E3

Back
Top Bottom