The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Thanks! I'm at 13 now, plus 5 or 6 Madmen heads. Never know if I should save them or use them right away.

This game is so addicting. :lol:

Arguing Xbox One S is less powerful than PS4 is quibbling over semantics. Yes, technically it is. But what multiplatform games are you unable to play on an XB1S that a PS4 can play? What exactly does .4 of a Teraflop actually do? It doesn't negatively effect my experience.

VR is as much, if not more, and investment than a 4K TV, so those cancel one another out.

Microsoft console sales have lead NPD last two months... you don't find that to be an issue?

There is absolutely an argument to be made for the PS4. I just think right now, Sony did themselves absolutely no favors going into the holiday season.

True, XB1S power difference to PS4 is not much but if you don't have a 4K TV, then it's the same status quo as before which PS4 has been winning since this gen started .
You also have the chouce of VR in the future if that floats your boat.

If you do have a 4K TV then the pro is the better choice for gaming.

MS led the past two months because they had a fire sale on the OG Xbone before the Xbone S came out in July and the S came out in August which is why they led that month.
That is what normaly happens when a slim console releases. PS3 slim did the same in 2009 even though X360 was king in US back in the days.

Figures for August aren't out yet but even with the fire sale, Xbox only outsold the PS4 by 10K in July and the PS4 slim releases this month so that should see a spike too unless everyone is waiting for the pro.

Can somebody explain what HDR will do in next week's update?

I'm sure someone can provide a more thorough explanation or provide a link to an in depth discussion, but from my understanding, if you have a television that is capable of outputting HDR10, you will get a more realistic image, one with more contrast, brightness and color than before.

I knew it was gonna get delayed but Bloodstained has been delayed from early 2017 to the first half of 2018 :x DAMN!!

9th Wonder 9th Wonder

Ugh man.. That's quite the extension smh. Hopefully they are just making it that much better, but that's a buzzkill

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but for some reason I never get notifications when people tag me. I've checked my profile settings dozens of times and I still never get notified.. :nerd:

Last edited:
Maybe Sony recently hired new higher ups and are noobs to this?

Edit: Adam Boyes and a few other figures left Sony during the last 4 months.

Was that a sign for things to come??

Last edited:
I've had issues with almost every game. Fallout 3, New Vegas (running on their engine), and Skyrim, and even some of their published ones (Rage, WET, ect) have been buggy.

Skyrim, I had to run a side-quest 6 times before it would stop freezing my PS3. When the DLC dropped I didn't even bother.

I'm not defending Sony, but I would be interested to hear their reasoning behind this. They have to know the negative reception it would garner.

I've already pretty much decided that all Bethesda developed games would be purchased on Xbox (or PC when I build it) for reasons like this. They always seem to not give a damn when it comes to PS.

I've already pretty much decided that all Bethesda developed games would be purchased on Xbox (or PC when I build it) for reasons like this. They always seem to not give a damn when it comes to PS.

Even though its Sony to blame? Same way they won't let Rocket League be great... smh

Even though its Sony to blame? Same way they won't let Rocket League be great... smh
I'm not boycotting Bethesda. I'm just not buying their PS products since they're usually not equal to the Xbox version.

Rocket League is great with or without cross play :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom