The only Dirk Nowitzki stopper in the history of NBA

T-Mac was on his way to becoming a great defender when he was with the Raptors, but as soon as he came to Orlando, it was all offense from then on.

a few guys from the past that i think would have bothered dirk:

if pippen met dirk and was allowed to played 90's style physical defense wit hand checkin, he would have dirk shook.

cliff robinson had length to bother dirk.

and a young dennis rodman who was strong as hell and had quick enough later movement to sometimes guard jordan.

i also think anthony mason and xavier mcdaniel definitely had the lateral quickness to stay wit dirk.

a few guys from the past that i think would have bothered dirk:

if pippen met dirk and was allowed to played 90's style physical defense wit hand checkin, he would have dirk shook.

cliff robinson had length to bother dirk.

and a young dennis rodman who was strong as hell and had quick enough later movement to sometimes guard jordan.

i also think anthony mason and xavier mcdaniel definitely had the lateral quickness to stay wit dirk.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

fraij da 5 11 wrote:
Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:
Dude there are no Dirk Nowitski stoppers, they don't exist anymore, just contest the shots and hope he has a bad shooting night.
Basically... The man is 7 feet tall and can fade away contorting his body like hes backpedaling on a unicycle and still make shots. 

Qft

The guy is a seven footer whose shooting stroke is better than almost every single player, perimeter or post, to have ever played this game. You also have to recognize how he has expanded his games. A lot of guys come into the league as slashers and scorers and develop their jump shot. Dirk came into the NBA with that jumper but what he added was the other components of an offensive game. Now he can drive and post and that high release, that fade away and that shooting stroke can make jumpers any where within 35 feet of the rim but he is dominating because most of those shots are within the college three point line where, at that range, the jump shot, even contested is very high percentage. 

This. The Man Is Argueably Theee Biggest Mismatch The Game Has Ever Seen.

As a 7 footer you HAVE to account for him all the way out to 27ft as a constant legitimate scoring threat.

fraij da 5 11 wrote:
Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:
Dude there are no Dirk Nowitski stoppers, they don't exist anymore, just contest the shots and hope he has a bad shooting night.
Basically... The man is 7 feet tall and can fade away contorting his body like hes backpedaling on a unicycle and still make shots. 

Qft

The guy is a seven footer whose shooting stroke is better than almost every single player, perimeter or post, to have ever played this game. You also have to recognize how he has expanded his games. A lot of guys come into the league as slashers and scorers and develop their jump shot. Dirk came into the NBA with that jumper but what he added was the other components of an offensive game. Now he can drive and post and that high release, that fade away and that shooting stroke can make jumpers any where within 35 feet of the rim but he is dominating because most of those shots are within the college three point line where, at that range, the jump shot, even contested is very high percentage. 

This. The Man Is Argueably Theee Biggest Mismatch The Game Has Ever Seen.

As a 7 footer you HAVE to account for him all the way out to 27ft as a constant legitimate scoring threat.

Y'all do realize TMAC guarded him maybe 20% of the time in that series.

Stephen Jackson locked him up IMO

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

because T-Mac was liable to not put in much effort on D the other 80%

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

because T-Mac was liable to not put in much effort on D the other 80%

I would say a combination of these guys:

2006 NBA Finals:

Game 1: Joe Crawford, Joe DeRosa, Bennett Salvatore
Game 2: Bob Delaney, Steve Javie, Eddie F. Rush
Game 3: Dan Crawford, Ken Mauer, Jack Nies
Game 4: **** Bavetta, Mike Callahan, Bernie Fryer
Game 5: Joe Crawford, Joe DeRosa, Bennett Salvatore
Game 6: Dan Crawford, Steve Javie, Eddie F. Rush

2006 NBA Finals:

Originally Posted by KingJay718

This man says hi.  He used to give Dirk panic attacks.
Bruce-Bowen-Retired-San-Antonio-Spurs-Forward1.jpg

pimp.gif

I remember Peja doin a good job on him back in his sactown days. With that bein said, Dirk is a different player now.

Talbert

I remember Peja doin a good job on him back in his sactown days. With that bein said, Dirk is a different player now.

Talbert

ummmm i know i had a late night, and it's slightly early.. but is that supposed to be tmac in that picture with dirk?

ummmm i know i had a late night, and it's slightly early.. but is that supposed to be tmac in that picture with dirk?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

2006 NBA Finals:

I dunno but this made me laugh hard..
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

2006 NBA Finals:

I dunno but this made me laugh hard..
roll.gif

10 years ago, that was sheed

10 years ago, that was sheed

Back
Top Bottom