The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Chris Rock is not quick witted. Could've easily roasted Will with little effort.

I woulda been like, that slap was weak. Relax, you don't even curse in your records ain't nobody shook.

lls8ldw874q81.jpg

Just when something “interesting” happens on the. Oscars, I don’t watch. Congrats to Will for winning his Oscar. The slap was extra, but I guess necessary to defend his wife’s honor. It’s sad also. Two of the greatest entertainers will probably not work together any more.

I'm all for defending your wife but what Will did was unprofessional. Y'all acting like this was at the Olive Garden or some ****. This was at essentially the equivalent of Will's industry's biggest event. People work their entire lives to get to a point of even being NOMINATED at the Oscars.

If he thought what Chris said was disrespectful they could've thrown hands after the show at the after party, at the hotel, wherever. You don't do that there. If you slapped a coworker for saying something disrespectful to your wife at a company wide event, good chance you're both fired the next day.

Some clarification from some of us who think Will was wrong

Most of us aren’t mad at him slapping Chris…it’s that he did it in front of millions on live tv. Do it after the show. Do it immediately when he went to the back. But not like this. And I’m a huge huge will smith fan.

Some clarification from some of us who think Will was wrong

Most of us aren’t mad at him slapping Chris…it’s that he did it in front of millions on live tv. Do it after the show. Do it immediately when he went to the back. But not like this. And I’m a huge huge will smith fan.
You've always got that camp of people that feel like the slap should be public because the comment was public.

If you haven’t had the chance to watch Summer of Soul, check it out…

Big win for the Deaf/Hearing Impairment community.

No disrespect to Ariana but tired of these female celebs claiming to be queer to grow a fan base and gain free promotion then "grow out of it"

Selena gomez, cara Delevingne, lindsey lohan, michelle Rodriguez, billie eilish etc

Straight slap in the face to real queer people

Jada used another excuse and not alopecia just last year.

Jada been manipulating Will for a minute and you got cats out here talmbout defend her honor

Chris Rock is not quick witted. Could've easily roasted Will with little effort.

I woulda been like, that slap was weak. Relax, you don't even curse in your records ain't nobody shook.

Do you seriously think an A list comedian is not quick witted? He obviously could've taken his soul but didn't want the situation to get worse.
wild'n. Rock is one of the greatest ever. He got too many jokes. He was about to go off, but caught himself.

There's way too much ammo out there on Will, he could dropped a nuke, but it wasnt the time nor place. From that angle, he did well.

People wild for clutching their pearls comparing this to cancer. Also we are the ones coming up with the whole alopecia is the reason why he did it.

If it wasnt staged I dont understand Chris just standing there when Will was walking towards him. What did he expect was gonna happen? And from that angle it doesnt even seem Chris was looking at him. Wtf

I'm curious to hear this week of podcast and social media conversations from the comedian world. There was always an unwritten rule that if you go to a comedy show and the comedian roasts you, you gotta sit back and laugh or shut up and take it. Now that a mega celebrity publicly slapped a comedian for making fun of his wife, that boundary between comedian and audience has been broken.

People wild for clutching their pearls comparing this to cancer. Also we are the ones coming up with the whole alopecia is the reason why he did it.
Right like folks are saying she said it
But I haven’t seen no clips or even a post
Hell she overshare everything else

What did Jada say is the question that needs answers
She going to put that **** in a book

And I don’t think the majority of us think he could have handled it without taking shine from his moment
Hell I’ve hear of gangsta rappers getting some clarification on a situation better than this :lol:

Back
Top Bottom