The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

cRazy dav0 wrote:

if mcqueary did stop it ... then %#+ .... b/c everyone saw sandusky w/ the little boys on campus years later ... so what gives ... this is the wildest thing ever

i need to get back to skyrim ...
Ok...here's my thinking now.  Suppose McQueary's statement IS true about trying to stop Sandusky.  What's his (McQueary's) angle for staying at Penn State?  Promises???  Blackmail???  And then, what's Paterno's rationale for KEEPING Sandusky around in addition to the year overlap between telling him he won't be the coach in waiting and when he was discovered to have showered w. the boy???

Sandusky was told he would not be Paterno's successor in 98', this is the incident he admitted to the child's mother with cops hiding in the house and overheard his admission of guilt. McQueary caught him in the shower in 2002.
Correct.  But I think the university was aware of Sandusky showering w. the boy....which I believe is the main reason WHY he wasn't considered the coach in waiting. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

This was talked about last night...and I DO see some of the parallels.

In comparison to Michael Jackson, many people who are in his corner are saying the SAME things. "He's just an overgrown kid." We all know the allegations brought against Mike, but people defended his behavior with children till they were blue in the face. %%$+, we had discussions on NT where certain folks thought it was just in Mike's nature to be as affectionate towards children as he was. I even remember a NTer going as far as saying they'd have no problem letting their child spend the night in the neverland ranch w. MJ
laugh.gif
eek.gif
Anyways, I'm wondering (for those who defended Mike), what's your stance on Sandusky?
Terrible comparison.  Are you really going to compare sleeping fully clothed in the same bed with someone to showering with another person? 

Missing the point.

Two wrongs don't make a right....but one man has his actions EXCUSED.  Why?

Here are some tweets by SportsbyBrooks....some CRAZY nuggets in here...give them a read.

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
Source also said Governor in deep w/ Trustees which explains status quo. Gov. knew about Sandusky & is Trustee himself. Massive conspiracy.

I'm not throwing out anything informed Pennsylvania media doesn't already know or have an inkling about. Open secret. I will have more soon.

For now, read @sganim exhaustive coverage on Govenor's knowledge of Sandusky while Attorney General - how Corbett soft-pedaled investigation

So if you're wondering why Governor hasn't cleaned house, now u kno. He's one of Trustees himself who gave Sandusky a pass. Moreso, actually

dingdingding RT @rkamruddin: @SPORTSbyBROOKS wasn't the Governor the States attorney who originally began the investigation?

Jerry Sandusky not only one still currently hounding his rape victims. So is his wife. bit.ly/twQZ2o

Why did Jerry Sandusky's wife call abuse victim weeks before his testimony and how much did Dorothy and six adopted children know about Penn State 'paedophile'?

*Dorothy Sandusky called Victim 7 before he gave evidence despite him cutting contact with former football coach two years prior
*She was major part of Sandusky's life since meeting in 1960s and assisted with his 'Second Mile' charity from which he 'selected his boys'
*Couple adopted five sons and one girl, who are now all adults
*Abuse allegedly occurred over a number of years in family home

Jerry Sandusky’s wife has been largely absent from the analysis of who knew what about her husband’s alleged sexual abuse of eight boys over a 15-year period.

But Dorothy 'Dottie' Gross Sandusky does make an appearance in the 23-page Grand Jury indictment which graphically details the charges against the 67-year-old former Penn State coach.

Mrs Sandusky, 68, attempted to call one of the victims in the weeks leading up to his testimony, despite the fact the now 26-year-old had cut off all contact with Sandusky two years prior.

She left a message on Victim 7's phone saying the matter was 'very important' but the man, who told the Grand Jury that as a ten-year-old in 1994, Sandusky hugged and inappropriately touched him, did not return the call.

http://www.dailymail.co.u...orothy-abuse-victim.html

I'm sure Sandusky's attorney won't use McQueary contradicting Grand Jury in his "email" to impugn McQueary's credibility in court

Hope easing your own conscience was worth giving Sandusky his first & only legit defense, Coach McQueary. #youarepennstate

NOW we know why McQueary played in Sandusky's golf outing one month after witnessing Sandusky rape a child in the Penn State locker room

McQueary played in Sandusky's annual golf outing in June 2002 AND 2003. Thoughts, Penn Staters?

If I told u Penn St Board of Trustees sold Sandusky school land to build 'learning center' for children w/ 'dormitories' would u believe me?

At least Penn State didn't sell Sandusky land at cut-rate price after Penn State Police caught him showering w/ children. Oh, wait, they did

But hey, not like that information is available to every Penn Stater reading this for free on the web. Oh. Wait. It is.

Before Paterno let him rape children in team hotels on Penn State's dime RT @scareduck When did the cops catch Sandusky showering with kids?

I'm certain that fact - and DA being aware of '98 - had nothing todo w/ Penn St hiding 2002 Sandusky lockerroom child rape. Okay, maybe not.

Re: Sandusky's "Learning Center" woman currently running Second Mile recently noted it wasn't a "school" & dorms only for "overnight" stays.

Sandusky designed it from the ground up, which he gleefully details in a 2008 newsletter produced by the woman currently running Second Mile

And the Governor. RT @AdamHogeCBS: McQueary's multiple stories another indication of deep cover-up involving both Penn State and the police.

His lawyer is terrible. Dude was on Good Morning America, or some morning show, and was doubting Sandusky himself and agreeing that the things Sandusky has admitted to are out of line. HLN finally did a profile too on just how close to the elementary school his house is. It's not down the street, around the corner, or anything like that. The school playground is literally in plain view of his backyard deck and all of the back of the house windows, only separated by the fence to his backyard.

Coach K lightweight coming to the defense of Paterno? Word, son? You wanna hitch onto that train?

“Well, I think, unless you’re there, it’s tough to comment about everything,’’ Krzyzewski said. “I just feel badly for him and whatever he is responsible for, it’ll come out and hopefully it’ll come out from him.

“I think one thing you have to understand is that Coach Paterno’s 84 years old. I’m not saying that for an excuse or whatever. The cultures that he’s been involved in both football-wise and socially, have been immense changes and how social issues are handled in those generations are quite different.

“But as we judge, remember that there’s just a lot there. There’s a lot,lot there. I think he’s a great man and it’s a horrific situation.

If I told u Penn St Board of Trustees sold Sandusky school land to build 'learning center' for children w/ 'dormitories' would u believe me?

At least Penn State didn't sell Sandusky land at cut-rate price after Penn State Police caught him showering w/ children. Oh, wait, they did

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW[/font]

This was talked about last night...and I DO see some of the parallels.

In comparison to Michael Jackson, many people who are in his corner are saying the SAME things. "He's just an overgrown kid." We all know the allegations brought against Mike, but people defended his behavior with children till they were blue in the face. %%$+, we had discussions on NT where certain folks thought it was just in Mike's nature to be as affectionate towards children as he was. I even remember a NTer going as far as saying they'd have no problem letting their child spend the night in the neverland ranch w. MJ
laugh.gif
eek.gif
Anyways, I'm wondering (for those who defended Mike), what's your stance on Sandusky?
Terrible comparison.  Are you really going to compare sleeping fully clothed in the same bed with someone to showering with another person? 

Missing the point.

Two wrongs don't make a right....but one man has his actions EXCUSED.  Why?
Two wrongs? 

To this day, no one knows exactly what happened with MJ except for them sleeping in the same bed.  For all we know, MJ probably has a huge bed and the kids could have slept on the opposite end of the bed with 6 feet separating both of them.  Or he could have touched those kids, but we don't know. 

Penn State has an eye witness that said he raped a kid and Sandusky admitted showering and touching the kids. 

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

For someone who has constantly combated the use of generalizations in this thread, I'm surprised that af1 made the same boneheaded mistake.
I feel like you have no soul to still be a supporter of JoePa and PSU. It is one of the the most dangerous, and dishonest outlooks you can have (sounds ridiculous).

Supporter of Joe Pa? Hardly. How many times do I have to say it, he deserves blame 100% and anybody who thinks otherwise is a complete !%*%$++ moron. I just don't think he should have gotten fired.Don't agree with me? Than you don't agree with the victims. Their attorneys have stated that the BoT got it all wrong when they fired  Joe Pa. Victims viewpoint >> anybody elses viewpoint on this matter. 
Supporter of PSU? Absolutely. And yes, maybe I shouldn't have made that generalization and I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I'll own up to it and apologize. This is my school, this has been my second home for the last 2 years. So yes, I support Penn State 100%. Tell me how wrong I am for it, it's not something I haven't heard before. I love this school and that's me. Deal with it or @$%* *cue sillyputty and other NTers ready to rip my post apart*

Originally Posted by af1 1982

For someone who has constantly combated the use of generalizations in this thread, I'm surprised that af1 made the same boneheaded mistake.
I feel like you have no soul to still be a supporter of JoePa and PSU. It is one of the the most dangerous, and dishonest outlooks you can have (sounds ridiculous).

Supporter of Joe Pa? Hardly. How many times do I have to say it, he deserves blame 100% and anybody who thinks otherwise is a complete !%*%$++ moron. I just don't think he should have gotten fired.Don't agree with me? Than you don't agree with the victims. Their attorneys have stated that the BoT got it all wrong when they fired  Joe Pa. Victims viewpoint >> anybody elses viewpoint on this matter. 
Supporter of PSU? Absolutely. And yes, maybe I shouldn't have made that generalization and I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I'll own up to it and apologize. This is my school, this has been my second home for the last 2 years. So yes, I support Penn State 100%. *cue sillyputty and other NTers ready to rip my post apart*

I'm sorry, but why should Paterno receive 100% of the blame? School police knew about this since 1994. Paterno followed procedure, should he have had reported to the police? Yeah sure, but when you deal with an institution like this, there is a chain of command. He reported it to his superior. Everyone, even at the top knew about this.

AF I understand the frustration and emotions. Few things match the pride one has in their alma mater (or current school).

I also have a weird feeling that all the accused will miraculously get off light. I've seen this script way too many times

Originally Posted by rashi

Supporter of PSU? Absolutely. And yes, maybe I shouldn't have made that generalization and I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I'll own up to it and apologize. This is my school, this has been my second home for the last 2 years. So yes, I support Penn State 100%. *cue sillyputty and other NTers ready to rip my post apart*

I'm sorry, but why should Paterno receive 100% of the blame? School police knew about this since 1994. Paterno followed procedure, should he have had reported to the police? Yeah sure, but when you deal with an institution like this, there is a chain of command. He reported it to his superior. Everyone, even at the top knew about this.
Dudes looking into my posts too much. Paterno deserves blame 100%. There is no gray area, there's no if and or buts. He %*$##% up. Period. You don't call school police. University police takes care of mostly things that threaten the safety of the students. You need to call Centre County Police, Child Abuse, something. If he calls one of them, almost a decade of abuse gets stopped.
And dmxfury, thank you. One of the few dudes in here who can relate to me. 

In reading everything, got a bad feeling we'll get to the bottom of the DA's disappearance.
QFT. That will not go away. Way too much of a coincidence

To this day, no one knows exactly what happened with MJ except for them sleeping in the same bed.  For all we know, MJ probably has a huge bed and the kids could have slept on the opposite end of the bed with 6 feet separating both of them.  Or he could have touched those kids, but we don't know. 

roll.gif

DoubleJ, where is the link that you got those tweets

Originally Posted by rashi

Dudes looking into my posts too much. Paterno deserves blame 100%. There is no gray area, there's no if and or buts. He %*$##% up. Period. You don't call school police. University police takes care of mostly things that threaten the safety of the students. You need to call Centre County Police, Child Abuse, something. If he calls one of them, almost a decade of abuse gets stopped.
And dmxfury, thank you. One of the few dudes in here who can relate to me. 

So my question to you is, because McQueary said he called police and stopped the incident, Paterno is responsible because he didn't call the police on top of McQueary?

"The department provides 24-hour patrol services to the campus andUniversity-owned properties year round. The University Police isgoverned by a state statute that gives our officers the same authority as municipal police officers."

"6. to prevent crime, investigate criminal acts, apprehend, arrest, andcharge criminal offenders and issue summary citations for actscommitted on the grounds and in the buildings of the college oruniversity and carry the offender before the proper alderman, justiceof the peace, magistrate or bail commissioner and prefer chargesagainst him under the laws of this commonwealth. Except when actingpursuant to 42 Pa.C.S. Ch. 89 Subch. D, campus police shall exercisethese powers and perform these duties only on the grounds or within 500yards of the grounds of the college or university. For the purposes ofapplying the provisions of 42 Pa.C.S. Ch. 89 Subch. D, the grounds andwithin 500 yards of the grounds of the college or university shallconstitute the primary jurisdiction of the campus police."

Maybe they both should have called "State Police" but if what McQueary said is true and the police were notified, why would he have to call the police again if he kew they were already called? AND NO I do not support child abuse because I am semi-supporting Joe Pa

I see where you are coming from. I also appreciate the insightful, intellectual post.

Joe Pa should have down more. He admitted it himself. When you are literally the face of the University, you have to make sure the abuse stops. And he simply did not do enough to stop it. Whether it was calling State Police or following up with Curley to make sure matters were taken care of.

This is a touchy subject because nobody knows what truly went on between McQueary, Paterno, and Curley. There is a lot of gray area in the line of command in the stories. At this point it is all speculation and you have to take the information for what it's worth.

Completely shocked at Coach K's comments.

So what, back in the day dudes used to shower w/ boys and it was no big deal?

I hate that tired @@% "It's a generational difference in culture" excuse. Previous evils are supposed to be learned from and then used as lessons, not crutches to continue more atrocities.

"Oh, he's just old school. Be easy." Pfft.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Completely shocked at Coach K's comments.

why? hes another one of them college coaches who people think are gods. who prolly walk around the campus like his %%## don't stink 
laugh.gif

AF1, didn't mean to pile on. Real talk, your posts in this thread have been appreciated. It's always interesting to see the perspective from someone at ground zero. Keep keepin us updated.
pimp.gif

651akathePaul, appreciate it fam
pimp.gif
. I just thought the cruiser classic was too ill of an idea. It's so crazy that technology has gotten us this far where we can have stuff like this. The blueprint/diagram that someone posted in the college basketball thread is bananas 
eek.gif

Bearcat23, no worries my man. No need to apologize, I appreciate you dropping the info and also correcting my wrong. If someone corrects me when I'm clearly wrong, I got no problem admitting it. And in the generalization about defense attorneys I was clearly wrong. The best way to learn is to learn from your mistakes so I appreciate the insight fam. I'll try to keep you guys updated as best I can.

Right now, the whole shock and angry vibe has blown over since last week. Everyone is just exhausted about the subject and they just keep it moving. Being students and professors in college is very busy and demanding so it becomes difficult to make this scandal your entire life, especially when there is nothing you can do about it. I have seen more charities and causes for child abuse arising.

Also, I don't know if you guys are familiar with THON. It is a student run philanthropy event once a year. It's a dance marathon that raises money and awareness for pediatric cancer. Each year, we raise MILLIONS of dollars and ALL of it goes to the cause.

Well, I've had a couple friends do their yearly calls to donators and a lot of them said they will no longer support THON due to the scandal. I can see why but I just think it's stupid. It's not like this money is harboring child abuse. SMH, some people are just flat out dumb.
Also, a lot of media outlets are still here. They are just posted up on college ave. in front of Old Main. It's like they are holding daily talk shows at the site of the scandal. I'm under very clear instructions from my mother to stay away from them 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom