The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

mdviu.jpg

Well here is one of Sandusky's kids:

Jon Sandusky, Browns GM Tom Heckert's top assistant, has taken a leave of absence. He is the son of Jerry Sandusky. At Penn State, Jon played safety under his dad from 1996-1999.
Another:
Among those who....testified was a Centre County woman whose son went to live as a foster child with Sandusky in 1997.

Matt Sandusky eventually was adopted by Jerry and his wife Dottie.

But Matt’s birth mother, Debra Long, said she testified about her son’s change in behavior after he went to live with Sandusky, now 67.

He and his wife adopted six innocent kids
tired.gif

And:

Sandusky was released soon after his arrest (Friday) and was recently seen in an ABC News report at his State College home, which is located approximately 1,000 feet from an elementary school.

Yup I'm sure the parents of those kids currently attending this school love the fact the system allows a possible serial child molester to be released on bail and is back living down the street from the school
indifferent.gif

joe pa might not make it to 2012
30t6p3b.gif

not wishing it but his old heart is prob in a struggle

Originally Posted by dreClark

This #%!@ just keeps getting worse and worse.

Dre...the sad part is, this isn't even the tip of the iceberg....
30t6p3b.gif

But the issue here is not what Sandusky allegedly did, it's what Penn State officials -- including Paterno -- failed to do. Read pages 6 - 7 of the Grand Jury report where Paterno acknowledges -- in HIS words, not mine -- that he was made aware of an incident involving: 1) an adult male; 2) a ten year old boy; 3) a shower; and 4) an incident of a "sexual nature."  

Again, Paterno's words, not mine. Even absent all of the sordid, horrific details, Millen has the audacity to talk about letting the investigation determine the truth? Paterno and nobody else from Penn State has denied the findings in the report regarding what Penn State failed to do. To sum up their collective statements, they "told their boss." Nobody bothered to call the police. Nobody. 

^I was watching the Millen vid on the ESPN site, and this was one of the comments.  Pretty much paraphrasing what mostly everyone is thinking/saying in this thread....but just for emphasis, pay attention to what dude said about pages 6-7 on the Grand Jury report....I don't know what kind of explanation Joe Paterno is going to come up with when he has the opportunity to speak. 

30t6p3b.gif

What was Millen's initial response/position?  Because honestly, after seeing him in that video, I liked Millen a little more for speaking up.  Was he backing Penn St at first or denying or something? 

Crazy as hell. As a father this #@@@ makes my blood boil. You can't trust anybody with your kids

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Well here is one of Sandusky's kids:

Jon Sandusky, Browns GM Tom Heckert's top assistant, has taken a leave of absence. He is the son of Jerry Sandusky. At Penn State, Jon played safety under his dad from 1996-1999.
Another:
Among those who....testified was a Centre County woman whose son went to live as a foster child with Sandusky in 1997.

Matt Sandusky eventually was adopted by Jerry and his wife Dottie.

But Matt’s birth mother, Debra Long, said she testified about her son’s change in behavior after he went to live with Sandusky, now 67.

He and his wife adopted six innocent kids
tired.gif

And:

Sandusky was released soon after his arrest (Friday) and was recently seen in an ABC News report at his State College home, which is located approximately 1,000 feet from an elementary school.

Yup I'm sure the parents of those kids currently attending this school love the fact the system allows a possible serial child molester to be released on bail and is back living down the street from the school
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif
This *$*! is sickening.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I'm saying.
30t6p3b.gif

The !@@+ storm that's going to come from this is going to make every other College scandal including the Duke LAX look like a piece of lint
30t6p3b.gif

McQueary was 28 when he witnessed the shower incident? 28?!? You're a grown +$! man and he didn't try and stop it right then and there? Or even have the balls to call the cops right after that? He waited til the next morning to report it. How can you look at yourself in the mirror after that.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

30t6p3b.gif

But the issue here is not what Sandusky allegedly did, it's what Penn State officials -- including Paterno -- failed to do. Read pages 6 - 7 of the Grand Jury report where Paterno acknowledges -- in HIS words, not mine -- that he was made aware of an incident involving: 1) an adult male; 2) a ten year old boy; 3) a shower; and 4) an incident of a "sexual nature."  

Again, Paterno's words, not mine. Even absent all of the sordid, horrific details, Millen has the audacity to talk about letting the investigation determine the truth? Paterno and nobody else from Penn State has denied the findings in the report regarding what Penn State failed to do. To sum up their collective statements, they "told their boss." Nobody bothered to call the police. Nobody. 

^I was watching the Millen vid on the ESPN site, and this was one of the comments.  Pretty much paraphrasing what mostly everyone is thinking/saying in this thread....but just for emphasis, pay attention to what dude said about pages 6-7 on the Grand Jury report....I don't know what kind of explanation Joe Paterno is going to come up with when he has the opportunity to speak. 

30t6p3b.gif

How ANYONE can defend Paterno in this is becoming more and more asinine.  The only thing he can and should say is how deeply sorry he is for not going straight to the police with the informatin he had and admit his part in the wrong doing that occured.  Other than that, there's nothing else he could possibly say.  Frankly, I don't want to hear him say anything else.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Who knew?
AdwG8S8CEAIxQWZ.jpg

Slate's Hang Up and Listen sports podcast made the same comparison yesterday (that big college football culture rivals a religious institution)
I didn't listen to that podcast but I agree 100%....that's why I made the picture. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

How ANYONE can defend Paterno in this is becoming more and more asinine.  The only thing he can and should say is how deeply sorry he is for not going straight to the police with the informatin he had and admit his part in the wrong doing that occured.  Other than that, there's nothing else he could possibly say.  Frankly, I don't want to hear him say anything else.

I'm with you on that....no amount of money in a lawsuit or an apology can make it up to the families that have been victimized by this.  If Paterno/McQueary/AD/etc. just notified the police when everything first came up rather than protecting themselves, the Penn State brand, the football team, Sandusky, etc....a lot of this could have been avoided.  I got no remorse for what happens from here on out for ANYONE involved in this cover-up.  84 years old or not...if you have that !%*+ in your conscious somewhere, what kind of person are you really?  I could not live with myself for not intervening(sp?), or getting the authorities involved.  How do you sit there and look yourself in the mirror each day and go on like nothing happened???  Unbelievable...

I'm taking a break from this story for awhile
sick.gif
but let me repeat here for a general summary for everyone:

Allegations to Penn State University police are made against Sandusky about touching during a shared shower with an 11-year old at Penn State in 1998 never resulted in charges. “Jerry Sandusky admitted to my face, he admitted it,

Just read some of the grand jury report.....smh this is some of the most twisted ++@ I ever read. Everyone must go. Covering up sex crimes...Nah man.

As someone who lives in Happy Valley I'm sick of hearing about this. It's become a circus now. If Spanier gets the boot that should satisfy everyone who isn't directly involved. He is the face of this school, he is ultimately responsible. Joe should finish out the year and not be given an opportunity to renew or comeback.

Mike McQueary getting no recognition as a former Penn St. QB, commonly mentioned in this scandal as the graduate assistant.

Back
Top Bottom