The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Originally Posted by DaG311

Along with Boheim and Bernie Fine.
Fine I agree, Boeheim can die in prison for defending a friend of 40 years when he had every reason too?...yea he made insensitive and irresponsilble statements but Paterno and Boeheim don't belong in the same sentence...read the facts

Looks at sig.
30t6p3b.gif

Anyone that even had an inkling of suspicion that his co-worker may have been molesting children and didn't report it to the proper authorities should be punished. Boeheim should not be coaching. Dude initially stated that the allegations were "nothing but a thousand lies"... You wonder why people are afraid to report #*%% like this. Because of people like Boeheim saying they're lying. Dude on ESPN said he has NEVER heard of a ball-boy traveling with the team to a final four, or any other type of away game. No one though this was odd? Didn't the victim say that Boeheim used to walk into the room, see him [the victim] in Fine's bed, and said nothing? Boeheim is still on the sidelines? Disgusting.

When something like this happens the President of the Univ. needs to step forward and wipe the program clean and start over. These are young children's lives; far more important than PSU football or Cuse Bball.
$@!!$ with look at my sig....yea im cuse guy but im also objective as hell....umm he wasn't a ball boy....the "kid" was over 18 at the time and was babysitting Fine's kids....he made a horrible statement about the victims, o and the Davis kid recanted that statement and said Boeheim never saw him the room nor had any idea this was going on in the Fine house........any semi intelligent person knows this Cuse thing pales in comparison to Penn St...pretty sure the DA said Boeheim knew nothing and cooperated fully...just was too harsh in defending a friend 

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Along with Boheim and Bernie Fine.
Fine I agree, Boeheim can die in prison for defending a friend of 40 years when he had every reason too?...yea he made insensitive and irresponsilble statements but Paterno and Boeheim don't belong in the same sentence...read the facts
Sandusky and Joe Paterno knew each other from the 60s.. SO thats 35+ years when the incidents occurred. Would it be wrong to defend his friend/player to some degree when he heard about this in 2002? He made an attempt (not a very good one, I admit that) but saying he was defending his friend of 40 years doesn't mean squat. In no way am I really defending anybody, but you can't say one person needs to fry in prison and not the other
said Fine and Sandusky should fry...never said Paterno....ur the one saying Boeheim should so pipe down slick 

Sandusky's wife has released a statement:

I want to thank our children, our family, our extended family of former Second Mile participants, and all our friends for standing by us through these difficult times. Jerry and I want to express our sorrow for all the hurt that has come to those who have supported us and our beloved Penn State and State College Communities.

I have been shocked and dismayed by the allegations made against Jerry, particularly the most recent one that a now young man has said he was kept in our basement during visits and screamed for help as Jerry assaulted him while I was in our home and didn't respond to his cries for help.

As the mother of six children, I have been devastated by these accusations. I am also angry about these false accusations that such a terrible incident ever occurred in my home. No child who ever visited our home was ever forced to stay in our basement and fed there. All the kids who visited us ate with us and our kids and other guests when they were at our home. Our children, our extended family and friends know how much Jerry and I love kids and have always tried to help and care for them. We would never do anything to hurt them. I am so sad anyone would make such a terrible accusation which is absolutely untrue. We don't know why these young men have made these false accusations, but we want everyone to know they are untrue.

I continue to believe in Jerry's innocence and all the good things he has done. Jerry's many success stories with his Second Mile kids and positive memories of those kids keep me going. I am asking everyone to please be reasonable and open-minded until both sides of this case are heard, and Jerry has the opportunity to prove his innocence.

I would like to thank all those individuals who continue to support Jerry and hope they will continue to support us through the conclusion of this very sad time in our lives.

Dottie Sandusky

so now one of mcqueary's relatives is saying he never saw sandusky do anything in the showers. sounds like a payoff to me...

Sandusky and his Lawyer waived the hearing today, and are opting to go to trial.

Also, this guy Amendola is an absolute clown.

Dude said if you believe the witnesses that you need to dial 1 (800) REALITY. Which is a god damn gay chat line.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Where the heck  did  Sandusky find this  Lawyer
eek.gif
    The guy is saying dumb stuff and giving bad advice

Well the good news is Jerry got himself a second lawyer. And he's now made his first lawyer look like Perry Mason.

A Carlisle attorney who has joined Jerry Sandusky's defense team says the former Penn State assistant football coach may have showered with young boys because the children lacked basic hygiene skills.

Sandusky is accused of molesting ten boys he met through The Second Mile charity he founded for troubled youth.

"Some of these kids don't have basic hygiene skills," attorney Karl Rominger said. "Teaching a person to shower at the age of 12 or 14 sounds strange to some people, but people who work with troubled youth will tell you there are a lot of juvenile delinquents and people who are dependent who have to be taught basic life skills like how to put soap on their body."

Dear lord I can't wait for the trail.
eyes.gif
  Oh wait they're won't be one because the plea deal is coming.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Well the good news is Jerry got himself a second lawyer. And he's now made his first lawyer look like Perry Mason.

A Carlisle attorney who has joined Jerry Sandusky's defense team says the former Penn State assistant football coach may have showered with young boys because the children lacked basic hygiene skills.

Sandusky is accused of molesting ten boys he met through The Second Mile charity he founded for troubled youth.

"Some of these kids don't have basic hygiene skills," attorney Karl Rominger said. "Teaching a person to shower at the age of 12 or 14 sounds strange to some people, but people who work with troubled youth will tell you there are a lot of juvenile delinquents and people who are dependent who have to be taught basic life skills like how to put soap on their body."

Dear lord I can't wait for the trail.
eyes.gif
  Oh wait they're won't be one because the plea deal is coming.

30t6p3b.gif

Bunch of buck-passing mofos, the whole lot of them.

From what I just saw on ESPN real quick, I guess this dude McQueary saw what he saw in the shower, so he tells Joe Paterno.

So Joe Paterno tells him "You did the right thing. You told me." And then Joe tells his boss, the athletic director.

Then what? Did the buck get passed to the PSU prez?

I know what didn't happen: no one did what they would do if it was their grandson/son.

McQueary walks by and sees his own little boy in that scene with Sandusky, and he just walks on by, thinking "Gee, I better tell Joe about this"? HELL NO!

McQueary walks in to JoePa's office and says "So yeah, just walked by the locker room and saw Sandusky in the shower with your grandson, bro." Joe just says "Oh man, I'm sorry you had to see that. You did the right thing by coming to me"?! HELL NO!!

And if everyone involved could hear me right now or read this post, I'm sure they'd tell me "No, you don't understand, I didn't just stand by. I did go to blah, blah, blah and I told blah, blah, blah."

IF IT WAS THEIR GRANDSON/SON, THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO STOPPING.

And I'm sure any of you who are siding with PSU for whatever reason would tell me that I'm thinking too emotional and that's blinding my ability to be rational.

Same question to you: this is YOUR son that we're talking about being in the shower with Jerry. You're going to tell me you're still just sitting there saying "Now let's all just calm down and be rational"? HELL NO. And yes, I have to throw it out there that if you don't have a kid, I don't care what your defensive opinion is.

This dude Joe Pa said he waited a day to tell his bosses about the incident because he did not want to interfere with their weekends. The never of the people to just sit there and let this go on because they did not want the attention. I just hope one day that someone blows the lid of every scandal of this nature.

[h1]Joe Paterno says he 'backed away'[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

Joe Paterno, in the midst of treatments for lung cancer, made his first public statements since being fired after 46 seasons at Penn State, telling The Washington Post he did not know how to deal with the situation when he received a report that his former defensive coordinator was accused of abusing a boy in the shower at the Penn State football facility.

"I didn't know exactly how to handle it and I was afraid to do something that might jeopardize what the university procedure was," he told The Post in an extensive interview at his home in State College, Pa. "So I backed away and turned it over to some other people, people I thought would have a little more expertise than I did. It didn't work out that way."

[+] Enlarge
John McDonnell/The Washington PostFormer Penn State coach Joe Paterno was interviewed Thursday by The Washington Post at his home in State College, Pa.

The Post account describes Paterno, who is not accused of any wrongdoing, as physically weakened from his chemotherapy treatments, speaking with a rasp. The two-day interview was monitored by his attorney, Wick Sollers, and a communications adviser, Dan McGinn.

Paterno's cancer diagnosis was revealed Nov. 18, nine days after he was fired by Penn State in the wake of a sexual abuse scandal that has resulted in 52 counts of child molestation against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. Paterno had announced his retirement early on Nov. 9, but the Penn State board of trustees fired him and school president Graham Spanier about 12 hours later.

Sandusky says he is innocent and is under house arrest after posting $250,000 bail. His next court appearance is a March 22 pretrial conference.

In addition, Penn State athletic director Tim Curley, who is on leave, and a school vice president, Gary Schultz, face trial for charges of perjury and failing to report suspected child abuse and have left the school.

Paterno said he wished he knew how allegations against Sanduskydidn't come to light until this year. "I don't know the answer tothat," he said. "It's hard."

Paterno gave The Post his account of how and when he was told of the abuse allegation against Sandusky -- a man with whom he had a professional, not personal, relationship.

Paterno said that until assistant coach Mike McQueary, in 2002, approached him, he had "no inkling" of a possible dark side to Sandusky, according to The Post.

"He (McQueary) told me what he saw, and I said, what? He said it, well, looked like inappropriate, or fondling, I'm not quite sure exactly how he put it. I said you did what you had to do. It's my job now to figure out what we want to do," Paterno told The Post.

"So I sat around. It was a Saturday. Waited till Sunday because I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing. And then I called my superiors and I said, 'Hey, we got a problem, I think. Would you guys look into it?' Cause I didn't know, you know. We never had, until that point, 58 years I think, I had never had to deal with something like that. And I didn't feel adequate."

Paterno affirmed reports that McQueary was not specific in describing what he allegedly saw, and he told The Post that even if he did, "I don't know that it would have done any good, because I never heard of, of, rape and a man. So I just did what I thought was best. I talked to people that I thought would be, if there was a problem, that would be following up on it."

Paterno also said he did not know of the 1998 abuse allegation levied by the mother of a boy who was part of Sandusky's youth foundation, the Second Mile.

Joe Paterno, 85, was admitted to the hospital Friday for observation due to minor complications from cancer treatments, his family said. Earlier in the day, he had given the Post an interview from his bedside, though he was ill.

Jay Paterno, one of Joe Paterno's three sons, told ESPN's Tom Rinaldi in an interview last week that his father was "very anxious to get out there soon and start to tell his side of the story and start to express -- get all the facts out."

Jay Paterno added: "He's fighting like crazy. But it takes some, takes some energy out of him like it does anybody else. I mean, he said to me, 'I get tired from time to time.' "

In a statement released to The Associated Press, his family said he continues to undergo a "regimen of treatments" for what they have termed a treatable form of lung cancer.

The family hoped his latest stay would be brief. He most recently was in the hospital last month after re-breaking his pelvis following a fall at home. That stay also allowed Paterno to continue taking his cancer treatments, which have included radiation and chemotherapy.

Paterno had previously hurt his pelvis when he got run over accidentally by a player in practice in August, forcing him to spend most of the regular season coaching from the press box.

He remains employed as a tenured faculty member, and details of his retirement were being worked out and would be made public when finalized.

The schools trustees have said they intend to honor Paterno's contract as if he had retired at the end of the 2011 football season.

The trustees' firing of Paterno has come under scrutiny from several former players, as well as some alumni critical at meetings this week with school president Rodney Erickson about the motivation to oust Paterno. This is doing everything he can to cover his mistake and lesson the blow of him just basically letting a pedo roam free.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

You lived on this planet for 85 years and don't know what to do when an elder man is fondling little boys in locker room facilities.

WOW. this dude is a pile of !*@#. why did he back away? SIMPLE. Because he knew his glorious empire would crumble if word got out that this nasty $*+ old man was raping kids.

Joe Paterno can rot in hell....

Sad that this took so long to get the attention of the media and police involved, then the Syracuse thing too. Sad what this is doing to NCAA, and even worse what it did to the victims involved . Not sure if I am more mad or disgusted

And here comes the lawsuit hell for PSU...

Eight of 10 Alleged Sandusky Victims Claim They Were Molested on PSU Campus

Deadspin.com

In January, Jerry Sandusky's attorney, Joe Amendola, asked prosecutors for more information about the alleged victims in the case. Amendola wanted a "bill of particulars," which is more or less a list of allegations, including dates, locations, and the ages of the accusers, if not their names. Prosecutors filed the list with the court today (without names). We've attached it below.
The most important detail to note is that eight of the 10 alleged victims say they were abused on the Penn State campus. Five of them say the abuse happened in the Lasch Football Building, which houses the showers where graduate assistant Mike McQueary testified he saw Sandusky allegedly raping a boy. Other locations in the bill of particulars are the locker rooms in the Lasch building, the showers at the "East Area Locker Rooms" across from Holuba Hall, Sandusky's residence, various dormitories, a State College hotel, the hotel at Toftrees Golf Resort, the pool and fitness center of the Hilton Garden Inn in State College, the outdoor pool at University Park, Sandusky's car, and unspecified locations in Florida and Texas.

Oh and just for an added bonus:

Attorney General: Jerry Sandusky Victims were 8-17

AP
HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Prosecutors claim Jerry Sandusky sexually abused boys ranging in age from 8 to 17, eight of whom were molested on the Penn State campus, according to a document with new details about the case filed Thursday.

The Pennsylvania attorney general's office said in the document that crimes involving one of the 10 alleged victims took place in Florida and Texas, while another boy was abused at his own school.

Prosecutors were more specific in the document about the ages of the boys than in earlier reports, but much of the information is similar to details revealed in grand jury presentments issued last year that formed the basis for charges against the former Penn State assistant football coach.

Sandusky, 68, is confined to his home while he awaits trial on 52 criminal counts. He denies the allegations, and his lawyer said he did not think anything in the latest filing would change his defense strategy.

"We are continuing with the preparation of Jerry's defense with the goal of obtaining an acquittal on all the charges filed against him," attorney Joseph Amendola said in an email message Thursday.

On Wednesday, Judge John Cleland turned down Sandusky's request for a two-month delay that would have given them more time to prepare for trial. Cleland has tentatively scheduled trial to begin with jury selection on May 14.

I'm sticking with my prior statement this winter. This will not see trial and this predator will be copping a plea deal.

And here comes the lawsuit hell for PSU...

Eight of 10 Alleged Sandusky Victims Claim They Were Molested on PSU Campus

Deadspin.com

In January, Jerry Sandusky's attorney, Joe Amendola, asked prosecutors for more information about the alleged victims in the case. Amendola wanted a "bill of particulars," which is more or less a list of allegations, including dates, locations, and the ages of the accusers, if not their names. Prosecutors filed the list with the court today (without names). We've attached it below.
The most important detail to note is that eight of the 10 alleged victims say they were abused on the Penn State campus. Five of them say the abuse happened in the Lasch Football Building, which houses the showers where graduate assistant Mike McQueary testified he saw Sandusky allegedly raping a boy. Other locations in the bill of particulars are the locker rooms in the Lasch building, the showers at the "East Area Locker Rooms" across from Holuba Hall, Sandusky's residence, various dormitories, a State College hotel, the hotel at Toftrees Golf Resort, the pool and fitness center of the Hilton Garden Inn in State College, the outdoor pool at University Park, Sandusky's car, and unspecified locations in Florida and Texas.

Oh and just for an added bonus:

Attorney General: Jerry Sandusky Victims were 8-17

AP
HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Prosecutors claim Jerry Sandusky sexually abused boys ranging in age from 8 to 17, eight of whom were molested on the Penn State campus, according to a document with new details about the case filed Thursday.

The Pennsylvania attorney general's office said in the document that crimes involving one of the 10 alleged victims took place in Florida and Texas, while another boy was abused at his own school.

Prosecutors were more specific in the document about the ages of the boys than in earlier reports, but much of the information is similar to details revealed in grand jury presentments issued last year that formed the basis for charges against the former Penn State assistant football coach.

Sandusky, 68, is confined to his home while he awaits trial on 52 criminal counts. He denies the allegations, and his lawyer said he did not think anything in the latest filing would change his defense strategy.

"We are continuing with the preparation of Jerry's defense with the goal of obtaining an acquittal on all the charges filed against him," attorney Joseph Amendola said in an email message Thursday.

On Wednesday, Judge John Cleland turned down Sandusky's request for a two-month delay that would have given them more time to prepare for trial. Cleland has tentatively scheduled trial to begin with jury selection on May 14.

I'm sticking with my prior statement this winter. This will not see trial and this predator will be copping a plea deal.

Unreal....
30t6p3b.gif

Ry....why do you think Sandusky is going to cop a plea deal?  Also, who do you think will be thrown under the bus?  Do you think he'll say anything about Paterno?

I think this is your classic case of no one wanting this to go to trial. Penn State does not want it to, Sandusky's family does not want it to, and certainly the victims are likely to not want it to for fear of having to go on the stand and rehash the details. This is a tight-knit community, an embarrassed community, and some of the bigger names in that community are involved in the details and "coverup." And the media onslaught is beyond comprehension. When that is the case you typically start to see lawyers talking about plea options.

Would Sandusky accept say a 20-year plea deal for him to plead guilty? I really do not know. Perhaps he will just go down swinging. But I think his "team" would convince him otherwise.

Sandusky's lawyers might like this spotlight they are in but they also know they have to deal with numerous victims and their allegations. These are numerous victims with stories. They have to discredit all of them and leave a jury to think there is reasonable doubt Sandusky is really guilty of these charges. I don't think Amendola lays awake in bed at night thinking he truly can win this case. Throw in the fact that this week the judge rightly dismissed Amendola's attempt to delay the trial (something we knew was coming from him) and what you have here is the Sandusky team not having the time they would like to put together their hail-mary plan of attack.

Who really knows what will end up happening because this is such a unique case unlike anything we have ever seen. But from my perspective I am personally not seeing this entire thing played out in a Pennsylvania court room for all to see....all summer.

You're on point, Ry.

There will be no trial, and the guilty will never serve time.

Stories like this are exactly what has made me the cynic that I am.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

You're on point, Ry.

There will be no trial, and the guilty will never serve time.

Stories like this are exactly what has made me the cynic that I am.

Not sure how things like this work, but what if the feds get involved?  Could this case go to DC and OUT of Pennsylvania? 

ska I actually disagree, I think the point I was actually making was Sandusky is going to be looking at a plea but still for many years.

And if the case does go to trial and his lawyers get him completely off with no jail time I will be the most shocked person here.

DoubleJ - the feds are now starting to get involved. They've requested documents. I am not sure what their involvement will be yet.

We also are looking at countless civil lawsuits and countless lawyers licking their chops.

ska I actually disagree, I think the point I was actually making was Sandusky is going to be looking at a plea but still for many years.

And if the case does go to trial and his lawyers get him completely off with no jail time I will be the most shocked person here.

DoubleJ - the feds are now starting to get involved. They've requested documents. I am not sure what their involvement will be yet.

We also are looking at countless civil lawsuits and countless lawyers licking their chops.
Well, that's good.  As I said many pages ago, this case needs to get taken out of Pennsylvania.  I'm all for it coming to DC and having everyone raked over the coals for their crimes.  I really wonder how many layers of this story will come out over time? 

Here's an update from today:

[h1]Experts: Penn State investigation could focus on cover-up[/h1]
By SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News

It’s fairly clear the federal investigation into Penn State University won’t be a duplication of the grand jury probe that led to more than 50 counts of child sex abuse charges against Jerry Sandusky.

Instead, federal authorities seem to be stepping into areas where the state attorney general’s office hasn’t gone.

This time, they seem to be exploring the possibility of a cover-up at Penn State, as well as possible bribes, fraud, or misuse of federal money, according to three former federal prosecutors who were asked by The Patriot-News to independently review the subpoena Penn State received Feb. 2.

And on the case is one of the most experienced and respected assistant U.S. Attorneys in the region, Gordon Zubrod. Among his high-profile prosecutions: the Luzerne County kids-for-cash case that involved two county judges, child prostitution rings and fraud cases.

“If you thought there might be a cover up, these are the type of documents you might want to get to know, one way or another,

Back
Top Bottom