The Point-Forward appreciation post....

Big dudes who can handle the rock and facilitate the offense....not to mention ridiculous match-up problems that they create...anyways...here's to you (alldudes I've seen play at some point):

Pip
2007_12_31.scottie.jpg

Grant Hill
p1_granthill.jpg

Jalen Rose
353377.jpg

Lamar Odom
clippers_odom.jpg

and because he could play ANYWHERE...
johnson_080520.jpg

Lebron James
lebron-james(1).jpg

Boris Diaw
boris-diaw.jpg

and the motivation behind this thread................

amason_300_080412.jpg

pimp.gif

Mase was a ++%%*@* monster bringing the ball up the court. The ball would look like it was close to being deflated w. every dribble he took...

Pippen
pimp.gif

I remember dude was absolutely murdering Mark Jackson in the playoffs. Pacers had to counter with Travis Best.

But yeah the point-forward is appreciated
pimp.gif

Pippen played that role so well.

My favorite point forward to watch handle the ball, besides Magic, is Lamar Odom.
You hardly see a 6'10" - 6'11" guy handle the rock like Odom does.
pimp.gif

Unappreciated here. Warriors fan, and the point forwards were/are Dunleavy and Jackson
sick.gif
. Dunleavy just brought the ball past halfcourt and passed it; never even triedto make a play or dribble inside the three point line. Then there's Jackson; TO prone, handling sub-par, careless passes, and terrible decisions. Hogs theball too, and when he's got it he always slows the pace down, which doesn't help in this supposed-to-be uptempo style.

I loved Odom when he was with the Clips and Heat. I'd love to see him in a more uptempo-style because he's perfect for the role. He just has to get hishead together and put in some effort.

Originally Posted by JStar25

and the motivation behind this thread................
Should have been Pippen...
pimp.gif

pippen.jpg

here's the thing...I've always appreciated Pip's skill set...there is no denying his greatness...but Mase just never fit that mold of theskinny/cut point-forward that everyone was accustomed to watching. The thing I loved about Mase's game was that he was so damn big that he was a mismatchjust about anywhere you had him on the court. Not to mention he was one of the most intimidating dudes back in the L. Lebron is ridiculous in that he is6'8" 275, but Mase was the first dude (6'7" 270+) that big that I had EVER seen run the point...

*Escalade from And 1 will never be acknowledged (sp?)
laugh.gif

No-one ever believed me that Mase could handle the ball like that. I had to get a video of him breaking some guys ankles on an outdoor court to prove it - andthat video was on vhs.

Originally Posted by arrjae

Some of the best in the game right now, and up and comers....

The only one on this list I would call a point forward is Lebron James. When I think of point forwards, I think of forwards that can initiate the offense,which means they have to do more than just handle the ball and score.

Back
Top Bottom