The Poo has hit the fan! Iran's Ahmadinejad: Sept. 11 attacks a 'big lie'

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI, Associated Press Writer Ali Akbar Dareini, Associated Press Writer – Sat Mar 6, 1:50 pm ET

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Saturday called the official version of the Sept. 11 attacks a "big lie" used by the U.S. as an excuse for the war on terror, state media reported.

Ahmadinejad's comments, made during an address to Intelligence Ministry staff, come amid escalating tensions between the West and Tehran over its disputed nuclear program. They show that Iran has no intention of toning itself down even with tighter sanctions looming because of its refusal to halt uranium enrichment.

"September 11 was a big lie and a pretext for the war on terror and a prelude to invading Afghanistan," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by state TV. He called the attacks a "complicated intelligence scenario and act."

The Iranian president has questioned the official U.S. version of the Sept. 11 attacks before, but this is the first time he ventured to label it a "big lie."

In 2007, New York officials rejected Ahmadinejad's request to visit the World Trade Center site while he was in the city for a U.N. meeting. The president also sparked an uproar when he said during a lecture in New York that the causes and conditions that led to the attacks, as well as who orchestrated them, still need to be examined.

At the time, he also told Iranian state TV the attacks were "a result of mismanaging and inhumane managing of the world by the U.S," and that Washington was using Sept. 11 as an excuse to attack others.

He has also questioned the Sept. 11 death toll of around 3,000, claiming the Americans never published the victims' names.

On the 2007 anniversary of the attacks, the names of 2,750 victims killed in New York were read aloud at a memorial ceremony.

"September 11 was a big lie and a pretext for the war on terror and a prelude to invading Afghanistan," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by state TV. He called the attacks a "complicated intelligence scenario and act."

Interesting.

Anyways, I want to
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
with George W. Bush. 
pimp.gif

tell us something we don't know... a lot of people have been speculating this for a while

what if its all true and the us did plot all this to happen. do you think americans really want to know the truth

Originally Posted by tim teufel

what if its all true and the us did plot all this to happen. do you think americans really want to know the truth
laugh.gif

The same country that acts like racism is old news? Nah. They don't wanna know the truth about anything if it disturbs the comfort zone.

The government has been corrupt since they destroyed the native nations, ratified the US Constitution w/o the required 13/13 votes and bought and sold Africans like they were horses.

Get money, take care of your fam, build up your community, keep educating your circle and +++% the rest.

/rant

General, while I have to agree - I can't help but feel disturbed when I hear that our very own government destoryed this nation.

We have sacrificed our privacy with the Patriot Act, Airport 'full body screening', etc, all because our very own people sought out this 'master plan'.
smh.gif

I really didn't state my opinion on the matter, I just answered the question about Americans wanting to know the truth. 

Back
Top Bottom