The Power Of Internet. Vol: A little boy's dream

Found this today so I thought I'd share, sorry if I'm late!
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/844270--air-canada-to-send-boy-whose-wheelchair-it-broke-to-disney?bn=1

97536325482ba58ba6c1e74b990d.jpeg

When Twitter spoke, Air Canada listened.

The airline found itself in the eye of a social media storm after breaking a terminally ill boy’s $15,000 wheelchair on a flight to New York City Wednesday.

Air Canada first told his family he might have to wait until Monday to get his chair back. But by Thursday afternoon — after a massive social media outburst sparked by his blogger aunt — the airline returned his fixed chair and offered him a free trip to Disney World.

Tanner Bawn, 10, of Vancouver, has muscular dystrophy and is immobile without the electric wheelchair.

The airline took the chair apart for shipping and couldn’t put it back together because it was damaged by the time they arrived in LaGuardia Airport in Queens, N.Y., on Wednesday.

“We know Tanner’s No. 1 personal wish is to go to Disney World, so we’ll be making that happen for him and his cousins,

Found this today so I thought I'd share, sorry if I'm late!
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/844270--air-canada-to-send-boy-whose-wheelchair-it-broke-to-disney?bn=1

97536325482ba58ba6c1e74b990d.jpeg

When Twitter spoke, Air Canada listened.

The airline found itself in the eye of a social media storm after breaking a terminally ill boy’s $15,000 wheelchair on a flight to New York City Wednesday.

Air Canada first told his family he might have to wait until Monday to get his chair back. But by Thursday afternoon — after a massive social media outburst sparked by his blogger aunt — the airline returned his fixed chair and offered him a free trip to Disney World.

Tanner Bawn, 10, of Vancouver, has muscular dystrophy and is immobile without the electric wheelchair.

The airline took the chair apart for shipping and couldn’t put it back together because it was damaged by the time they arrived in LaGuardia Airport in Queens, N.Y., on Wednesday.

“We know Tanner’s No. 1 personal wish is to go to Disney World, so we’ll be making that happen for him and his cousins,

Air Canada really sucks.

Best believe if it weren't for the internet (which this article states) Dude would have a pile of chair parts in his lap, and nothing else.

Air Canada really sucks.

Best believe if it weren't for the internet (which this article states) Dude would have a pile of chair parts in his lap, and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom