The re whitening of america

It's on the move....

1618331789771.png

Creationism can be taught as science in Arkansas classrooms, lawmakers say

A bill to allow Christian beliefs to be taught in Arkansas classrooms easily passed the state House Wednesday. House Bill 1701 now heads to the Senate side for a vote.

The bill will allow kindergarten through 12th grade teachers to teach students about the Christian theory of creationism, which claims that a divine being conjured the universe and all things in it in six days. The bill specifies that creationism can be taught not only in religion and philosophy classes, but “as a theory of how the Earth came to exist.”

As with so many pieces of legislation churning out of the Arkansas Capitol this session, if HB 1701 passes, a quick court challenge on this blatant mixing of church and state is all but inevitable. The United States Supreme Court already considered this issue in 1987 and ruled in no uncertain terms that teaching creationism in public school classrooms is unconstitutional. But blatant unconstitutionality hasn’t dissuaded Arkansas lawmakers so far this session. One Senate bill that passed recently, for example, declared all federal gun laws null and void within our state’s borders, in clear opposition to the Supremacy Clause that says federal laws take precedence over state laws.

Rep. Mary Bentley (R-Perryville), sponsor of House Bill 1701 “TO ALLOW CREATIONISM AS A THEORY OF HOW THE EARTH CAME TO EXIST TO BE TAUGHT IN KINDERGARTEN THROUGH GRADE TWELVE CLASSES IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND OPEN–ENROLLMENT PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOLS,” said she put forth the bill at the request of science teachers in her district.

“There are phenomena in our nature that evolution cannot explain,” Bentley said. She emphasized that science teachers may teach creationism under this bill, but they don’t have to.

“Why would we do this when the Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that it’s illegal to do that,” asked Rep. Deborah Ferguson (D-West Memphis). Ferguson pointed out that Arkansas has been down this road before in 1982 when state lawmakers tried to force creationism into the state’s curriculum. U.S. District Judge William Overton put a stop to it with his ruling in McLean v. Arkansas Board of Education.

Its Arkansas, man. The probably teach this stuff anyway they're just trying to do it legally. I don't think it isn't unbelievable to that most ppl believe in some form creationism anyway b/c most ppl claim to be religious or spiritual. Also, a lot the latinos coming over be white like Ted Cruz b/c they have resources to do so b/c they are white. They'll probably be the new white majority. That's a lot of ppl.

Its Arkansas, man. The probably teach this stuff anyway they're just trying to do it legally. I don't think it isn't unbelievable to that most ppl believe in some form creationism anyway b/c most ppl claim to be religious or spiritual. Also, a lot the latinos coming over be white like Ted Cruz b/c they have resources to do so b/c they are white. They'll probably be the new white majority. That's a lot of ppl.
The storming of the capitol and voting rules being passed.

So y'all think we just came here from absolutely nothing with no higher intervention?

Y'all think we evolved from stardust to rocket ships without a creator of this realm?

Creationism teaches that earth was created w/n the last 10k years despite so much evidence pointing towards the billions. Idc if I'm ****ting on another beliefs in this regards b/c what they believe is a stupid thing to believe. It's just dumb.

Didnt you suggest we teach school children that men didnt exist at one point and women simply procreated on their own?

Is that scientific fact or just your beliefs?
Scientific fact. Teach the true origins of the planet. Big Bang on down, and then who the god is that the religions are worshipping right now, and then why.

Tell the truth, scientifically.

Last edited:
I dont see the correlation between the post and the thread title.

Regarding the article, its a non issue. They openly teach unproven theories in schools, so its whatever.

Regarding the article, its a non issue. They openly teach other unproven theories, so its whatever.
Christianity is used to excuse and justify white supremacy; which is weird b/c the ppl in the Bible looked like the average (North African) Middle Eastern.

So y'all think we just came here from absolutely nothing with no higher intervention?

Y'all think we evolved from stardust to rocket ships without a creator of this realm?
I think there's no evidence of higher intervention or a creator.

Until someone can make a compelling argument for either, I will say "I don't know, but I don't believe" and keep it moving.

Christianity is used to excuse and justify white supremacy; which is weird b/c the ppl in the Bible looked like the average (North African) Middle Eastern.
Christianity is used to justify alot of ****. But that doesnt make it accurate and that doesnt make it its purpose.

I guess Christianity means different things to different people...

We in simulation, sometimes I handle hyper obsess about ppl or things and they pop up. Those very realistic 10-20 second scenes in your dreams that become something. They don’t even be life changing or nothing they’re just, just.

Regarding the article, its a non issue. They openly teach unproven theories in schools, so its whatever.
You don’t see the problem with a bunch of redneck teaching and learning this, ‘eh? Why?

You don’t see the problem with a bunch of redneck teaching and learning this, ‘eh? Why?
I see why you say redneck, but everyone i know from Ark is black. So I get a diff image in my mind...but to address your point:

I learned in school the Pyramids in the Giza platue are tombs for egyptian pharaohs and dignitaries. As an adult, I have seen the evidence that it was anything but that. Therefore... I teach my own children cus I dont trust the school system. I know everyone doesnt have that ability so im kinda an outlier, but thats why im more indifferent to public curriculum.

Even if you do send them to school, we should be going over what they learned and helping them process info and trashing what is not accurate. Cus in the real world they will hear ideas that require challenging. So this trains them to think more critically.

Christianity is used to justify alot of ****. But that doesnt make it accurate and that doesnt make it its purpose.

I guess Christianity means different things to different people...
I personally think the average person believing in a higher power is necessary b/c it gives them something to look forward to. That’s why we’ve been around so long, imo. I do tend to get annoyed when ppl try to impose their beliefs on others though. Teaching creationism opposed to truths that keep evolving fills that quota.

I see why you say redneck, but everyone i know from Ark is black. So I get a diff image in my mind...but to address your point:

I learned in school the Pyramids in the Giza platue are tombs for egyptian pharaohs and dignitaries. As an adult, I have seen the evidence that it was anything but that. Therefore... I teach my own children cus I dont trust the school system. I know everyone doesnt have that ability so im kinda an outlier, but thats why im more indifferent to public curriculum.

Even if you do send them to school, we should be going over what they learned and helping them process info and trashing what is not accurate. Cus in the real world they will hear ideas that require challenging. So this trains them to think more critically.
I forget, people refer to Bill Clinton as the first Black president of the us.

Creationism sounds good to a lot of people until you ask them explain it all the way. Then, even they start cringing
Do they even realize that such teachings give energy to the MAGA crew and their ability to conflate politics and religion?

Back
Top Bottom