The REAL Golden Era was 2000-2005.

i guess this is a good era for me b.c this was when i was just coming up in the game and i was to young for the mid90's stuff your talking about.

-Tyler

i guess this is a good era for me b.c this was when i was just coming up in the game and i was to young for the mid90's stuff your talking about.

-Tyler

I defintely agree with you OP.  Until a couple weeks ago, I was rotating between VC3s, Ultraflights and Hyperflights.  I havent bought new basketball shoes in 6 years until I bought the Hyperfuse in April this year.  And i only bought them because the existing kicks (especially the 10 year old Hyperflights) were falling apart.

IMO 2000 - 2005 was when Nike was really pushing the envelope.  the only shoes that have moderately interested me in the last 6 years are the Lebron 4s.  nowadays Nike seems to be playing it safe and everything seems to look the same.  Huarache, hyperdunk, hyperize, hyperfuse etc are all basically the same shoe.

BTW still looking for shox stunners size 10.5

I defintely agree with you OP.  Until a couple weeks ago, I was rotating between VC3s, Ultraflights and Hyperflights.  I havent bought new basketball shoes in 6 years until I bought the Hyperfuse in April this year.  And i only bought them because the existing kicks (especially the 10 year old Hyperflights) were falling apart.

IMO 2000 - 2005 was when Nike was really pushing the envelope.  the only shoes that have moderately interested me in the last 6 years are the Lebron 4s.  nowadays Nike seems to be playing it safe and everything seems to look the same.  Huarache, hyperdunk, hyperize, hyperfuse etc are all basically the same shoe.

this is actually the time when I stepped away from shoes 2001-2006 I did buy nothing. 90's>>>>anything 

this is actually the time when I stepped away from shoes 2001-2006 I did buy nothing. 90's>>>>anything 

that reminds me i still have a black/red pair of ultraflights i haven't balled in yet.

and yeah, every company had innovations, not just nike.

that reminds me i still have a black/red pair of ultraflights i haven't balled in yet.

and yeah, every company had innovations, not just nike.

I don't know if I agree or disagree, but I definitely agree that what was released during those 5 years was way more daring/forward thinking than what's been released the past five years, which for the most part has been complete and utter garbage.

I don't know if I agree or disagree, but I definitely agree that what was released during those 5 years was way more daring/forward thinking than what's been released the past five years, which for the most part has been complete and utter garbage.

Originally Posted by 0onetwo

Exactly. Every shoe that came out during this time was different and unique. I loved the innovations there were going for during this period, and that's what made me a big fan of this particular era in theNike basketball line. I loved the 90's but 2000-2004ish felt special to me.

I still have a pair of Stunners and Turbines left over from this era that I probably shouldn't use anymore. But that's how much I loved the shoes from this period. I still search for 2k3's, 2k4's, and Ultraflights periodically.

Originally Posted by 0onetwo

Exactly. Every shoe that came out during this time was different and unique. I loved the innovations there were going for during this period, and that's what made me a big fan of this particular era in theNike basketball line. I loved the 90's but 2000-2004ish felt special to me.

I still have a pair of Stunners and Turbines left over from this era that I probably shouldn't use anymore. But that's how much I loved the shoes from this period. I still search for 2k3's, 2k4's, and Ultraflights periodically.

Clutchshooter I definitely agree with you on this

I might be biased because this is when I started getting in to kicks, like in 02 in 5th grade

Besides the shox that came out while they were still good you had the zoom 2k3 and huarache 2k4 & 2k5, flightposite 3's, zoom flight turbines, ultraflights, air max elite's, air max finishers.. I'm sure I'm missing some other notables but thats just off the top of my head real quick.

Other companies were doing they're thing too. And1 some solid KG kicks, the spree's and tai chi's were nice. Tmac 1 & 2s were fresh.

They even a couple quality jordans were dropping in the 16-18s, jumpman fbi, j'madness, masterpiece. The retros back then were still way better than as of late too

Clutchshooter I definitely agree with you on this

I might be biased because this is when I started getting in to kicks, like in 02 in 5th grade

Besides the shox that came out while they were still good you had the zoom 2k3 and huarache 2k4 & 2k5, flightposite 3's, zoom flight turbines, ultraflights, air max elite's, air max finishers.. I'm sure I'm missing some other notables but thats just off the top of my head real quick.

Other companies were doing they're thing too. And1 some solid KG kicks, the spree's and tai chi's were nice. Tmac 1 & 2s were fresh.

They even a couple quality jordans were dropping in the 16-18s, jumpman fbi, j'madness, masterpiece. The retros back then were still way better than as of late too

mid-late 90s. close the thread already cause thats the right answer
smile.gif
jk..

i think there may be some bias in people's answers too. generation gap might play a part in answers.

mid-late 90s. close the thread already cause thats the right answer
smile.gif
jk..

i think there may be some bias in people's answers too. generation gap might play a part in answers.

Originally Posted by ZoomFlight15

the MORF line was the stupidest idea ever.  Think about it for a sec......  See?

No shoe has ever oozed quality in every regard more than the Air Zoom GP III.

The shoe was absolutely stunning out of the box.

The build quality was unparalleled and the materials used were top of the line.

The series was a technical and engineering marvel. As far as the concept, it worked seamlessly in its goal to have interchangeable outer shells on a single inner shoe.

On top of all that it was a great performance shoe.

As much as people forget, there was a time when a heavier shoe did not cause grown men to break down weeping because their tiny leg muscles couldn't deal with it.  

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

My age correlates perfectly with being a fan of shoes from the 90's but 00-05 is simply impossible to overlook.

The era really is the peak of pure shoe design. The best.

Innovation is what makes shoes exciting, not signature athletes, 'og' status, limited editions, special colourways, quickstrikes, etc.

Originally Posted by ZoomFlight15

the MORF line was the stupidest idea ever.  Think about it for a sec......  See?

No shoe has ever oozed quality in every regard more than the Air Zoom GP III.

The shoe was absolutely stunning out of the box.

The build quality was unparalleled and the materials used were top of the line.

The series was a technical and engineering marvel. As far as the concept, it worked seamlessly in its goal to have interchangeable outer shells on a single inner shoe.

On top of all that it was a great performance shoe.

As much as people forget, there was a time when a heavier shoe did not cause grown men to break down weeping because their tiny leg muscles couldn't deal with it.  

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

My age correlates perfectly with being a fan of shoes from the 90's but 00-05 is simply impossible to overlook.

The era really is the peak of pure shoe design. The best.

Innovation is what makes shoes exciting, not signature athletes, 'og' status, limited editions, special colourways, quickstrikes, etc.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Going with mid-to-late 90's too.
Same here, not only were the 90's Jordans awesome but Nikes like the Air Zoom Flight 96, Air Pippens 1 and 2, Air Force Max, 
Air Foamposite One etc. were all amazing basketball shoes.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Going with mid-to-late 90's too.
Same here, not only were the 90's Jordans awesome but Nikes like the Air Zoom Flight 96, Air Pippens 1 and 2, Air Force Max, 
Air Foamposite One etc. were all amazing basketball shoes.

Oh wow and how could I forget, some of the sickest Jordans (17's, 18's, 20's, 19's white/grey and black/red/silver pair) on my list and anyone elses came out during the 2000-2005 era.

Back
Top Bottom