The REAL Golden Era was 2000-2005.

Oh wow and how could I forget, some of the sickest Jordans (17's, 18's, 20's, 19's white/grey and black/red/silver pair) on my list and anyone elses came out during the 2000-2005 era.

Originally Posted by TheWealth

Y'all must be too young to remember 95'- 96'
eyes.gif
this...

Just in terms of Nike, the signatures shoes of Jason Kidd, Penny Hardaway, Gary Payton, Scottie Pippen, Charles Barkley, Kevin Garnett, Tim Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Reggie Miller >>> Whatever, Whenever 
wink.gif

Just in terms of Nike, the signatures shoes of Jason Kidd, Penny Hardaway, Gary Payton, Scottie Pippen, Charles Barkley, Kevin Garnett, Tim Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Reggie Miller >>> Whatever, Whenever 
wink.gif

im going to have to disagree my man.....1st when jordans were still considered nikes were the golden ages ...but mid 90's all of the pippens , pennys , air max's etc cant be beaten imo

im going to have to disagree my man.....1st when jordans were still considered nikes were the golden ages ...but mid 90's all of the pippens , pennys , air max's etc cant be beaten imo

White/Red BB4
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

They were using the perfect shade of red around then too. Those and the white/red Zoom Flight 2K3.
nerd.gif

White/Red BB4
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

They were using the perfect shade of red around then too. Those and the white/red Zoom Flight 2K3.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by ZoomFlight15

the MORF line was the stupidest idea ever.  Think about it for a sec......  See?

No shoe has ever oozed quality in every regard more than the Air Zoom GP III.

The shoe was absolutely stunning out of the box.

The build quality was unparalleled and the materials used were top of the line.

The series was a technical and engineering marvel. As far as the concept, it worked seamlessly in its goal to have interchangeable outer shells on a single inner shoe.

On top of all that it was a great performance shoe.

As much as people forget, there was a time when a heavier shoe did not cause grown men to break down weeping because their tiny leg muscles couldn't deal with it.  
The build quality and materials were very good on the shoe, and I thought the blue GPIIIs looked great.
I just think the whole interchangeability concept was just too gimmicky.  I'd rather just have multiple pairs of a full shoe in different colors.  I understand that it makes it more affordable to get different colorways, but in the end kinda cheapens the overall product, especially for a sig model.  And having the same inner bootie for 3 different sig models?  That just cheapens it even more.  You could buy one full shoe, and just the skins for the other two if you really wanted to.  

Also, the Kidd's and Pippens were ugly IMO.

Hey, maybe they should make the next Zoom Kobe use MORF.  Save y'all some money.  hehe  : )

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by ZoomFlight15

the MORF line was the stupidest idea ever.  Think about it for a sec......  See?

No shoe has ever oozed quality in every regard more than the Air Zoom GP III.

The shoe was absolutely stunning out of the box.

The build quality was unparalleled and the materials used were top of the line.

The series was a technical and engineering marvel. As far as the concept, it worked seamlessly in its goal to have interchangeable outer shells on a single inner shoe.

On top of all that it was a great performance shoe.

As much as people forget, there was a time when a heavier shoe did not cause grown men to break down weeping because their tiny leg muscles couldn't deal with it.  
The build quality and materials were very good on the shoe, and I thought the blue GPIIIs looked great.
I just think the whole interchangeability concept was just too gimmicky.  I'd rather just have multiple pairs of a full shoe in different colors.  I understand that it makes it more affordable to get different colorways, but in the end kinda cheapens the overall product, especially for a sig model.  And having the same inner bootie for 3 different sig models?  That just cheapens it even more.  You could buy one full shoe, and just the skins for the other two if you really wanted to.  

Also, the Kidd's and Pippens were ugly IMO.

Hey, maybe they should make the next Zoom Kobe use MORF.  Save y'all some money.  hehe  : )

eyes.gif

Or he just prefers the aesthetics of early 2000's shoes. I remember both pretty well and was more "wowed" by mid to late 90's shoes, maybe because I was younger. But I don't think he's crazy for having that opinion.

eyes.gif

Or he just prefers the aesthetics of early 2000's shoes. I remember both pretty well and was more "wowed" by mid to late 90's shoes, maybe because I was younger. But I don't think he's crazy for having that opinion.

Man I remember hooping in the Gary Paytons and lovin em, too broke to afford Jordans, what was cool was that at the time there were so many great players that had good shoes, and on top of that it made all the characters of NBA Jam easily likeable too

Man I remember hooping in the Gary Paytons and lovin em, too broke to afford Jordans, what was cool was that at the time there were so many great players that had good shoes, and on top of that it made all the characters of NBA Jam easily likeable too

Back
Top Bottom