The REAL Golden Era was 2000-2005.

Also who remembers the exact link when nike basketball had all their kicks in an interactive timeline? A link would be greatly appreciated.

Also who remembers the exact link when nike basketball had all their kicks in an interactive timeline? A link would be greatly appreciated.

This was personally MY favorite era. Half the shoes I have now came from this era. Yes the 90s undoubtedly was better but they didn't push the envelope like this era did. We'll likely NEVER see shoes like the Ultraflights and turbines EVER again because they're too extreme and aren't conservative or "retro" looking enough for most people.

This was personally MY favorite era. Half the shoes I have now came from this era. Yes the 90s undoubtedly was better but they didn't push the envelope like this era did. We'll likely NEVER see shoes like the Ultraflights and turbines EVER again because they're too extreme and aren't conservative or "retro" looking enough for most people.

2000s has been the decade of the "Gimmicks" Shox,flywire,lunar,fuse

none of that crap does it for me.. give me a pair of flights for the 90s and call it a day.

2000s has been the decade of the "Gimmicks" Shox,flywire,lunar,fuse

none of that crap does it for me.. give me a pair of flights for the 90s and call it a day.

Originally Posted by ZoomFlight15

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

the MORF line was the stupidest idea ever.  Think about it for a sec......  See?

No shoe has ever oozed quality in every regard more than the Air Zoom GP III.

The shoe was absolutely stunning out of the box.

The build quality was unparalleled and the materials used were top of the line.

The series was a technical and engineering marvel. As far as the concept, it worked seamlessly in its goal to have interchangeable outer shells on a single inner shoe.

On top of all that it was a great performance shoe.

As much as people forget, there was a time when a heavier shoe did not cause grown men to break down weeping because their tiny leg muscles couldn't deal with it.  
The build quality and materials were very good on the shoe, and I thought the blue GPIIIs looked great.
I just think the whole interchangeability concept was just too gimmicky.  I'd rather just have multiple pairs of a full shoe in different colors.

4 colourways in the Paytons, 2 in the Pippens and 2 in the Kidd's. Not to mention that each shoe had  a different coloured inner chasis. Seemed like a lot of selection.  

I understand that it makes it more affordable to get different colorways, but in the end kinda cheapens the overall product, especially for a sig model.  And having the same inner bootie for 3 different sig models?  That just cheapens it even more.  You could buy one full shoe, and just the skins for the other two if you really wanted to.  

Also, the Kidd's and Pippens were ugly IMO.

Well being more affordable was kind of entirely the point. For less than the price of 2 pairs of shoes, you could have 3 or 4 Sigs.

Base package cost a ton but skins were only $30 and the MORF concept helped them last a damn long time. 

Also each skin did have a different feel as far as flex, support and traction.

Also I thought all of them looked great. Especially the GP's which were outstanding and the Pips were solid as well.  

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

the MORF line was the stupidest idea ever.  Think about it for a sec......  See?

No shoe has ever oozed quality in every regard more than the Air Zoom GP III.

The shoe was absolutely stunning out of the box.

The build quality was unparalleled and the materials used were top of the line.

The series was a technical and engineering marvel. As far as the concept, it worked seamlessly in its goal to have interchangeable outer shells on a single inner shoe.

On top of all that it was a great performance shoe.

As much as people forget, there was a time when a heavier shoe did not cause grown men to break down weeping because their tiny leg muscles couldn't deal with it.  
The build quality and materials were very good on the shoe, and I thought the blue GPIIIs looked great.
I just think the whole interchangeability concept was just too gimmicky.  I'd rather just have multiple pairs of a full shoe in different colors.

4 colourways in the Paytons, 2 in the Pippens and 2 in the Kidd's. Not to mention that each shoe had  a different coloured inner chasis. Seemed like a lot of selection.  

I understand that it makes it more affordable to get different colorways, but in the end kinda cheapens the overall product, especially for a sig model.  And having the same inner bootie for 3 different sig models?  That just cheapens it even more.  You could buy one full shoe, and just the skins for the other two if you really wanted to.  

Also, the Kidd's and Pippens were ugly IMO.

Well being more affordable was kind of entirely the point. For less than the price of 2 pairs of shoes, you could have 3 or 4 Sigs.

Base package cost a ton but skins were only $30 and the MORF concept helped them last a damn long time. 

Also each skin did have a different feel as far as flex, support and traction.

Also I thought all of them looked great. Especially the GP's which were outstanding and the Pips were solid as well.  

You could also iD skins....so thats more options. The window on the Pippens were its flaw. The damn thing would pop out over time.

You could also iD skins....so thats more options. The window on the Pippens were its flaw. The damn thing would pop out over time.

^ On my highschool team, the other 4 starters and I tried to ID the GP 3 skins in Gold and Royal to match our uni's, only to see that ID wasn't offered anywhere but the states yet.

A decade later and still no ID to Canada. Why the hell they won't just ship a few extra miles north is beyond stupid.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Never heard that issue before. Didn't happen with my pair and I wore them into the ground.

Pics?

^ On my highschool team, the other 4 starters and I tried to ID the GP 3 skins in Gold and Royal to match our uni's, only to see that ID wasn't offered anywhere but the states yet.

A decade later and still no ID to Canada. Why the hell they won't just ship a few extra miles north is beyond stupid.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Never heard that issue before. Didn't happen with my pair and I wore them into the ground.

Pics?

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

i loved my shox stunners. dont know where they are now though lol
O man. I still use them as my outdoor kicks. Love the way these look/felt

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

i loved my shox stunners. dont know where they are now though lol
O man. I still use them as my outdoor kicks. Love the way these look/felt

Although I remember the mid to late 90's well, from a pure performance aspect I prefer the 2000-20005 era. Even the design aesthetics were a bit simpler; the Pippen IV's, Jordan XVIII, & Max Elites were things of beauty. The morfs were amazingly comfy and the zoom/shox based kicks ala Shox Limited impressed also. Man I'm going to eBay now LOL!

Although I remember the mid to late 90's well, from a pure performance aspect I prefer the 2000-20005 era. Even the design aesthetics were a bit simpler; the Pippen IV's, Jordan XVIII, & Max Elites were things of beauty. The morfs were amazingly comfy and the zoom/shox based kicks ala Shox Limited impressed also. Man I'm going to eBay now LOL!

Originally Posted by rpcjr72

Although I remember the mid to late 90's well, from a pure performance aspect I prefer the 2000-20005 era. Even the design aesthetics were a bit simpler; the Pippen IV's, Jordan XVIII, & Max Elites were things of beauty. The morfs were amazingly comfy and the zoom/shox based kicks ala Shox Limited impressed also.   
I believe you're thinking of the Shox Limitless. Might be the only pair of heel shox/forefoot zoom shoes that I never liked.

The shox Status and Shox supremacy were dope as well. Especially the Supremacy. The Stunners were still the best of course.

The convo hasn't even spread away from Basketball kicks yet.

Had a pair of Shox TL back in the day, which is to this day still might be the most visually compelling  and outlandish pair of shoes I've ever worn. The shox on these things were OD big
laugh.gif
.  They were breaking necks left and right.

They toned the size down for the 2's and 3's which was a shame.

Shox TL

10mlbp0.jpg

1orrsz.jpg

Shox Supremacy

auxibk.jpg

Shox Status

muk42d.jpg

Originally Posted by rpcjr72

Although I remember the mid to late 90's well, from a pure performance aspect I prefer the 2000-20005 era. Even the design aesthetics were a bit simpler; the Pippen IV's, Jordan XVIII, & Max Elites were things of beauty. The morfs were amazingly comfy and the zoom/shox based kicks ala Shox Limited impressed also.   
I believe you're thinking of the Shox Limitless. Might be the only pair of heel shox/forefoot zoom shoes that I never liked.

The shox Status and Shox supremacy were dope as well. Especially the Supremacy. The Stunners were still the best of course.

The convo hasn't even spread away from Basketball kicks yet.

Had a pair of Shox TL back in the day, which is to this day still might be the most visually compelling  and outlandish pair of shoes I've ever worn. The shox on these things were OD big
laugh.gif
.  They were breaking necks left and right.

They toned the size down for the 2's and 3's which was a shame.

Shox TL

10mlbp0.jpg

1orrsz.jpg

Shox Supremacy

auxibk.jpg

Shox Status

muk42d.jpg

Originally Posted by Heshua

Originally Posted by never wear them

I can honestly say, and anyone can co-sign, even these youngsters ebayin and searching for kicks for this era, The 90s is when it was "poppin".

You had kicks that wouldve lasted you for a long minute. No bullssh bout worrying if your Flywire was gonna rip or if the shoes are good for blacktop... Negative...

90s> any decade.
Preach my dude, preach.  Now you got kobe's ripping in the middle of indoor pick up games.  I dont even want to think about what would happen to them outdoor.  I remember I used to play basketball, football and tennis in my Jordan XIIs and they lasted me like a year.

w0rd up, i used 2 play in my 0Gs when i was little(then get hit by my mom lol), and they lasted me ALL year, sometimes 2!

Back
Top Bottom