The Rebirth of Blockbuster???Vol. Games through mail now

Will this be enough to save BB?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1111482p1.html

In an effort to compete with rent-by-mail services Netflix and GameFly, American-based rental chain Blockbuster has now added videogames to its catalog of titles that can be sent to subscribers' homes directly.

Blockbuster claims over 3,000 games are now available, adding to its collection of 95,000 movies and television shows. There is no extra charge or late fees, and subscribers can rent any combination of movies and games for Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, and Wii.

Subscriptions start as low as $8.99 per month with no limit on the number of games being rented.

Oddly I was just having a convo today about Gamefly and never getting any new games or just waiting an amazingly long time(my friend has had Red Dead on the top of his queue since release) so its already a good alternative to gamefly

I have Netflix now, but for the same price to include games is
pimp.gif

BUT... Blockbuster doesn't offer Instant Queue...
nerd.gif

Will this be enough to save BB?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1111482p1.html

In an effort to compete with rent-by-mail services Netflix and GameFly, American-based rental chain Blockbuster has now added videogames to its catalog of titles that can be sent to subscribers' homes directly.

Blockbuster claims over 3,000 games are now available, adding to its collection of 95,000 movies and television shows. There is no extra charge or late fees, and subscribers can rent any combination of movies and games for Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, and Wii.

Subscriptions start as low as $8.99 per month with no limit on the number of games being rented.

Oddly I was just having a convo today about Gamefly and never getting any new games or just waiting an amazingly long time(my friend has had Red Dead on the top of his queue since release) so its already a good alternative to gamefly

I have Netflix now, but for the same price to include games is
pimp.gif

BUT... Blockbuster doesn't offer Instant Queue...
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Blockbuster will still be gone by 2011. Blockbuster is dropping steadily to its death. Even their kiosks aren't helping them with business since they don't even own/run that part of the business.

Netflix and Gamefly will continue doing their thing.

laugh.gif
Blockbuster will still be gone by 2011. Blockbuster is dropping steadily to its death. Even their kiosks aren't helping them with business since they don't even own/run that part of the business.

Netflix and Gamefly will continue doing their thing.

i feel bad for blockbuster...they just arent on the forefront of the rental industry anymore...i hope they make it

i feel bad for blockbuster...they just arent on the forefront of the rental industry anymore...i hope they make it

It's sad to see any business get closed out, but to think of all the $ wasted over my lifetime in RENTED movies at over 5 bucks...
sick.gif

It was about time Blockbuster threw in the towel, their business model just isn't logical in this day and age. 

Off topic, but this just made me think of how strange consumer behavior is. People will be outraged at paying1-2 dollars to own a phone application, but will easily cough 4-5 bucks on a cup of coffee. 

It's sad to see any business get closed out, but to think of all the $ wasted over my lifetime in RENTED movies at over 5 bucks...
sick.gif

It was about time Blockbuster threw in the towel, their business model just isn't logical in this day and age. 

Off topic, but this just made me think of how strange consumer behavior is. People will be outraged at paying1-2 dollars to own a phone application, but will easily cough 4-5 bucks on a cup of coffee. 

I just checked my blockbuster online and Madden 2011 wont be available to be queued until November.

I just checked my blockbuster online and Madden 2011 wont be available to be queued until November.

Back
Top Bottom