The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Watch this video my man:

Repped but
giphy.gif
:rofl:

^^^
Fair enough, the $15 ones you posted are pure trash. I don't think they do any kind of upscaling so the image you get will look like a blurry mess.

^^^
Fair enough, the $15 ones you posted are pure trash. I don't think they do any kind of upscaling so the image you get will look like a blurry mess.

Oh my intent wasn't to enhance the quality. It was to just get the console to hook up and operate. Do those converters do the job if need be?

macbk macbk , if you don't want the best quality possible but still want it to be able to hook up to a HDTV like that Sony of yours...........best thing to do is to buy a S-video to HDMI converter, THEN buy a S-video cord for your N64. At the very least, S-video can make the image quality look "slightly" better on your Sony flatscreen after you use the HDMI converter to connect it.........instead of it looking like complete *** when using the basic AV to HDMI converter.

The N64 DOES NOT come with a stock S-video cord if you are using the American version, the PAL/Europe version of the N64 does come with a stock S-video cord.

There are third party S-video cords that are used for both the N64 and Gamecube being sold at both retro gaming stores AND on Amazon.com at a very decent price, so you won't have to drop a **** ton for these cords alongside a possible HDMI converter.

macbk macbk , if you don't want the best quality possible but still want it to be able to hook up to a HDTV like that Sony of yours...........best thing to do is to buy a S-video to HDMI converter, THEN buy a S-video cord for your N64. At the very least, S-video can make the image quality look "slightly" better on your Sony flatscreen after you use the HDMI converter to connect it.........instead of it looking like complete *** when using the basic AV to HDMI converter.

The N64 DOES NOT come with a stock S-video cord if you are using the American version, the PAL/Europe version of the N64 does come with a stock S-video cord.

There are third party S-video cords that are used for both the N64 and Gamecube being sold at both retro gaming stores AND on Amazon.com at a very decent price, so you won't have to drop a **** ton for these cords alongside a possible HDMI converter.

Appreciate the insight man. Same goes for you vood99 vood99

Wound up getting it to work tonight without any extra purchases. Just had to plug the yellow cable into the green component.

bigjny88 bigjny88 Just a heads up my bro, the image clarity between the Composite (Yellow) & S-Video on a CRT (old school tube TVs) is quite impressive but the main issue with current HDTVs is that they don't have processing for 240p/480i signals so it may not be worth it for macbk macbk to spend the extra on S-Video.

Just picked up Shaq Fu for the Sega Genesis for a whopping $2 at my local thrift store. Yay me.

After a random moment of playing Super Mario Galaxy, I would like to remind everyone...........the Wii sensor bar and the Wii controller & nunchuck ARE ABSOLUTE HOT GARBAGE.

Thank god Nintendo finally upgraded from these crappy devices to actual bluetooth wireless controllers like the Switch Pro Controller and Switch Joy Cons, and even the Wii-U gamepad itself. God damn does the motion sensitivity and input lag on the Wii sensor bar SUCK TO HIGH HELL.

Last edited:
Here my set up, me and my son spend hours just playing random old games. My Wii is hacked with Sega Genesis, NES, Super NES and other emulators and games and I also have a 1tb HDD with hundreds of Wii games built in.... picking up a GameCube tomorrow from OfferUp for $30.

CDE161F7-4BFC-4952-90A7-9B349B2377FE.jpeg

After a random moment of playing Super Mario Galaxy, I would like to remind everyone...........the Wii sensor bar and the Wii controller & nunchuck ARE ABSOLUTE HOT GARBAGE.

Thank god Nintendo finally upgraded from these crappy devices to actual bluetooth wireless controllers like the Switch Pro Controller and Switch Joy Cons, and even the Wii-U gamepad itself. God damn does the motion sensitivity and input lag on the Wii sensor bar SUCK TO HIGH HELL.

Why I never play the Galaxy games

The Best Retro Games of 2017 - RetroGaming with Racketboy http://www.racketboy.com/retro/the-best-retro-games-of-2017

Does anyone have any experience with the STARDEW VALLEY game? Looks cool as hell
“While Harvest Moon is a clear inspiration for much of Stardew Valley, the Animal Crossing influence is noticeable as well. Like in the Nintendo series, you’ll spend time delivering gifts to villagers on their birthdays, attending holiday festivals, donating items to a museum’s collection, catching fish, and upgrading your house. Those pursuits are still satisfying, but Stardew Valley makes them feel like just a small handful of the activities that you can choose to do. With full systems for farming, combat, cooking, crafting, relationships, and more, it feels like a far more substantial experience. On top of that, a seemingly endless amount of little joys can be found everywhere. I even love activities as simple as clearing farmland at night before I go to bed, watching a cooking show in the morning to learn new recipes, and riding my horse around town to deliver meals that I cooked for my neighbors…

I went from never hearing about this game to absolutely falling in love with it almost instantly. Even after all the time I’ve already put into the game, I can’t help but get excited when I think about what my character will be doing in the next in-game year, or the one after that… Some might look at this and say it’s just a farming game, or that it borrows liberally from Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Terraria, and Rune Factory.”

Here my set up, me and my son spend hours just playing random old games. My Wii is hacked with Sega Genesis, NES, Super NES and other emulators and games and I also have a 1tb HDD with hundreds of Wii games built in.... picking up a GameCube tomorrow from OfferUp for $30.

CDE161F7-4BFC-4952-90A7-9B349B2377FE.jpeg
Ur two wiis look sick

Which tv and no ps4? I have 3 ps2s lolol

Back
Top Bottom