The RETRO Gaming Thread!

i have 4 also and might cop the the genesis one... but after that i dont see myself copping any consoles unless its for the n64
I feel you. Lots of people been wondering if that N64 mini is going to happen. I’m going to pass though as I was a strictly a PS1 PS2 guy by that point.

Can't see it happening tbh. I think the retro craze might be waning a bit and the PS Mini was a flop as some of those early 3D games don't age well at all.

If Nintendo were to announce a N64 Classic, it would move like a Supreme drop.

I agree but I also think it depends on the games they would put on it. The SNES Classic is what I wanted the most and while I'm still happy with it, i wasn't happy with all the games that had been put on it. Saying that however, a N64 classic is my second most wanted retro system behind the snes. I don't know why they wouldn't do it, it's just money waiting for them (plus would be a way for them to get one over on Sony and the ps1 with the N64 since Sony put out that garbage mini :lol:) "We couldn't out do you in the PS1/N64 console war then, but 27 years later, we have won!"

Makes sense it would move because the focus is now on these later systems like the N64, GameCube and even the PS2. My generation either has the cartridges they want or they are happy with the NES mini /Sega mini.

I’m hoping the NES prices on carts start to drop. I still can’t bring myself to pay more than $40 for certain games.

If Nintendo were to announce a N64 Classic, it would move like a Supreme drop.

I suppose that Nintendo would limit the production numbers so it would definitely move.

A lot of the popular games on the N64 games were licensed so it might be tricky if not impossible to have them present in ROM format.

Makes sense it would move because the focus is now on these later systems like the N64, GameCube and even the PS2. My generation either has the cartridges they want or they are happy with the NES mini /Sega mini.

I’m hoping the NES prices on carts start to drop. I still can’t bring myself to pay more than $40 for certain games.

See TURBO UNO TURBO UNO those OG cartridges are truly in limited supply so I can understand the prices. Then there's also the fact that someone's had to hold/store 'em for decades.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if 'official' cartridges are reissued at some point in time based on latest trends:

Both really… growing up I didn’t have any systems only the Nintendo which I had like 1 game which was the 1 that came with it… the snes and playstation I never had so I had to go to my friends house to play it… so its nostalgic to own the 3 that I have nes, snes and playstation… I will get the genesis soon too…when I first get the system I play it a lot but I haven’t done so in a while… out of the 3 I own I play the snes every now and then…I have the urge to play street fighter 2 since that was my favorite arcade when I was younger… sometimes I’ll play nba jam too…

Last edited:
I play it often because it’s easier to hook up to modern tv and take it on the go (traveling). Better than bringing a stack of games with you, lol.

Real talk.

Do yall PLAY these Mini-Systems? Or do you get them to collect?

Lol DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican I actually don't own any of these joints. Folks kept all my consoles from N64 and up, and I picked up an OG Genesis Model 1 in mint condition for dirt cheap a few years ago. Have all of them hooked up to an upscaler (OSSC) via SCART, VGA and component. Have a few games on each system, nothing too crazy and fire up a system once every few months.

With that out of the way, I agree with TURBO UNO TURBO UNO that these Mini systems are a great way to get an OFFICIAL retro experience on current TV hardware with little to no tinkering involved. I think most NES/SNES cartridges and some Genesis cartridges are grossly overpriced so these systems fill a much needed void.

Last edited:
Packaging with this controller is A1. Comes in a sexy case and the translucent blue is vibrant.

18EFF9CF-4ACF-4903-BC8E-E69FCC43A553.jpeg

I bought a 2nd one but the r trigger was jammed so I’m returning it.

Pairing isnt as smooth as my 8bitdo snes controller but i got it working. X Y Z buttons work in Street Figher II

Not sure if this is the “best” wireless option, but lookswise I think its the best lol
70B2FC19-D4DE-4F61-A595-9E962D57693E.jpeg

^ where did you cop? id cop the black one if they made it

They do make black. Amazon carries all the retro-bit stuff. Theres 3 versions of the controller floating around: usb, bluetooth, and 2.4 ghz which just came out (the one you want to use with the mini)
6EF41470-328C-4BCB-ACF5-0B933C3CA6B2.jpeg

Id also condiser looking at the 8bitdo one because ive been really happy with their snes controller

Back
Top Bottom