The RETRO Gaming Thread!

88957841_2771180742970890_7844336666075463680_o.jpg

My latest Atari 2600 cartridge pick ups.
-Stampede (1981)
-Roc’N Rope (1984)
-Journey Escape (1982) This one is of the rock group “Journey” and it actually plays part of their hit song “Don’t stop believing” in the game.
E7399BF5-B4E9-40C8-A5D3-F96B673D3E3C.jpeg

My current stash of Atari 2600 games. I’m on the hunt for 10 more and I’ll be done looking for good.
2B2C6C72-AF71-4F59-9199-5EC0AA16744F.jpeg

i wish the dreamcast came out with a retro system similar to ps, snes, nes and genesis but i doubt that would happen

straight up starstruck by the fact that markman is the op of this thread LOL

anyone around still playing fighting games? admittedly i've always been on newer stuff but i love messing around in 3rd strike. kinda wish i learned alpha 2 or 3 at some point. love the recent rollback addition to guilty gear xx accent core +r (on PC) but not sure whether or not i'm actually looking forward to strive

i wish the dreamcast came out with a retro system similar to ps, snes, nes and genesis but i doubt that would happen
I'm sure it will happen eventually
the biggest barrier right now is the absence of an accurate (open source) emulator that will run on cheap hardware...then again, the playstation classic was one of the laziest hackjobs sony has ever produced...i can't believe i preordered one...
dreamcast/naomi/atomiswave was such a good platform...

I'm sure Sony let piracy be easy to be the number one, as it was a new brand at gaming, while Sega and Nintendo ruled the 2D era. When what you sell permits to have free games, plus at a period where Internet wasn't what it is today, you know you'll be the winner and won't be worried as you're also a victim of privacy, clever and sneaky from them...

Nintendo is still because they knew they weren't the one with the best tech so they keep on caring about their very first fans, so Sony could have the adult market with gore, sex, cinematics and Nintendo some old gamers plus the kids, and it was even more true when they used cartridges, low capacity but solid. Sega forgot its identity because of fearing of becoming has been, which ironically happened, if they did develop a similar Nintendo mentality they would still be here, they used to be Nintendo equivalent and let Sony eat them while Nintendo always staid Nintendo.

Dreamcast was great, arcade at home, great 3D when others proposed some pixels...

Sony was on the top when they released PSX, Nintendo with the N64/Mario 64/GoldenEye and Sega with Dreamcast/Sonic/Crazy Taxi/Jet Set Radio but only Sony succeed in time on its platform to keep players because of its versality, piracy, adult games, cinematics, never had a PSX or PS2, but at the time FF and MGS series bring Sony amount of players while Nintendo seemed to be for children

Some Dreamcast with all the games plus new ones by indies compatible with PC would be great...

If indies could releasing official new games on all old supports it would be great

Imagine a 2D game made in 2021 for SNES officialy buyable in cartridge ? Awesome !

straight up starstruck by the fact that markman is the op of this thread LOL

anyone around still playing fighting games? admittedly i've always been on newer stuff but i love messing around in 3rd strike. kinda wish i learned alpha 2 or 3 at some point. love the recent rollback addition to guilty gear xx accent core +r (on PC) but not sure whether or not i'm actually looking forward to strive

the biggest barrier right now is the absence of an accurate (open source) emulator that will run on cheap hardware...then again, the playstation classic was one of the laziest hackjobs sony has ever produced...i can't believe i preordered one...
dreamcast/naomi/atomiswave was such a good platform...
Man, used to be real into SNK stuff.
Last Blade, Double Dragon, King of Fighters, Garou: Mark of the Wolf, etc.
If not for emulators I'd be done for. I can't afford em original games...
There's tons of portable aftermarket hardware running those.
Emulating PSP, N64, even some PS2 games on the go!

Back
Top Bottom