The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Like how crappy the polygon look nowadays and how awful Goldeneye control is.

Yeah, I can see that. The polygon look was cool for the time since it was so different to the 8/16 bit games we were used to at the time. I feel like it was needed at that moment.

Never played Goldeneye though. I’ve only YouTubed it.

Yeah, I can see that. The polygon look was cool for the time since it was so different to the 8/16 bit games we were used to at the time. I feel like it was needed at that moment.

Never played Goldeneye though. I’ve only YouTubed it.
it was acceptable back then since 3D model and environment was new. I remember playing Turok with those polygonal dinosaurs and mountains. and with Nascar with those polygonal tires. :rofl:

it was acceptable back then since 3D model and environment was new. I remember playing Turok with those polygonal dinosaurs and mountains. and with Nascar with those polygonal tires. :rofl:
Oh man, reminds me of Grand Turismo 1 and 2 on the PlayStation. Younger me said “eh, good enough” 😆

Speaking of rage quit a few pages back...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ARK
Crazy part of the remaster craze.

Turok looks absolutely atrocious with all that fog, muddy colors and low-poly models.

Sega literally has a treasure trove.

The console’s graphical limitation that forced them to use fog in Turok worked to their advantage because it gave the game a very distinct look, played into the environment, and helped heighten the tension

Oh man, reminds me of Grand Turismo 1 and 2 on the PlayStation. Younger me said “eh, good enough” 😆

Speaking of rage quit a few pages back...

the most I had done with raging was slamming the table and keyboard with my hand and hitting the crt monitor in the side. I'm subtle. if I can't beat the game, I stop playing and lie down and sleep in bed. once I wake up and figured out some new strategy, I start playing again.

Crazy part of the remaster craze.

Turok looks absolutely atrocious with all that fog, muddy colors and low-poly models.

Sega literally has a treasure trove.
that was the limitation of 3D gaming back then. you can also add the draw distance. I remember playing Silent Hill back then and the so-called fog effect atmosphere of the game was cleverly done to hide the limitations of the system. the first resident evil game was atrocious as well and I can't believe that I was able to play on with it. if that same game was played today, I doubt I would even spend more than 5 minutes of it before saying, it looks crappy.

The console’s graphical limitation that forced them to use fog in Turok worked to their advantage because it gave the game a very distinct look, played into the environment, and helped heighten the tension
they did that with Silent Hill games.

speaking of recent remasters. this comparison of "the last of us" that the aesthetic improvements are not that much when the game is well made and the hardware is capable of showing it, other than gameplay performance of course.

speaking of recent remasters. this comparison of "the last of us" that the aesthetic improvements are not that much when the game is well made and the hardware is capable of showing it, other than gameplay performance of course.

I could definitely see some aesthetic improvements but the general construct of the game is amazing. for a casual gamer, this wouldn't really matter.

that was the limitation of 3D gaming back then. you can also add the draw distance. I remember playing Silent Hill back then and the so-called fog effect atmosphere of the game was cleverly done to hide the limitations of the system. the first resident evil game was atrocious as well and I can't believe that I was able to play on with it. if that same game was played today, I doubt I would even spend more than 5 minutes of it before saying, it looks crappy.
I never got into Turok. Between the controls, graphics, etc. It was just wack to me.

But…I’ll caveat I’m not a huge FPS guy.

Silent Hill one was dope. Two and three were great. Make Konami Great Again. I felt like, yes, it was on the PS1 and it chugged but the fog definitely added to the atmosphere.

It’s wild how Konami couldn’t remain relevant.

Feel games from the n64/ps1 era def benefit from getting remastered but don't think its necessary for ps2/gamecube/xbox games and onwards.

Started feeling this way after seeing how sinfully ugly the remastered gta 3d era games are. Imo some of the games lost their charm after the hd treatment and would rather play the originals on the highest setting for pc instead of getting the remasters.

98a

c38b5-16355244496919-1920.jpg

I personally love the old blocky PS1/N64 3D graphics. They're charming and remind me of a better time.
Oh for sure. It’s very 90’s to me and it’s what I grew up in my teenage years playing. Nothing like playing those game on a crt television. Pure nostalgia 🔥

the most I had done with raging was slamming the table and keyboard with my hand and hitting the crt monitor in the side. I'm subtle. if I can't beat the game, I stop playing and lie down and sleep in bed. once I wake up and figured out some new strategy, I start playing again.
You a better man me. My neighbors would know if I lost because I’d yell some **** at my tv in anger....even as a kid. You’d hear a loud high pitched “FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH” 🤣

Oh for sure. It’s very 90’s to me and it’s what I grew up in my teenage years playing. Nothing like playing those game on a crt television. Pure nostalgia 🔥

You a better man me. My neighbors would know if I lost because I’d yell some **** at my tv in anger....even as a kid. You’d hear a loud high pitched “FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH” 🤣
funny you said that. but when it comes to basketball, that's where I really rage like you. that's why I don't watch live games as much as possible.

Welp might go byke to the pawn shop tomorrow and hope the Wii is still there. I got reasons to cop it now..
Nice. The best part about the Wii is there’s a ton of games at thrift stores and their popular titles are not too expensive if you go the eBay/OfferUp route.

Been playing Mario tennis 64 on switch. Game is a lot more basic than I remember. But damn my thumb is sore as hell from trying to beat the highest tournament. Back when the game first came out, I didn’t even know it went past star cup.

Rainbow cup?!

Moonlight cup?!

Planet cup?!

Damn, I musta been real bad at this game or just bored with it back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom