The RETRO Gaming Thread!

81z3w4rZHNL._SL1467_.jpg

I never knew there was a Die Hard Trilogy 2. First one was classic

I never knew there was a Die Hard Trilogy 2. First one was classic
I only knew of the 1st one and my copy was a green label greatest hits. Back in the day when Toys R Us had sales for $9.99

Edit: Checked my stash of Wii games yesterday and counted 70 total. I have most of the titles I wanted but realized there are only a handful I’m looking for. Surprised it was so easy to get this many but I realize I got my copies from thrift stores for $1-2 each. I wish other consoles were this available.

That controller was absolutely clutch for Track & Field 1 -2. Especially the hammer throw event and the need to swirl the D-pad in circle motions. It would hurt like hell doing it on a regular control pad :lol:
Advantage had turbo and slow mo.

Plus it was a stick so you could twirl it around like a spinning pile driver.

Max wasn’t horrible. It had utility in certain games like a super sprint, 720, RC Pro Am, etc.

Lineup to the retro gaming convention is crazy. So many fans , old timers, millennials and kids came in droves. Had to sacrifice our spot since my son has to eat. Be back in the afternoon. Hope to trade my ps2 and games, Wii U and some switch games for whatever would be left in the convention.

Plus it was a stick so you could twirl it around like a spinning pile driver.

Max wasn’t horrible. It had utility in certain games like a super sprint, 720, RC Pro Am, etc.
The Max was good. I used it plenty because of the swirling circular d pad. I was able to max out the power bar on many of the events easily. Not sure I’d try that with the arcade joystick, might break.

The Max was good. I used it plenty because of the swirling circular d pad. I was able to max out the power bar on many of the events easily. Not sure I’d try that with the arcade joystick, might break.
Bro the turbo was better on the advantage. Plus when you’re playing not Track and Field…you can use the slow down to get through a hairy spot. Yes, it’s pause being spammed. But it could work sometimes.

For me personally, I’d want something like this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/3BJZTxjNCsRhagVs9

NES controller like with turbo.

Bro the turbo was better on the advantage. Plus when you’re playing not Track and Field…you can use the slow down to get through a hairy spot. Yes, it’s pause being spammed. But it could work sometimes.

For me personally, I’d want something like this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/3BJZTxjNCsRhagVs9

NES controller like with turbo.
I know what you mean but that game needed the swirling action (which the Max has) but also has the turbo button as well. I know the Advantage joystick has the multi-pause button and I don’t recall it being useful for that game, maybe the river raft portion of Track&Field 2.

had a mixed day from yesterday's retro gaming meet. too bad I wasn't able to trade my stuff as I was paying more attention to my son who was all over the place. I would have spent more time and bought and traded some stuff but I felt I caught Covid. my energy level just crashed yesterday and had to sit down for the most part. have a sorethroat, a bit of a headache, colds and body ache.

Oh wow sneeker sneeker , I’m sorry you’re not feeling well. Where you masked up and vaccinated? I still can’t bring myself to attend large crowds, not convinced it’s safe yet.

Oh wow sneeker sneeker , I’m sorry you’re not feeling well. Where you masked up and vaccinated? I still can’t bring myself to attend large crowds, not convinced it’s safe yet.
I was masked up and vaccinated. also, they hot summer weather didn't help either. I couldn't even focus on things I wanted to do. but then, I went there for the young one as well as he had a blast playing with other people (both young and old). I really wanted to trade-in some amiibos and get some Switch or Wii U games for my PS2 stuff. there were some great deals but I guess it was too much for me to process with my condition. couldn't really focus and look at the countless stuff there. wasn't able to get some pictures and videos as well. but I did enjoy the DJ and he was amazing.

Damn, that sucks. I hope you get well soon. Hit up the next even, you’ll probably get better offers since PS2 games are rising in value.

Damn, that sucks. I hope you get well soon. Hit up the next even, you’ll probably get better offers since PS2 games are rising in value.
thanks. just feel horrible for a few days now. whopping cough, sore throat, mild headache, stuffy nose, body aches. haven't felt like this since 2013. can't even focus and it's hot as hell right now. have to put on the air conditioner now.

Last edited:
thanks. just feel horrible for a few days now. whopping cough, mild headache, stuffy nose. haven't felt like this since 2013. can't even focus and it's hot as hell right now. have to put on the air conditioner now.
terrible sneezing as well. 🤧

Back
Top Bottom