The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Just enjoyed an epic night of retro gaming with my nephews and niece

People complain that kids only care about graphics these days but it's far from the truth. They're just never properly introduced to what we grew up on. The reality is a lot of kids find modern games to even be overly-difficult since they're made more with seasoned gamers in mind.

Games played tonight:

Super Monkey Ball
The Simpsons
X-Men
TMNT
Final Fight
SF2 Alpha
SF 3rd Strike
Marvel Super Heroes

My youngest nephew loved the old beat em ups. He's 10, and going straight and mashing punch was the most fun I'd ever seen him have gaming :lol:

Last edited:
Why hasn't Capcom made anymore Power Stone games? 
ohwell.gif

What's the best way to play a Dreamcast or SNES on a 4k TV? 

I really want it just to play MvC 1 & 2 lol

Last edited:
What's the best way to play a Dreamcast or SNES on a 4k TV? 

I really want it just to play MvC 1 & 2 lol

The dreamcast should play ok..but the SNES may look really outdated..I was gonna create a retro gaming station..where I'd get a Sony Trintron off eBay or somewhere else..and start with SNES and PS2..I have a 4ktv..and personally I have no desire to hook up any old school consoles on there..just my PS3 ps4..and I plan on getting Xbox1 eventually

The dreamcast should play ok..but the SNES may look really outdated..I was gonna create a retro gaming station..where I'd get a Sony Trintron off eBay or somewhere else..and start with SNES and PS2..I have a 4ktv..and personally I have no desire to hook up any old school consoles on there..just my PS3 ps4..and I plan on getting Xbox1 eventually
So, after some quick research, the best way is to play on a old CRT TV? No way to play on a new TV unless it's an emulator or a SNES mini?

Got it. Okay, I guess I'll continue to play emulators on my Mac for now and try for the SNES mini to play Mario Kart again lol.

You can play SNES on an HDTV but I would highly recommend getting a 27 inch CRT or something like that if you're mildly serious about gaming..

So, after some quick research, the best way is to play on a old CRT TV? No way to play on a new TV unless it's an emulator or a SNES mini?

Graphically - yes..u can find nice sony tv on eBay for really really cheap ..I used to own this..its small and aged decently..I don't want to get a ginormous old school tv..since I'm a wannabe-minimalist lol..but this tv is solid..I'm biased..I only buy Sony

View media item 2480138
** u can get an adapter or wires whatever to play SNES on any tv but I think it would look funny

Last edited:
You can play SNES on an HDTV but I would highly recommend getting a 27 inch CRT or something like that if you're mildly serious about gaming..
Not super serious, just want the opportunity to play and beat some of the classic games. 

Playing on my Mac through an Emulator is okay, but not great.

Not super serious, just want the opportunity to play and beat some of the classic games. 

Playing on my Mac through an Emulator is okay, but not great.

Then just grab some av cables and game on yuh HDTV, you'll experience some lag but nothing too serious

Then just grab some av cables and game on yuh HDTV, you'll experience some lag but nothing too serious
My TV doesn't that AV outputs anymore. Just HDMI connections.

Do you or anyone in this thread have a recommendation for a HDMI converter?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom