THE REVISED KOBE VI THREAD: (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/ST) COLORWAYS ON SALE,NDC AND EASTBAY ****

just copped a pair of grinches for $160 off a fb group page. no extra laces or box tho. 

Good deal I guess on those grinches, but I'd never buy more than retail for a pair of used shoes. :rolleyes

To sell my 3d lakers or not to sell... Nothing goes with that colorway haha sucks because I wore em 1x

Last edited:
@Babylon  

@kobeoverbron

Not sure this shoe warrants its own thread, but some have asked for an update/pics when in-hand. Sorry the pics are pretty lackluster, this is an insane work week for me so I just wanted to snap a few since they just came in. I will try and get more detailed shots up as soon as I get time and better lighting.

Nike Zoom Hyper Attack - a volleyball model

Things that are the same as the Kobe VI
  • Midsole (phylon + met and heel zoom)
  • Insole (same exact material and shape, identical)
  • Overall shape of the shoe and padding around the heel is the same exact stuff, if not a little better
  • Tongue (has the same pro combat tongue - padded but breathable and the tongue shape at the top is about identical.
  • Laces
What's different
  • The upper -- it's a fuse/flywire upper much like the Kobe V, maybe a hair thicker and more durable?
  • The outsole -- full-herringbone... amazing. I've dreamed of getting the V or VIs with better traction patterns. Well, here it is
  • The heel cup -- this heel cup seems closer to what was offered on the IV, maybe somewhat like the V heel cup but not that good
Dying to hoop in these but as I said, ridiculous week so I'm going to lace them up as soon as I can. Hoping I can get some time in Friday and/or Saturday. They are really snug from first try on -- I can't remember how a brand new pair of VIs fit and if it was exactly the same. These are definitely snug though. Anticipating that these will play just like the VI, but with even better traction. Can't wait.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Amazing
Man... I'm ready to order another colorway or too haha... especially that clean white pair and maybe the one with a chaos vibe

Sort of hoping these pop up somewhere else for a little cheaper

Wow thats really interesting

Where did you get them? Can't find much info online..was trying to see that Chaos colorway you mentioned. I love the scales on the 6s, probably my fa6 part about them

I would LOVE to know how that shoe came about. So odd they took what was already a great basketball shoe, possibly made it better and called it a volley ball shoe.

I dont know much about volleyball. I seen they wore Hyperdunks in the Olympics. Volleyball shoes and hoops shoes are pretty much interchangeable? I feel like the full/almost full speed running to plant your foot and change directions movement in bball is not there in volleyball. Some hoops shoes I don't mind playing 21 or half court in, but theyre not good for fullcourt. Thats how id imagine volleyball is

Wow thats really interesting

Where did you get them? Can't find much info online..was trying to see that Chaos colorway you mentioned. I love the scales on the 6s, probably my fa6 part about them
Yeah no scales on these -- that is a great touch with the VI. The true VIs have great Kobe details that you obviously lose with these, but from a functional basketball standpoint, these are money. Colorways are decent too.  I got them from this site, if you scroll or search on there you can see more colors:

https://www.athleteps.com/nike-air-zoom-hyper-attack-volleyball-shoes-midnight-navy-white-volt/

I dont know much about volleyball. I seen they wore Hyperdunks in the Olympics. Volleyball shoes and hoops shoes are pretty much interchangeable? I feel like the full/almost full speed running to plant your foot and change directions movement in bball is not there in volleyball. Some hoops shoes I don't mind playing 21 or half court in, but theyre not good for fullcourt. Thats how id imagine volleyball is
Yea this is a good thought. I do think they came about because of the interchangeability. You see a lot of Vball players with the latest peformance bball shoes on.

Nike has done this before making a hyperdunk low into another model for volleyball. Glad they went through with these...

hmmm I might have to cop those hyper attacks...watch those be better hoop shoes than some nike sig models

If anyone does buy and hoops in them let us know how it goes Kobe vi are the most comfortable Kobe to date imo

legit. fakes would have very off scales- those are extremely hard to reproduce.

the lining would also be very loose and craftsmanship around the heel would be hella bad

Back
Top Bottom