THE REVISED KOBE VI THREAD: (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/ST) COLORWAYS ON SALE,NDC AND EASTBAY ****

laugh.gif
@ the grammar police. When I'm on NT, it's usually from my iphone.

Anyway, my gradients and 3ds should be in on Wednesday. Thanks again to eastbay and to TPG for the heads up that discounts were good.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I was thinking the same thing, but figured I'd stay out of it.

Well... Next time if you plan on calling someone a bum more than once, make sure YOU'RE spelling it correctly.

Anyways, How would everyone stack up the VI against the V? V is considered to be among many, one of the greatest basketball shoes of all time. Even to those who don't like Kobe. What do you guys think about the VI?

I think the VI is another classic addition to the Kobe line. I don't feel that the VI as an overall better shoe than the V. The V just represents greatness from the look and performance to winning a championship.

The VI is a classic in it's own right though, and I can see why some people like it better than the V.
For my two cents the Kobe V was the better bb-shoe and the better casual shoe.
I also like the colorways better. The Kobe V were more traditional in the colorways while the Kobe 6 colorways were more innovative.
My preference is the traditional colorways. 
V > VI for me. 
The Vs have more of a casual look to them that I like, and I was generally just a bigger fan of the top colorways on the Vs (BLs, DKs, Chaos, BS Away/Home, Aston, etc) compared to the VIs (Grinch, OC, Barcelona, etc). Like NikeRider said, the colorways on the Vs I felt came more from great colorblocking/inspirations (i.e. Bruce Lee, Dark Knight movie, Aston Martin, etc), whereas the ones for the VIs came more from doing something new/different (i.e. 3D, print image for OCs/ELAs, camo, etc). I appreciate some of the crazy/loud colorways of the VIs, which are pretty crazy just by itself with the scaled upper, but for general wear/use, I put on my Vs more often, though I admit the VIs are more comfortable just for casual wear. 

Performance-wise, the Vs had a relatively better lockdown feel, which is a major key for me, and I just felt more 1-to-1 with them when I played.  But the two major downsides to the Vs for me was the durability of the upper (my DKs have some small rips here and there but I've worn them a lot), and the traction, both of which I think the VIs improved on, more so in terms of durability.

And in terms of the memories I'll associate with each shoe, there's no comparison. Kobe winning his 5th championship in a 7 game Finals vs the Celtics, those 6 buzzer beaters he had throughout the season, etc vs. an up & down regular season, an All-Star MVP, and getting swept in the playoffs...Vs all the way here.

All that said, I still really like the VIs, but I put them just a little bit behind the Vs and IVs in terms of my favorites in the Nike line. The scale upper is a classic look and complements his nickname amazingly, and it's definitely a unique shoe to have in the collection.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by barry

If you didn't want that, then why the hell did you post this in a forum?
laugh.gif

Fall back son. Your a bum.

Too funny, "fall back son....Your a bum"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

In case you haven't noticed, Eastbay associates monitor these boards.  I posted so they can see what I think of the "service" they provided me.  That difficult to undersatnd?

I missed the quick strike edit????
30t6p3b.gif

Instead of posting it here so they can see what you think of the service, why not pm them directly?

I'll say it again. Fall back son. Your a bum.
How do you know I haven't sent them a private message?  Exactly, you don't.
I'll say it again....Too funny, "fall back son....your a bum"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Keep posting....

Originally Posted by thapointguy

What's funny was that he said, "poor service". How'd you expect ppl to respond with that negativity? As a business, I'd be offended and wouldn't bother helping you get the difference back, which they shouldn't unless it was in a timely matter, not two days after the fact. Props to Eastbay reps if they can do this for you.

we seriously need a separate thread for problems like this or anything related to Eastbay.
2 days after the fact?  Obviously you didn't read my original post.  Place order Saturday, called Sunday.  Was less than 24 hours later.  Good try.  And yes,  I think its poor service that they couldn't provide me the difference in what I paid and a valid discount.  Companies do this all the time, I.E. after the fact price matching.  Some companies actually go out 30 days for this.  Bought a LCD TV a couple of months ago from Best Buy.  2 weeks later, I see an add for a lower price.  Guess what?  Went into the store and they put the difference back on my CC no questions asked.  People are acting like I am asking for something crazy.  
This board is hilarious.   If I posted complaining that my sneaker box was dented that I received from Eastbay, people would be agreeing.  

laugh.gif
@ the grammar police. When I'm on NT, it's usually from my iphone.
That's me....the GP!. =) glad you have a sense of humor....
as for the iphone?....touchscreen FOR YOUR LOSS......(and mine, because I have the most horrific texts in the existence of the smartphone era)....
swype types some stuff I never imagined...

As for the V vs VI comparison, I still go with the V's (probably because I have more of them and need reassurance that I don't have a problem)....
VI's are nice though, I just shelve them more to make sure the V's get love and not neglected......

VI's kinda squeeze at my ankles when laced all the way up, like the material was just cut wrong or something...
still an awesome shoe....

GP checking out....your all their for the whether report....
eyes.gif

Too funny, "fall back son....Your a bum"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

In case you haven't noticed, Eastbay associates monitor these boards.  I posted so they can see what I think of the "service" they provided me.  That difficult to undersatnd?

I missed the quick strike edit????
30t6p3b.gif

Instead of posting it here so they can see what you think of the service, why not pm them directly?

I'll say it again. Fall back son. Your a bum.
How do you know I haven't sent them a private message?  Exactly, you don't.
I'll say it again....Too funny, "fall back son....your a bum"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Keep posting....

Then what was the point of you coming here to complain?

Gradients/spray paints came early from Eastbay too
happy.gif
, box was a little torn up though and the extra laces weren't included..

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Congrats to everyone that ordered their pairs! 
happy.gif
   They are in stock, so orders for them should start shipping out on Monday.  Just send us a private message with your customer/order number is you want us to check on your order.

Originally Posted by shychinoboy

copped off eastbay w/ 15% off. just released but no sz 9??? had to get 9.5
Originally Posted by shychinoboy

i have a feeling eastbay didn't get sz 9 in the 3d's. no way they sold out that quickly.
We did receive some size 9s in with the shipment we received, but there were not very many available.  We may be receiving another shipment in for the size size 9s, but that is a big "may", since we were suppose to receive them with our first shipment.

EastbayRep - Ray

Thanks Eastbay Ray for the info. Anyway to give us a heads up if you get another shipment?

On another note, I was shocked to find that they were delivered today! 2nd day air for gold club memebers? Never had this before!

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

i'll wear my VI's and i'll say 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 these are better than the V's.. but then

i'll wear my V's and i'll say 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 these are better than the VI's..

it's just a cycle 
laugh.gif
 i can't just choose one. 
QFT

Originally Posted by DFABIX

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

it's just a cycle 
laugh.gif
 i can't just choose one. 
QFT
laugh.gif
that's how i also feel about the v's and vi's

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

If you've got your eye on any Kobe VIs on NDC that are discounted, go use code: ADVANTAGE for 25% off and SWOOSH for free shipping. Happy shopping.

Good looks. Been waiting for the Italian Camos to come down. $89 shipped, I'll take it.

to stop confusion, got my sneakerhead discount code via email and it states that the code is only a one time usage and it expires on the 28th. there's also good discount on ndc which i'm considering. if i don't use my sneakerhead discount by then, i'll post it on here.

Originally Posted by carbonsilver

Gradients/spray paints came early from Eastbay too
happy.gif
, box was a little torn up though and the extra laces weren't included..

Sorry to hear your box took some damage. We would like to take a look. We would also like to know which laces were missing. If you can, please DM us with your customer number so we can help. Thank you.

EastbayRep - Dustin

Originally Posted by swooshallday

Originally Posted by DFABIX

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

it's just a cycle 
laugh.gif
 i can't just choose one. 
QFT
laugh.gif
that's how i also feel about the v's and vi's
yup. in essence they seem to be equal performance wise.

Steph playing in the Barcas makes me want them. every time I see that vid. SICK
pimp.gif

I can imagine myself playing in them.
frown.gif

you guys think he got it from Nike or he went to eBay(
laugh.gif
... money's nothing to him anyway...)?

Originally Posted by 619destroyer

Originally Posted by AJ Kickz

Originally Posted by JRodski

copped dk's off sneakerhead for 87 shipped...

How'd you get them that cheap? Share the code!
i was looking at your post too,,yea share the damn code homie!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i registered with em and they sent it to my email. think it was some kinda blk friday 20% promo...

i believe its customer specific through, dont think its the type of code that can be re-used...

good luck...

Well, it's been a great ride on the VI's. I just got in the spray paints and 3d's from Eastbay to close them out. From start to finish it's been a blast tracking these shoes down from Cali to Europe to here in Ohio. I think I ended up with 27 different colorways. Just hope the VII's start to grow on me a little. Until then, take care everyone and have a great Thanksgiving!

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by raptors29

VI > V performance wise, hands down

you my friend are crazy. seriously.

anyone got actual pix of the tour yellows?
nerd.gif
I've hooped in both. 2 pairs of each. 6s are the Black Jesus of the Kobe line. 

with the clearance code on NDC and swoosh im gonna have to pick up a pair for $50. i didnt want to buy another pair of VI's but i need new basketball shoes.

Back
Top Bottom