The 'Robert Horry' Argument: 'Stop it' (copyright: KLJ)

darthska

Staff member
This freaking garbage rebuttal/response is thrown out there way, WAAAAAAY too often and senselessly.
laugh.gif

A ROLE PLAYER... is different than a MAIN PLAYER.

Adam Morrison w/ a ring is not the same as Lebron w/ a ring. Makes sense, right?

Likewise, Morrison w/ ONE is not better than Malone w/ ZERO. Still in agreement, right?

Well ROBERT HORRY'S 9,381 CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS SHOULD NOT BE USED TO SUGGEST HE IS ON THE SAME LEVEL AS ANY MAIN PLAYER, EVER.
laugh.gif

When comparing players, you have to keep the ROLES on the same level. Comparing Lue to CP3 seems stupid, comparing Dirk to James White seems stupid, comparing Bird to Paxson seems stupid, but you dudes want to counter w/ Horry when the topic is someone like Lebron or Kobe?!
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Or I've heard... A LOTTTT... "Well I guess Horry is right up there w/ MJ.
smokin.gif
Big Shot Bob sitting at Jordan's table."

No. You know better. Stop it.

Jordan's... and Kobe's, Lebron's, Dirk's, Magic's, Pippen's, Pau's, Wade's, Shaq's, Duncan's... table is 'MAIN Players w/ Rings'.

HORRY'S... and Sasha's, Barea's, Haslem's, Paxson's, Rambis', Okur's... table is 'ROLE Players w/ Rings'.

And it's obviously used in the Kobe/MJ/Lebron argument a lot, but it's also in other arguments, and every time I see someone use 'The Robert Horry Argument', I just think of the poster basically giving up. "I got nothing. Good point. Let me throw Horry in here. I win!"

Show that you understand the difference between his role and the role of whichever main player is being discussed.

Stop the madness.

Only you can prevent forest fires absurd NT stances.
laugh.gif

(feel free to link abusers of The Horry Argument to this thread. My name is DarthSka, and I approve this message.)

I have never heard/seen Horry brought up in "best player" arguments as it pertains to Kobe and LeBron. Maybe sarcastically, but never as "hes better because he has more rings"

I have never heard/seen Horry brought up in "best player" arguments as it pertains to Kobe and LeBron. Maybe sarcastically, but never as "hes better because he has more rings"

he's never compared to the best player, just the amount of rings he's won.

So people will say Horry > Jordan because 7 > 6.

:lol:

[quote name="DarthSka" url="/t/529979/the-robert-horry-argument-stop-it-copyright-klj#post

HORRY'S... and Sasha's, Barea's, Haslem's, Paxson's, Rambis', Okur's... table is 'ROLE Players w/ Rings'.

[/quote]

Horry was huge part of a lot those championship teams

:lol: I love it how when role players helps win a championship its because of the star player but when a role players cant help a star player get a championship they are bums( Lebrons tailor made Cleveland role players)

Last edited:
You tried, but even in your attemp, you proved my point exactly; star players lead, while role players "help"/"can't help" (your words).

That video posted up top got that list all wrong.

The Horry three in Game 4 of the 2002 WCF is Horry's biggest shot in his career. Had that never happened, Sac would've won that series.

That's the thing. I pray that people are being sarcastic, but sadly some of them aren't. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Okay, forget Robert Horry.

Gus Williams (won as the man on the 79 Sonics) > Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Kevin Durant, etc.?? Okay.
Bill Walton = LeBron James as of right now? Thanks for the info.

Paul Pierce, Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups... Are these also dumb examples? They were certainly at least just as impactful in their championships as Kobe when he rode Shaq, especially the first one when Shaq won despite Kobe averaging 15.6 on .367 shooting in the finals.
As long as you keep posting stupid crap like "5 > 1", you better believe you'll be hearing about Robert Horry.. As well as Derek Fisher, Bill Wennington, Adam Morrison and others.

I was thinking about this to myself earlier today

dumb way to discredit the difficulties of winning a chip as a core/main player

"oh by that logic robert horry" nah man

Okay, forget Robert Horry.

Gus Williams (won as the man on the 79 Sonics) > Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Kevin Durant, etc.?? Okay.
Bill Walton = LeBron James as of right now? Thanks for the info.

Paul Pierce, Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups... Are these also dumb examples? They were certainly at least just as impactful in their championships as Kobe when he rode Shaq, especially the first one when Shaq won despite Kobe averaging 15.6 on .367 shooting in the finals.
As long as you keep posting stupid crap like "5 > 1", you better believe you'll be hearing about Robert Horry.. As well as Derek Fisher, Bill Wennington, Adam Morrison and others.

For one, those Kobe stats include the game where he played like 9 mins when he got Jalen Rose'd, if you throw that game out he still averaged like 19 ppg. Not great but 15.6 is misleading. TP, Billups and Pierce were on much more balanced teams than the Lakers were. The Spurs had more than just Duncan to help out TP, Pierce had Ray and KG, and the Pistons had a well balanced scoring load. The Lakers had who, Glen Rice? Derek Fisher? Even if you wanna say those guys played equal to or more of a role than Kobe did, Kobe still went and won 2 more and appeared in a 3rd with Pau, LO and a supporting cast that in hindsight isn't a very impressive team.

:lol: @ thinking you're punishing people by continuing to use The Horry Argument

"You better believe you're going to hear about Robert Horry."

:lol: Oh god, nooooo! Please, not that!! :rofl:

You're not punishing anyone but yourself. Yes, I agree that Kobe's 5 are far different than Lebron's 1, but using The Horry Argument as support of that difference is extremely elementary and foolish. Use something more substantial, something that can be taken more seriously than comparing a role player to a great.

Been screaming this for years man. You ONLY bring up the ring argument when the two players in discussion are on the same damn level.

What bothers me is LeBron used that argument around the ASG :lol:

^I dislike how Lebron tried to undermine Bill Russell Career and achievements and who he was on as a player...."I wouldn't take Bill Russell over Kobe"

Dude probably never even seen him play.

Robert Horry is that dude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom